• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Tunir uchiha said:
silver surfer wins
You have to give an actual argument or you might as well not vote in the first place.

That said, Surfer's ability to control the Power Cosmic will give him a major edge in this fight (since I'm pretty sure it encompasses some form of Reality Warping). That said, Geo has a major advantage in terms of manuverability with his faster and more frequent teleportation on top of being immune to the vast majority of Silver Surfer's hax (i.e. Molecular Manipulation and Transmutation since he's made of EM Waves).

That said, Silver Surfer's ability to survive in Black Holes and his Soul Manipulation takes out Geo's two most powerful finishers, and I'm not sure if Geo can perform Sub-Atomic Destruction. However, Geo might be able to pull through if he uses the Dread Laser, which converts the foe into EM Waves and Data and scatters them across space, which may just nullify the Surfer's Regenerationn since it seems to be matter-based.

I'd give it to Geo. Almost all of Surfer's hax is either useless (transmutations and the like) or something he doesn't use in a fight in-character (time stopping mostly) or is something Geo has dealt with (illusions are something Kung Foo Kid uses)

Geo has a significant power edge since SS is on a much lower end of SS Level than Geo, who is 100,129 foe.

While I think Surfer's hax gives him a major advantage, a major amount of it won't work against someone like Stelar and Geo is pretty haxed in his own right.

IMO Geo wins because of considerably higher AP, hax resistance to what Surfer's deadliest assets would be in any other fight, and the fact that he's pretty broken in his own right.

Bump.

Also, it's worth noting Surfer hasn't ever used his hax effectively on drastically stronger opponents like Geo, the main example being Thanos.

Bump to question cal again.

Also Surfer is not a reality warper, he's a matter manipulator, which is useless in this fight unfortunately for Radd.

I think it would be close either way.

IMO a closer fight would be X vs Surfer (Though I honestly think X would win with extreme difficulties since speed and hax > AP and hax, he has comparable regen and he's far more hax resistant than Surfer. It's also worth noting he has vastly superior fighting skills to the Surfer.

My vote goes to geo due to reasons above and his wide arsenal ( his battle cards) and how he has different transformations the one i am thinking of is rouge noise form which gives him a auto shield that can take some damage for him

@QuickGemini

How so?

He rarely time travels in the present comics. His matter manipulation, size manipulation, and transmutation are useless against a EM Wave Human. Geo's not dumb enough to be sealed into Surfer's board. EM Wave Humans are immune to illusions and hypnosis. Black Hole Creation is also useless since Geo can waltz around inside the largest black hole in the Milky Way Galaxy with no sign of strain or effort.

On the other hand, Geo can probably scatter Surfer into countless fragments of EM Waves and Data with a Dread Laser.

Just saying that EM Energy isn't atoms so Surfer cannot regen from that.

Also worth noting is the fact that Geo has vastly superior fighting skills.

QuickGemini said:
Norman Raad Takes this one.
He has powerful hax and can keep up with Geo.
1) It's Norrin Radd.

2) While I would agree with you if it was someone like Goku or Superman, that is not the case here as Geo's composition makes him immune to much of Surfer's hax, while Surfer is practically helpless against some of Geo's on top of the enormous power gap.

3) Maybe in travel speed but his combat speed is WAYYYYY lower. Doesn't matter though given that speed's equalized.

To sum it up Geo outclasses Surfer in nearly everything except hax, but it's useless here due to Geo's composition hard countering anything Surfer could do except for electromagnetic energy blasts (Surfer loves using Energy-based attacks so he could hit Geo that way, most likely, however the problem is that Geo's durability far exceeds Surfer's output as Surfer is 276 Foe via scaling to Thor while Geo is 100,129 Foe via scaling to Sirius, so Surfer's attacks won't do much if anything while even a casual attack from Stelar would do serious damage to Surfer). Geo also has a more well-balanced skillset than Surfer.

@QuickGemini

The Power Cosmic has all the applications described on Surfer's profile.

The only ones that Geo will have a problem with are Surfer's Regen, Time Travel, and Soul Manipulation, but he rarely uses the latter two.

Reppuzan said:
@QuickGemini
The Power Cosmic has all the applications described on Surfer's profile.

The only ones that Geo will have a problem with are Surfer's Regen, Time Travel, and Soul Manipulation, but he rarely uses the latter two.
Geo might have resistance to soul manipulation given that he doesn't die instantly if you use Mirrors edge against him in PVP, but IDK if that's legit usable.

And he has never used time travel in combat.

Reppuzan said:
@BtB
Not usable since that's in a non-canon PvP scenario.
Understood, kinda thought that already. Although Surfer hardly uses Soul attacks anyway. He uses Energy-based attacks more often than not

Surfer energy attacks and soul manipulation would be the only things that surfer has that he uses that would do harm to geo but given how durable geo is to surfer i can't see surfer doing enough damage to geo befor geo can beats him

As for the regen idk maybe geos poison type attacks may be of some use in that regard

Denpahero said:
Surfer energy attacks and soul manipulation would be the only things that surfer has that he uses that would do harm to geo but given how durable geo is to surfer i can't see surfer doing enough damage to geo befor geo can beats him
As for the regen idk maybe geos poison type attacks may be of some use in that regard
Very true.

How ever I believe Surfer's Regen would out match Geo.

Giving him of an advantage.

If I was willing to grant things based off power sets alone, I would give it to Surfer, but as others have mentioned, some of his most OP powers are things that don't come up too often. Because of that, I am giving to Geo with some difficulty 6.5/10. I think BruceTheBatman gave the best reaoning, no need to repeat too much.

PostmodernD said:
If I was willing to grant things based off power sets alone, I would give it to Surfer, but as others have mentioned, some of his most OP powers are things that don't come up too often. Because of that, I am giving to Geo with some difficulty 6.5/10. I think BruceTheBatman gave the best reaoning, no need to repeat too much.
Thanks for the compliment.

TBH I think Geo would win 8-9/10, though not without difficulty

IMO this is reasonably fair but it'd be much closer if this was Thanos, but that's just me.

BruceTheBatman said:
PostmodernD said:
Thanks for the compliment.
TBH I think Geo would win 8-9/10.

IMO this is reasonably fair but it'd be much closer if this was Thanos, but that's just me.
Very True.

Geo wins, High Difficulty. at least 6-7/10

Surfer, more hax and experience. Absorbtion counters most of Geo's arsenal and EM Waves should fall under verse equalization.

Cropfist said:
Surfer, more hax and experience. Absorbtion counters most of Geo's arsenal and EM Waves should fall under verse equalization.
Geo still has a massive power advantage and resistance most of Surfer's hax (The big one being matter manipulation since Geo has no matter)

The experience advantage is moot TBH. 99.9% of his opponents were vastly inferior to him and Geo has much better feats of fighting skill since he doesn't lose to people far below him 7 days a week..

Surfer doesn't use energy absorption much in combat to my knowledge.

Never said it didn't, but Surfer isn't regening from that.

Geo for the many reasons, especially the previously stated immunities and the experience of battle with individuals stronger than himself being a constant. He's managed to enter battles with extremely skilled opponents without prior knowledge and either hold his own or take them down. Surfer would most likely refrain from many moves and would be focused on some quick takedowns or the major moves often displayed rather than things even he is almost NEVER shown to use―heck, if Geo has something high up there in potency or tactics, he doesn't shy from using them.

He doesn't have experience against stronger opponents except Rogue, Crimson Dragon and maybe a few more. However Sirius is presumably centuries old judging from dialogue so there's that

Back