• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mega Transformers IDW revision (Scaling and others)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emirp sumitpo

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
This is an updated and revised scaling chart of the chart I made before the forum move. It includes Characters with existing and potential profiles. Characters that aren't here but have existing profiles such as Predaking or Characters who aren't here and don't have profiles aren't added in here because those characters I feel don't really need or are deserving of profiles due to the sheer inconsistency of IDW and lack of feats or scaling. It'll all end up just clogging the chart, making things more difficult. I'm only adding characters who don't have much contradictory feats and are worthy of profiles.

It's in order going from Strongest all the way down to Weakest.

I'll also be discussing some other things, full blog of this is here.

Most Notable IDW Feats​

- Unicron absorbs a supermassive black hole and multiple stars and threatens the stability of the galaxy (4-B via this calc)

- Overlord can shave an inch off a planet (High 6-A)

- Mega-Toraxxis Refinery Explosion (High 6-A)

- Sixshot razes a world (High 6-A)

- Reapers also raze a world (High 6-A)

- Darkwind implies Thunderwing could destroy everything on nebulos, and that Thunderwing also devastated Cybertron single-handedly (Likely High 6-A)

- Megatron has civilization destroying capacities (Likely High 6-A)

- Galvatron survives a weapon designed to absolutely pulverise comets (6-C)

- Megatron can destroy a city while his rail gun is uncharged (At least 7-B, likely higher)

- Megatron, and some other characters survive a kinetic harpoon, a weapon stronger than a tactical nuclear weapon (At least 7-B, likely higher)

- Arcee violently yeets Galvatron to the ground (It's likely higher because of the big explosion, but for now, 8-A)

- Megatron survives re-entry while incredibly damaged (At least 8-A)

- Devastator knocks over a skyscraper (High 8-C)

- Megatron flexes on starscream and destroys a skyscraper (High 8-C)

- Astrotrain flies 640 light years (Massively FTL+)

- Cosmos travels 5 light-hours. Prowl orders him back at full speed near night-time and he's there within the same night. Shortly after the talk with Cosmos, Prime says he'll get to Bikini Atoll in 15 minutes, and Cosmos doesn't arrive that far after. (FTL+)

- Omega Supreme travels from Earth to Cybertron in Chaos Theory, passing planets on the journey (At least FTL)

- Astrotrain and cosmos fly at superluminal and Optimus and Soundwave catch up to them (Relativistic+ to possibly FTL)

- Arcee dodges a laser (Relativistic+)

- Metroplex flies off planet in his alt-mode (High-Hypersonic+)

- Thundercracker flies to space (High-Hypersonic+)

- Jetfire flies to space (High-Hypersonic+)

- Arcee re-enters atmosphere (High-Hypersonic)

- Cosmos intercepts a nuke in the mid-flight phase, which travel near mach 20. (Hypersonic+)

- Optimus is fast for a Truck (Subsonic+)

New AP​

Optimus Prime

Attack Potency:
Varies from At most City level (Survived a Kinetic Harpoon, which could harm Megatron, who could destroy a City) to Multi-Continent level (Survived the Toraxxis Mega Refinery Explosion), ignores conventional durability with the Matrix of Leadership | Varies from At least City level (Stronger than before) to At least Multi-Continent level (Could one-shot Bludgeon, who could contend with Optimus before. Stomped Nova Prime, who overpowered him prior) | Varies from At least City level to At least Multi-Continent level (Stronger than before)

Durability: Varies from At most City level to Multi-Continent level | Varies from At least City level+ to At least Multi-Continent level (Stronger than before) | Varies from At least City level+ to At least Multi-Continent level (Stronger than before)

Keys: Pre-Dark Cybertron | Post-Dark Cybertron | Optimus Maximus

Megatron

Attack Potency:
Varies from At most City level (Comparable to Optimus Prime) to Multi-Continent level (Superior to the likes of the reapers, who can raze entire worlds) | Varies from At least City level (Could destroy a City while his rail gun was uncharged) to At least Multi-Continent level (Stronger than before)

Durabilty: Varies from At most City level (Comparable to Optimus Prime) to Multi-Continent level (Comparable to Optimus Prime, who survived the Toraxxis Mega Refinery Explosion) | Varies from At least City level to At least Multi-Continent level (Stronger than before)

Keys: Base | Stealth Bomber

IDW scaling​

Low 2-C, Possibly 2-C:

Regenesis shockwave (Drew enormous amounts of energy from the Dead Universe since its creation, resulting in the dimension's lifeless state. Has complete control over space and time. Planned to revert all of history to a singularity where concepts, such as physics, time and space, would have never existed) (According to Nova Prime, Shockwave's plan would have combined all universes into one)

Low 2-C:

D-void (By virtue of being a universe)

4-B:

Unicron (Absorbed multiple stars and a supermassive black hole)

5-A:

Functionist primus (By virtue of sheer size)

At least 7-B+ to At least High 6-A:

Thunderwing (Far superior to Trypticon, Omega supreme, the phase sixers, Pre-Dark Cybertron Optimus and Decepticon Megatron, has been stated it'll take a planetary nuke to kill him)

Metroplex/ Trypticon (Superior to and casually defeated the likes of Pre-Dark Cybertron Optimus, sixshot, and monstructor)

At least 7-B to At least High 6-A:

Optimus maximus/ Enigma Devastator (Enigma devastator easily overpowered Galvatron, Optimus Maximus should be superior to Post-Dark Cybertron Optimus and is comparable to Enigma devastator)

Post-Dark Cybertron Optimus/Stealth Bomber Megatron (Stomped Nova prime after regaining his confidence. SB megs is far stronger than before, and has implied multiple times that he could easily kill Pre-Dark Cybertron Optimus, the Deceptigod could heavily injure SB Megatron. Optimus one-shot bludgeon, who could previously contend with him. Megatron is stronger with full armour)

At Least 7-B to High 6-A:

Nova prime (Overpowered Pre-Dark Cybertron Optimus)

Black shadow (Overpowered both Pre-Dark Cybertron Optimus and Ultra Magnus)

Omega supreme/ Monstructor (Omega Supreme easily overpowered Devastator, Monstructor is comparable if not superior to Omega Supreme)

Devastator (Devastator is comparable if not superior to Base Megatron)

Pre-Dark Cybertron Optimus/ Decepticon Megatron/ Sixshot (Tarn implied Megatron is far superior to him, Pre-Dark Cybertron optimus is comparable to Base Megatron. Pre-Dark Cybertron Optimus was able to harm Sixshot. Optimus defeated monstructor, although he striked him at his weak spot. Pre-Dark Cybertron Optimus survived getting crushed by Trypticon, albeit getting heavily injured. Optimus can ignore conventional durability via the matrix. Megatron is superior to some of the reapers, who are comparable if not superior to Sixshot)

Sixshot (Contended with Optimus Prime, survived getting smashed by Metroplex, albeit he got heavily injured)

Shockwave, Higher with rage (Held his own against the Dinobots in his base state. When in rage, He could overpowered all the dinobots. One-shot a very weakened titan, who should be comparable to Metroplex)

Galvatron/ Arcee (Galvatron held their own against Pre-Dark Cybertron Optimus, Arcee is comparable to Galvatron)

Grimlock (Superior to tarn. Grimlock fought against decepticon megatron, mangled Tarn's face)

Overlord (Messed around with Tarn)

Tarn (Could harm Grimlock)

Soundwave (Stalemated shockwave, although shockwave was holding back, could harm Galvatron)

Speed​

Flight speed should be changed to FTL+ for speed, combat and reactions. Basically, as stated earlier, Cosmos has an FTL+ feat, Cosmos could catch up to Astrotrain, and Optimus and Soundwave were able to catch up to him in a short amount of time, and the seekers are comparable to Astrotrain in speed while Overlord and presumably the other phase sixers and SB megs are comparable to the seekers. Galvatron was able to gun down cosmos while cosmos was chasing Astrotrain.

As shown above, Astrotrain was able to move at MFTL+ at top speed, however I'm unsure if this scales to anyone. At best, it might give these characters "Possibly MFTL+".

Unicron has FTL+ travel speed. I’m not sure how fast is traversing from star system to star system is, I'm using this base off the multiversal Unicron, who does the same thing.

Movement speed should be changed to Subsonic+ scaling from Optimus above.

All phase sixers, Soundwave, Optimus are getting FTL+ flight speed.

Arcee, Galvatron and SB megs are getting High-Hypersonic+ flight speed.

Additional Abilities​

- LordTracer has pointed out that IDW characters can get stronger with emotional amps. Such examples are Optimus, Megatron, Shockwave and Tailgate. They should be given Reactive Power level and Awakened Power.

- Optimus, Soundwave, Arcee and Galvatron should receive flight.

- Characters should have resistance to ice manipulation, acid manipulation and fire manipulation as they are resistant to extreme cold, lava and heat, as well as acid.

- Characters should have Low regeneration as they can heal small wounds in a shot amount of time.

- Power bestowal for the matrix

New Power of the verse​

Arguably the overall strongest Transformers verse (excluding the multiverse characters), the IDW versions of the characters possess City level to Multi-Continent levels of Attack Potency. Mid tiers such as Functionist Primus reach Large Planet level via sheer size, while others like Unicron reach Solar System level. Top tiers include the D-Void at Universe level+. Regenesis Shockwave stands alone as the God tier of the verse, with Universe level+ Attack Potency, possibly even Low multiverse level. Speed is pretty great for the verse, coming in at Subsonic+ movement speed, scaling from Optimus Prime, FTL+ flight, combat and reaction speed, scaling from Astrotrain, Cosmos and Galvatron. Numerous powers and abilities are collected between these Transformers, including Megatron's Antimatter Manipulation, Nova Prime's Death Manipulation, and wide variety of powers granted by Shockwave's Regenesis Ores. All in all, this verse is powerful.

Notes​

- Going by feats, Functionist Primus is not as impressive as Unicron. Unicron also literally destroyed cybertron so...

- Optimus prime's keys should be changed to Pre-Dark Cybertron and Post-Dark Cybertron.

- Autobot Megatron's key should be removed.

- It's likely that Optimus holds back against a lot of his enemies and has been stated to only go all out against the likes Megatron, Thunderwing and Nova (It wasn't until all hail Optimus that Optimus decides he should end Galvatron, as previously he has tried to reason with Galvatron). Megatron states that whenever Optimus hurts others, he hurts himself. This is very true as Megatron states he know Optimus better than anyone. Optimus is also a pacifist.

- I feel like some of the profile pics should be changed, as some look horrible. *cough, Devastator. New Profile pctures: Optimus Prime, Optimus Maximus, Decepticon Megatron, Autobot Megatron, Devastator

- I made a prototype profile for the Elder Gods

- The much stronger feats tend to come from writers such as Simon Furman, John Barber and James Roberts, while the much weaker feats seem to come from Shane Mcarthy, Mike Costa or the later phase 2 writers.

- This note should be plastered on all the IDW profiles.

Note: Due to the inconsistency of IDW, all characters have a varied rating on their profiles due to how several writers handle the powers of the Transformers differently. Majority of IDW's top feats are consistently in the Tier 7 to Tier 6 range, and so, they are listed as such.

I'll change the chart and other things accordingly when there will be changes.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
We're actually going for a Varies rating like Spongebob. Because the thing is, the powers of the Transformers seem to vary depends on the writer. A lot of the Tier 6 feats consistently come from writers like James Roberts or Simon Furman, while the Tier 7 feats come from writers like Mike Costa or Shane Mcarthy.

In general, the main cast is getting "At least City level to Multi-Continent level"

Basically, whenever Unicorn teleports, he absorbs a bunch of stars. The characters as the stars going out.

That is not really the same as destroying a realm full of stars, it is just absorbing alot of stars, so I feel like he may just be 4-B

If you encompass a Universe it is probably Low 2-C, but IIRC, the Matrix deleted the D-Void from existence, as in, hax, not by sheer AP

I'm not sure what you're referring to for the first one.

I'll apply the changes for the second

It ain't. According to Vector Prime, the dead universe is just a pocket universe to the IDW verse.

Many realities have their own "pocket universes", often with unusual properties, which do not warrant their own reality stream designations.

I don't get it tho? The dead universe isn't a space-time continuum, which is what Low 2-C is?

Is it ever said to not be a space-time continuum? Just being a pocket universe doesn’t mean it’s not a space-time continuum.

Wait, I read up on it, and it's stated that the dead universe would have become a universe had shockwave not started drawing energy from it. I guess Low 2-C could work then.

That was a maybe. I only placed due to them saying that infraspace was an idea only, but it seems a bit stretching now.

It doesn' t even look like space time manip. Optimus can't even control the Infraspace, he only transfered his conscious to that place as far as I know

I think Reactive Power Level works better for the majority of Cybertronians, but Shockwave should specifically have Rage Power. Although Awakened Power could also fit instead of Reactive Power Level.

I meant in terms of reaction and combat. Those 2 should be comparable to flight speed according to the speed page.

Flight-wise, they're all FTL+ scaling from cosmos

We know. We've moved on from that. They're now "At least City level to Multi-Continent level"

I still disagree with Optimus being superior to Overlord in terms of firepower.

The one who could actually destroy the city is stealth bomber Megatron, whose railgun was able to one-shot someone as durable as Hot Rod and immobilize multiple high-level Autobots with an indirect hit. Almost the entire Autobot battalion on Earth couldn't even scratch him on Earth (Optimus himself never staggered Megatron, only moved him), and both the surrounding Decepticons and Prime were heavily crippled by being near the Kinetic Harpoon. They shouldn't scale to the Kinetic Harpoon, let alone SB Megatron.

Claiming to be capable of destroying a city would only be City level, even if it's not at full strength. Baseline to + is a gap of 8.4.

While the Seekers are as fast as Astrotrain on a planet, I've heard that they're not designed to achieve interstellar travel in space.

Also, Megatron combined with multiple of his guns, just one of which could nearly kill Bumblebee, when he fought the Deceptigod. This should be noted, though that last blast was without the upgrades.

Last edited:
I'm saying in terms of physicals. The phase sixers definitely out class Megatron and Optimus in firepower via being covered in guns and carrying more guns

Would "At most City level" work for other characters that aren't SB megs?

The seekers should probably on have High Hypersonic+ speed. But it's not like it matter cause their profiles are gonna get deleted. I guess Astrotrain's MFTL+ doesn't scale to anyone.

I mentioned it in the scale chart, I forgot to add that in the AP area.

He said Overlord possesses enough firepower to shave an inch of a planet, so Optimus shouldn't scale directly to that scan (though he's not like 10x weaker), even if it's not hyperbole. Also, I don't think Tarn killing Overlord is really a feat given how he's with the entire DJD, Overlord was suicidal, and he did it with a chainsaw that can seemingly slice through a material Optimus could only dent.

Sure.

Soundwave was also capable of keeping up with Cosmos around Jupiter, which is consistent with him casually outracing Astrotrain before he went superluminal. However, I'm not sure if he was using his engines at full power.

Ok.

Last edited:
It's stated he has the destructive capacity to shave an inch off a planet, not firepower. And shouldn't Overlord internal firepower scale to his physicals?

Also SB megs should have High Hypersonic+ speed

Last edited:
They're the same thing. No, because he's a Six-Phaser tons of weaponry and firepower.

SB Megatron was faster than Starscream, so yes.

They're the same thing. No, because he's a Six-Phaser tons of weaponry and firepower.
So Overlord's fire power doesn't scale to his physicals. Where should I place Overlord?
A bit off but I heard Angry Birds transformers were in the IDW Transformers Comics should they scale to them as well
The angry birds transformers is not connected to the ones we're talking about. But I do plan to give them profiles eventually.

Also, again, does Astrotrain's MFTL+ scale to anyone's reaction or combat speed?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back