• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mega Swampert Vs Yagura Karatachi

AdNiBN002

He/Him
Mega Swampert Vs Yagura Karatachi
  • Starting Distance: 30m
  • Both in-character
  • Yagura starts in his base form and has access to all his Bijū abilities/forms
  • Swampert has access to their entire movepool
  • Speed is equalised
  • Fight takes place on Dagon's Beach

Swampert:
Yagura: 1 (@XXKINGXX69)
Inconclusive:

Swampert | Pokédex
Yagura Karatachi 4th Mizukage by bodskih on DeviantArt

Last edited:
If it's a question of behaviour....

RubySWAMPERT is very strong. It has enough power to easily drag a boulder weighing more than a ton. This POKéMON also has powerful vision that lets it see even in murky water.
SapphireSWAMPERT predicts storms by sensing subtle differences in the sounds of waves and tidal winds with its fins. If a storm is approaching, it piles up boulders to protect itself.
FireRed
LeafGreen
Its arms are rock-hard. With one swing, they can batter down its foe. It makes its nest on beautiful beaches.
EmeraldIf it senses the approach of a storm and a tidal wave, it protects its seaside nest by piling up boulders. It swims as fast as a jet ski.
YIt can swim while towing a large ship. It bashes down foes with a swing of its thick arms.

Of course, there may be other behaviour exhibited by wild Swampert in the anime &/or manga to consider. For checking that, I'd recommend looking into Bulbapedia's appearances section.

The only notable instance of a Wild Swampert I can find though is this: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/DP109
When a Swampert mistakes Ash & co. for intruders into its territory, it attacks them. Unfortunately, even after looking at the gallery ( https://www.filb.de/anime/dp/109 ) I'm not sure what moves were used by it. So maybe folks can find the episode & check?

But yeah, it seems like Swampert's normal in-character behaviour is using its vision, sensing sounds in waves & tidal winds with its fins to track the weather, protecting itself with boulders, & using its arms to attack.

But that's base Swampert. What about Mega Swa-
It seems like it has no Pokedex entries for its Mega Form, rather atypically.
Reading the Biology Section on Bulbapedia: "According to the anime, Mega Swampert fills the organs on its back with air before diving underwater or battling; it uses that pressure to increase the power of its punches."

There might be more info on it on the Pokemon OR/AS preview website, but that is a pain to find; I don't remember the url & it may need using the Internet Archive to find it, & even then, I'm unsure if it'll have Mega Swampert info.

But yeah. Mega Swampert's main difference from base in behaviour seems to be that "Mega Swampert fills the organs on its back with air before diving underwater or battling; it uses that pressure to increase the power of its punches."

Via scaling to 64 tons also Mega Swampert could do literally anything in its pool of moves
That's 4 times stronger but Swampert has better hax and would use them after using its water type moves. Some status effects from water pulse would be enough, same for stats amping

The gallery I viewed also showed it as using some kind of projectile?

Also, I have no idea what move that is. Mega Punch or something, maybe? But I'm unsure Swampert can learn that.
It'd be easier to identify the moves via the dialogue; Not uncommon for Pokemon Anime characters to state the moves, especially since.... Well, Pokemon don't usually call their attacks.
Water Mirror, no?
For what its worth, Ice Beam is not a move Swampert learns by level up, nor Egg Move. So Ice Beam being hit by Water Mirror probably isn't an outcome.

The only Ice Moves Swampert gets "naturally" (In this case, by Egg Move.) are Ice Ball & Avalanche, & neither of those can freeze the victim, AFAIK.
Plus, as I established, Swampert mostly goes for melee by using its arms to batter foes, so it's probably gonna go for physical options first; Using some kind of Water Manipulation might be likely early, but not first, & it's still probably gonna go for something physical.
Or it'll use Earth Manipulation or such.

IDK much about Yagara. What's his IC behaviour & such?

Back