• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Scarlet Witch vs Jean Grey
Speed is equalized and both are in-character, Multiverse of Madness Scarlet Witch and Host of the Phoenix Force Jean Grey (6-A+) are being used (Scarlet Witch upscales from 2.68 Petatons and Jean Grey scales to 3.8968 Petatons), the battle takes place in Kamar Taj and the starting distance is 100 meters.

Scarlet Witch: 1 (@AigerTheKing)

Jean Grey: 7 (@Valiant_Abyss, @LephyrTheRevanchist, @Arkansalter2, @FentyBeauty, @ThePrimalHunter, @Da3ggman, @RoTt35)

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
So, what stops Wanda from erasing Jean Grey out of existance?
Scarlet Witch never used Existence Erasure against anyone, only to destroy the Darkhold
And even without that, she could just absorb Jean's powers and win
Scarlet Witch was taking some time to absorb America Chavez's powers, in which Jean could easily attack, and if I remember correctly she needed to use Mount Wundagore's altar to do it

So, what stops Wanda from erasing Jean Grey out of existance?

And even without that, she could just absorb Jean's powers and win
The fact she doesn't start with either of those options

However, what's more interesting is what would happen in a mind battle, since Jean can beat Apocalypse who > Professor X (same as Wanda)

jean has higher LS with telekinesis so she could prolly overwhelm wanda with that

as for wanda ik she like mostly uses her hex bolts at the start of her fights and also that shes likely more willing to use her haxes if energy attacks dont work out or if shes taking ppl down one by one like what she did to black bolt n reed in the illuminati fight

tho idk how effective her abilities would be against jean

i think i’m leaning towards jean since she’d maybe just redirect wanda’s attacks if wanda blasted at her from afar and then she could restrain her with telekinesis (if she mostly uses that offensively)

I was talking about Wanda absorbing America Chavez's powers, against Agatha she recovered and absorbed her magic so it shouldn't work against Jean since her powers aren't magic based, plus that still took a few seconds while Jean's attacks are thought based with SoL speed
How frequently does Jean use this? You could argue that Wanda has thought based reality warping based on the "what mouth" scene so she could potentially be capable of having a thought based win con.

Also on the topic of their mind manipulation they both scale above some version of Prof X. Jean through scaling above apoc and Wanda through mental one shotting chuck while working from across the multiverse so they might be just around the same mind wise, with Jean maybe being a tad bit stronger. However, idk if I'm bullshitting here, but Wanda could potentially have conceptual scaling off of the mindstone considering she partly got her powers from being exposed to it and the fact that she's able to break its mind control as well as being capable of breaking the stone itself. But I suppose nothing on that is approved or on her profile.

Either way it looks like this'll be a quickdraw to see whether Wanda whips out her hax before Jean rips her apart with TK. More times than not I think Jean beats her to the punch though considering Wanda will usually start with blasts though. I'll vote marvel girl for now.

How frequently does Jean use this?
Considering that the only two times Jean fought without holding back was against Apocalypse and the D'Bari, I'd say she almost always uses TK, mind attacks, and deconstruction
You could argue that Wanda has thought based reality warping based on the "what mouth" scene so she could potentially be capable of having a thought based win con
Yeah, but also Wanda did that because the smartest man alive told her how Black Bolt's powers worked

I've had this discussion with my irl friend before and I'll say it again. Jean will prob tap that ass if Scarlet Witch holds back.
But if Scarlet uses EE, then well.. yeah. It's all about who would use their Haxes first. I'll vote Scarlet bc she would prob use EE once Scarlet realizes Jean's power.

I've had this discussion with my irl friend before and I'll say it again. Jean will prob tap that ass if Scarlet Witch holds back.
But if Scarlet uses EE, then well.. yeah. It's all about who would use their Haxes first. I'll vote Scarlet bc she would prob use EE once Scarlet realizes Jean's power.
Voting Wanda for the same reasons

That's not an option because it's out of character for Scarlet Witch since she has never used EE against anyone, only once and just to destroy all the Darkholds. And you say it as if Jean had no options to do the same with her far higher TK and deconstruction

well-

giphy.gif

To be noted, Wanda herself has deconstruction with her magic blasts. So it's a matter on who can one shot the other first. And Wanda's stuff from what I remember do usually take at least a gesture to conjure (besides the reality warp on Blackbolt, but that isn't in character for her to start with)

So I do vote Jean here through her thought-based abilities.

Back