• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Alright so in regards to the base Spidey weirdness, I think it’s entirely just a matter of different directors having differing interpretations. As mentioned, the Russos see Spidey as this almost Hulk level character as seen from both feats and statements. Jon Watts on the other hand seems to portray Spidey as the more street tier character that he usually is. Considering the more street tier portrayal comes from Spidey’s own movies and is also far more consistent, he should just stay as he is.

Iron Spider on the other hand should imo definitely scale to High 6-B after all the extra stuff brought up. Even outside of the actual feats and statements he has, it just doesn’t make narrative sense for Iron Spider to be massively weaker than War Machine or the Hulkbuster. Not only would the Doc Ock fight be the outlier in this case, but it’s also possibly involving an entirely different Iron Spider model not made by Tony.

You're gonna laugh

Not only would the Doc Ock fight be the outlier in this case, but it’s also possibly involving an entirely different Iron Spider model not made by Tony.
You can’t just call “outlier” on the shit that doesn’t support your point, and it’s completely headcanon to call it a different suit model.

You can’t just call “outlier” on the shit that doesn’t support your point, and it’s completely headcanon to call it a different suit model.
You actually can in this case and either way it’s head canon to assume the suit is any different then the mark 50 as we have WoG saying it scales to mark 50 and we have 0 in verse statements saying that it doesn’t scale

Last edited:
You actually can in this case and either way it’s head canon to assume the suit is any different then the mark 50 as we have WoG saying it scales to mark 50 and we have 0 in verse statements saying that it doesn’t scale
With that logic, why hasn't Iron Spider one-shotted the Raimiverse characters already if he were to be that strong as the Mark 50? And I know damn well the Raimiverse itself is not even that strong

With that logic, why hasn't Iron Spider one-shotted the Raimiverse characters already if he were to be that strong as the Mark 50? And I know damn well the Raimiverse itself is not even that strong
it’s head canon again anything you say will be considered head unless you have an official statement in verse saying it doesn’t scale so either raimi verse characters scale Tom via his cull feats and damaging nano which is the likely situation see page 167 where I listed all spidey high tier feats

Obviously raimi didn’t consider them that strong when making the old SpiderMan movies but if they get buffed to be that strong via feats from Tom then it’s like a ret con

it’s head canon again anything you say will be considered head unless you have an official statement in verse saying it doesn’t scale so either raimi verse characters scale Tom via his cull feats and damaging nano which is the likely situation see page 167 where I listed all spidey high tier feats

Obviously raimi didn’t consider them that strong when making old SpiderMan but if they get buffed to be that strong via feats from Tom then it’s like a ret con
Or, maybe, just maybe, High 6-*******-B for characters who are consistently tiers 9 to 8 is a ******' outlier!

Or maybe just maybe hear me out here head canon as it’s stated to scale and 0 statements saying it doesn’t try again
Except, statements should be backed up by visuals in order for them to work, as so far that has never been the case

I mean, when so much outside of the Doc Ock fight points to the Iron Spider being significantly above Spidey’s base level then I’m pretty sure we can. That’s what outlier means.

Also, the NWH Iron Spider suit being a different model isn’t just some baseless headcanon of mine as it’s something mentioned in official material. Now whether we should actually use said material is understandably up in the air (hence why I only said “possibly a different model”), but calling it a “headcanon” is just wrong especially when it’s something I’m not even 100% confident in right now. I only brought it up because I knew such a statement existed, and I wondered if it could give an extra reason to ignore the Doc Ock fight.

Except, statements should be backed up by visuals in order for them to work, as so far that has never been the case
Which they are shown on page 167 with the list I I complied there are a ton of feats and statements implying this scaling also said statements from my WoG are already accepted and put on others characters profiles like war machine meaning again everything you say is head canon I’ll keep reposting the same thing over and over until you aren’t confused anymore

Which they are shown on page 167 with the list I I complied there are a ton of feats and statements implying this scaling also said statements from my WoG are already accepted and put on others characters profiles like war machine meaning again everything you say is head canon I’ll keep reposting the same thing over and over until you aren’t confused anymore
Show me some of the evidence that you claim to be accepted then.

Spidey crew getting overpowered by Electro using an outdated arc reactor even
Irrelevant as this can always be a dbz cell situation where electro gets more juice out of it then tony did like when cell absorbed regular humans but gained incredible boosts of powers to fight z fighters which if spidey/his villains are accepted as that tier of power it would just mean electro hits that hard even with a different arc reactor and per writer intent the mark 50 isn’t to much for the spiders to handle

Show me some of the evidence that you claim to be accepted then.
What do you mean? the same guy that states the iron spider scales is accepted as a valid source to this site which is why some of his statements are on profiles like war machine which means to go against him is not only head canon but it breaks the narrative and ignores the mountain of evidence implying it scales

Irrelevant as this can be a dbz cell situation where electro gets more juice out of it then tony did like when cell absorbed regular humans but gained incredible boosts of powers which if spidey/his villains are that tier of power it would just me electro hits that hard even with a different arc reactor and per writer intent the mark 50 isn’t to much for the spiders to handle
The writers can also be contradicted by their own works, and you'd have to prove Electro gets more out of it, NOT from a powerscaling perspective, by the by. You need a statement from the film.

Also, whataboutism isn't an argument

The writers can also be contradicted by their own works, and you'd have to prove Electro gets more out of it, NOT from a powerscaling perspective, by the by. You need a statement from the film.
It’s shown by the other evidence of him being able to hurt people and scale to people who scale to the mark 50 also your logic can be reversed you have no in verse statements in the film saying iron spider doesn’t scale to mark 50 we have feats + statements + narrative + writer intent + valid WoG meaning it scales

The neat thing about batteries is that they merely hold energy that can then have a controlled output. Electro has an unknown output of energy. You can say he output as much as a mall cop's taser or a megaton bomb, but neither are a confirmed thing. All we know is he could harm the Spiders.

The Iron Spider can be repaired, which is good since it was damaged by a blast that knocked over Bucky. Isn't it awesome that all of the nanoparticles torn away by Ock were able to reconfigure themselves, whereas Tony was out of luck when Thanos destroyed portions of his suit. If only the creator of the Mk50 was around to tell Tony that you can just put the suit back together. It isn't as if one situation was damage and the other mere separation.

I do look forward to the Russos work with Spider-Man. Maybe they'll eliminate all doubt and have him fight Hulk or something. An older, stronger Spider-Man should be a force to be reckoned with.

You're gonna laugh

Hulk can harm the Chitari Leviathans who can survive attacks from the Guardians Of The Galaxy with no damage who scale to 350 Megatons

So pretty much Thor > Leviathans > Guardians Of The Galaxy = 350 Megatons
Yey?

I just learned of Agatha All Along & saw the trailer. Anyone willing to catch me up on thoughts for it here, please?
I'm curious about it personally. I love supernatural stuff and sorcerers, wizards & witches are some of my favorite character types so I'm looking foward for the series giving us more supernatural stuff, plus this will be different from Doctor Strange since it's more about classic witches than the sorcerers we've seen up until now. I'm also intrigued by the potentially more horrific or at least dark fairy tale-esque aspects of the series (it won't be all like that obviously but at least it might get dark).

I do find some of the characters to be a bit too annoying just by looking at the trailer and I hope it won't be an Eddy Murphy Haunted Mansion-like flick, like pseudo horrific in terms of atmosphere but really more funny than anything. I want some true horror-like stuff. And I REALLY hope Agatha will stay a villain by the end, or at the very least mostly, she can develop genuine attachment and so on but she must remain an egotistical power-hungry wicked witch. I don't want her to be redeemed like Loki, it worked with him because he was never really that bad or evil but Agatha? Nah, she must stay evil.

And of course, time to reignite the whole M in the MCU theory. I personally don't think he will appear but since we already know Hell and demons exist and the series will be about witches, dark powers, etc, it might be a good idea to actually introduce him there (the trailer does mention the new coven is up against something so this won't just be about Agatha regaining her powers, there will be a direct antagonist to confront).

Also, Audrey Plaza as a witch. I just dig it. I mean, I already do for Audrey Plaza herself but that's bonus.

Last edited:
Back