• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU MHS Speeds

Directors and writers don't care about power levels, they just want to make a movie so of course they're gonna have everyone fight everyone. We'd never have gotten the battle on Titan, the trinity vs Thanos etc if they stuck to realistic power levels as that would make for an unenjoyable movie. Which is why IMO everyone shouldn't be MHS.
You can literally say that about anything, but the point of our wiki is to index the powers of characters based on the feats and scaling presented to us by the writers on screen

It isn't used because it would be a massive outlier for Captain America taking his hit, although some say we should still use that part and disregard Cap as an outlier.
I'd be okay with casting out the KE part and only using the speed part. We already removed the KE feat from Cap.

The issue of course is that everyone is always visibly moving at roughly normal human speeds with no obvious sign of super speed, so when you try to extrapolate stuff like lightning and travel speeds to how they're actually moving on-screen, it's not gonna make sense. Maybe if they just fought together and not each other you could claim it's just for the audience, but with all the fights between heroes and other heroes/weak heroes vs strong villains, there's no way to legit say that some are that much faster than others.

You can literally say that about anything, but the point of our wiki is to index the powers of characters based on the feats and scaling presented to us by the writers on screen
But surely some logic and context should go into it as well instead of being so focused on just the feat, otherwise everyone including regular humans in MCU become MHS.

I would also like to remind even Hela's feat is nearly 3 times slower than lightning so it's not a surprise that characters get hit by lightning in close combat especially when they are taken off guard.
Actually...

Revan Laha did the calc with a ruler, and even with normal pixel-scaling and assuming that she only movers her lower arms in a 90 degree arc, that would be 1.68x swifter than lightning.

Still nowhere near close to Quicksilver but eh.

EDIT: ACTUALLY, NEVER MIND, I assumed that she smacked the lightning before it hit her arms, she smacks it right before it hits her face. It'd be slower than lightning. Ironically, still MHS+.

Last edited:
Any cap on the scaling chain is just random when we see them over and over again be treated with the same speed, sometimes even the strong ones being slower because comic book logic.

Quicksilver definitely upscales from the rest of the bunch, I don't think anyone disputes that, hence the "at least" on his page (he used to be MHS+ but the feat was recalced to be higher for him and Captain America and an outlier).

Hulk is kinda treated as a bit slower if anything cuz size and comic book logic, but not overwhelmingly either as he still keeps up with Thor.

Mjolnir Cap is clearly not equal to Mjolnir Thor from feats and scaling.

It's the same universe of course we're cross-scaling over all movies
Thor before awakening =/= Captain Thor? Odin specifically enchanted the hammer to possess his power though.

Mjolnir Cap shown on screen is pretty obviously equal to post-Ragnarok Thor, who is stronger than original Mjolnir Thor

Also I went to watch Cap vs Thanos, Thanos makes no effort to dodge Cap at all in both his lightning hits as he was either disoriented by a shield hit or literally on the ground.

The problem is the weakest characters in the MCU are no slower, maybe even faster, than the strongest characters. We can't just randomly cap off, it's not even depicted as outliers because it consistently treats everyone as about the same speed.

And since on VSBW we tend to use a character's highest feats when it isn't too much of an outlier we go with the high tiers.
This

I really wish Marvel had more attention to speed, with characters like Thor and Hela being able to blitz people like Hawkeye and Cap, but they never had anything like that besides Quicksilver

I still hope that a Superman Vs Zod stuff will happen, maybe in Thor 4

We already all know how the current scaling is I feel like before even discussing that we should just try and compile all of the calculated speed feats in the verse which will take some time but will at least give us a overarching look at everything and we can move forward from there.

I feel neutral on this matter. There's enough calced MHS feats that I'd struggle to dismiss them as inconsistent or outliers, but Subsonic/Supersonic feats seem far more plentiful, and many characters have certainly treated guns and explosions that should not be anywhere near MHS as a threat. It definitely complicates matters that pretty much everyone of relevance scales as being comparable to each other, unless they're someone like Quicksilver who is specifically portrayed as being far faster than everyone else. Gathering all the speed feats probably is the best course of action in this case

Didn't many characters react to Mjölnir in the first avengers and in age of ultron??? As well as reacting to thors lightning???
Maybe Thor was holding back on Mjolnir's speed in those cases? Also I don't exactly remember a lot of characters that ended up being in front of Thor's lightning.

Let's get this out of the way Thor's hammer throw is MHS+ in particular along with his lightning and flight so anyone reacting to any of those should be justified in some way

Getting into that logic why would Thor hold back against Thanos when he throws his hammer

I'm getting together some of the feats but I want to briefly say this, speaking on Iron Man I believe the whole thing is that he can consistently fight and react to things while he's flying at high speeds so it scales

also actually as well should I gather the speed feats of things no one scales too such as the infinity stones? There's also some Calc request that were never answered so we should see if anyone can calc certain feats.

KLOL and Spinosaurus is there anywhere to quickly pull MCU calc's the two of you have done so I can have them as well

also there was a request for this months ago that was never done but no one's calc'd Vision's lasers here

we do see that his lasers reach the end of the hex almost instantly and I wanted to see if that was able to get a calc

There are also some inconsistencies in the VS battles pages involving Strange and The Ancient one, only the ancient one has any scaling involving this scene ( which if possible needs a proper calc) it is clearly above MHS+ and is just completely ignored on Strange's profile

It could be magical time slow though
I mean yeah but it should still apply to strange since he still was able to move under dilated time in his astral from only but that's unless it's been established that the ancient one dilated time for the both of them. If that's the case then apologies I never knew that was a thing that was clarified that she specifically slowed time there.

KLOL and Spinosaurus is there anywhere to quickly pull MCU calc's the two of you have done so I can have them as well

also there was a request for this months ago that was never done but no one's calc'd Vision's lasers here

we do see that his lasers reach the end of the hex almost instantly and I wanted to see if that was able to get a calc

I actually haven't done any MCU speed calcs yet, so far I've only done the Iron Man Crater calc, of which DMUA accepted the high-end.

My apologies 😭😭 I swear I thought I saw you around in some calc's I must've been mistaken
I did evaluate a bunch of MCU calcs here (Since I am just lazily avoiding CGM obligations under the term "honorary") and there but that's about it.

Back