• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Iron Man intelligence section addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3X_2.0

VS Battles
Retired
Currently, his intelligence section is small compared to the ridiculous amount of feats he has in more than 20 MCU movies and it doesn't justify his Extraordinary Genius rating.

Extraordinary Genius (Created all of the Iron Man suits, as well as numerous other technology. Was able to stabilize time-travel)

This thread aims to collect feats and write a draft for his intelligence, I have a draft write here but I don't remember all the relevant feats. As for now:
  • Created the first armor inside a cave with metal scrap.
  • Created nanotech.
  • Created a new element.
  • Developed the new infinity gauntlet.
  • Created 35 armors that should be above the one used in Infinity War in the time span of 5 years.

A question, since he was the one that made actually possible the time travel wouldn't he be able to get Supergenius? I mean that along the new infinity gauntlet lead to the change of the reality, which is the requisite for Supergenius.

Not sure how the gauntlet works in the movies verse, but wouldn't creating the gauntlet be a supergenius feat?

Also time travel stabilization could also be supergenius, depending on how it's done.

I was just thinking the same thing about his intelligence two days back. There’s a few other things he should have noted too:

-Hacked the Pentagon’s firewall in high school on a dare
-Cured Pepper Potts after she was infected by Extremis
-Before JARVIS could even tell him it was illegal, Tony hacked into several email accounts of suspected organized crime figures, as well as security cameras across New York while armoured
-Built a circuit board at age 4, an engine at 6, and graduated MIT summa cum laude at 17
-Built the War Machine suits used by James Rhodes as well as the Tech Suit and Iron Spider for Peter Parker
-Was able to stabilize time travel in a night after only learning of the Quantum Realm earlier
-Constructed numerous weapons such as a taser, tranquilizer, and grenades made with what he could gather from a hardware store
-Alongside Bruce Banner and Rocket Racoon, created the Iron Gauntlet, which is capable of utilizing the power of the Infinity Stones just as the Infinity Gauntlet can
-Earned Thanos’ respect in their one-on-one battle on Titan

Last edited:
I was writing something and:

Supergenius. Created an armor using scrap metal and leftover machinery inside a cave with extremely limited resources, which became the first of several other creations, something Hammer Industries was unable to do, even with a huge budget and many resources. Created several artificial intelligences that can control his technology and an entire network developed by Stark Industries. As one of his greatest achievements, he developed nanotechnology, which can be used to mold many different types of weapons and shapes, even serving as a gauntlet for the infinity stones. Together with Rocket and Banner, he created an infinity gauntlet made of nanotechnology that can withstand the energy of the infinity stones. Able to create a new element, which would later be used as an energy source for his armors. Created 35 armors superior to the one used in Infinity War in a time span of 5 years. Studied at MIT and graduated at the age of 17. Created a GPS to guide the Avengers during time travel in Endgame, hours after learning about time travel.

I don't think Tony qualifies for supergenius. Yes he created the gauntlet, but not in the way that he generated the reality warping properties. The reality warping comes from the reality stone. Tony didn't create that, he jused created a device to use it.

I don't think Tony qualifies for supergenius. Yes he created the gauntlet, but not in the way that he generated the reality warping properties. The reality warping comes from the reality stone. Tony didn't create that, he jused created a device to use it.
I mean, considering the stones are the most powerful thing in the Universe, and that something that can harness the stones is considered as a super powerful weapon, I think it would be enough for super genius

I mean, considering the stones are the most powerful thing in the Universe, and that something that can harness the stones is considered as a super powerful weapon, I think it would be enough for super genius
Except its not really something that's considered particularly extraordinary in-universe to be able to use the stones. Hydra's 1940s technology can utilize the tesseracts power.

Its essentially like tying a blade to a stick. Just gotta make sure the stick is strong enough to not break when you swing it.

Last edited:
It should be pointed out that that the stabilized time travel device that Stark built integrated Pym Particle technology, something he didn't had a specific time to study, experiment and use ever before, and only saw glimpses of what is capable of 7 years ago in a brief fight with Antman.

Meanwhile, Big Brain Hulk, with (A bit of) help from Scott, and the technology that was left, couldn't get the machine to work properly, after several tries, while Stark without that crap did once on a dare-

Supergenius: The highest level of non-omniscient intellect, possessed by those individuals with unfathomably superhuman intelligence and usually extensive mastery of most, or all, branches of science. Characters of such a scale tend to be super scientists capable of creating impossibly advanced physics-defying and reality-warping fantasy technology even with just household items, and outsmarting even other extremely intelligent individuals. Supergeniuses can often easily process calculations beyond modern humanity's combined capabilities on their own, and quickly come up with extremely complex plans.

Take note that for a Supergenius rating to be given based on technological prowess, the character in question should be able to essentially warp reality as they wish on an at least cosmic scale with their inventions, or even use them to overpower tier 1 entities for higher cases. Simply defying the laws of physics with futuristic technology is very common for Extraordinary Geniuses as well.
Simply being smarter than an Extraordinary Genius is not enough to be ranked as a Supergenius.

Creating the Nano Gauntlet is not a Supergenius feat, as all he is doing is creating a medium for the Infinity Stones to be used in. If he created his own set of identical Infinity Gauntlets by himself, then he would have ground to stand on. Coming up with a way to travel through time using a pre-existing extradimensional rift — the Quantum Zone — also does not count, because he is not really altering reality in any meaningful way. Again, the means to travel through time were already there, he just needed to figure out how to work it.

So again we know at the very least extraordinary genius and I don't think anyone disagrees there

I mean, Supergenius:
Supergenius: The highest level of non-omniscient intellect, possessed by those individuals with unfathomably superhuman intelligence and usually extensive mastery of most, or all, branches of science. Characters of such a scale tend to be super scientists capable of creating impossibly advanced physics-defying and reality-warping fantasy technology even with just household items, and outsmarting even other extremely intelligent individuals.
Which he meet:
1) Mastery of the branches of science.
2) It's a super scientist that build a functional 5 gigawatt (KLOL506 clarificated later that they were 3 gigawatt) battery the size of a baseball ball and a super armor with a bunch of scrap resources from unused weapons in a cave. And also let remember that other scientist with advanced technology, more time and several millons of founds were unable to do what he did in the cave, which should more or less fulfill the impossibly advanced technology with household items and the outsmarting even other extremely intelligent individuals.
3) Was able to stabilize time travel in a night after only learning of the Quantum Realm some hours earlier, despite that a genius like Brucewas unable to do so with much more time.
4) With said time travel he affected the multiverse, which lead to several other events in the verse.
5) The Nano Gauntlet was able to use and withstand the power of all the gems and affect reality in a universal scale, different to the technology of Hydra that just used the power of one single gem and didn't reached universal scale of range.

With all of this I belive he should be Supergenius.

Last edited:
I mean, Supergenius:

Which he meet:
2) It's a super scientist that build a functional 5 gigawatt battery the size of a baseball ball and a super armor with a bunch of scrap resources from unused weapons in a cave. And also let remember that other scientist with advanced technology, more time and several millons of founds were unable to do what he did in the cave, which should more or less fulfill the impossibly advanced technology with household items and the outsmarting even other extremely intelligent individuals.
3) Was able to stabilize time travel in a night after only learning of the Quantum Realm some hours earlier, despite that a genius like Brucewas unable to do so with much more time.
Also from the supergenius section, just a paragraph below:
Take note that for a Supergenius rating to be given based on technological prowess, the character in question should be able to essentially warp reality as they wish on an at least cosmic scale with their inventions, or even use them to overpower tier 1 entities for higher cases. Simply defying the laws of physics with futuristic technology is very common for Extraordinary Geniuses as well.

You also seemed to just completely skip over the part where it says reality-altering technology before the house hold items part. Reality altering inventions is a huge part of the supergenius category, which Tony is iffy on meeting.
4) With said time travel he affected the multiverse, which lead to several other events in the verse.
Chain reaction from just basic timeline rules set by the verse. Not an intellect feat by any means.
5) The Nano Gauntlet was able to use and withstand the power of all the gems and affect reality in a universal scale, different to the technology of Hydra that just used the power of one single gem and didn't reached universal scale of range.
Except the range isn't necessarily coming from the gauntlet itself, moreso just the stones.

You also seemed to just completely skip over the part where it says reality-altering technology before the house hold items part. Reality altering inventions is a huge part of the supergenius category, which Tony is iffy on meeting.
True, sorry for that, though he fulfill so with the time travel that affected the multiverse and the Nano Gauntlet that altered the entire universe.

Of all branches of sciences, not a couple like engineering and physics like he knows.

The 5 gigawatt reactor is impressive from a real standpoint, but if you look at fiction there are people who use a civilization's worth of energy for their car battery, is not a big deal.
I mean, Supergenius:

Which he meet:
2) It's a super scientist that build a functional 5 gigawatt battery the size of a baseball ball and a super armor with a bunch of scrap resources from unused weapons in a cave. And also let remember that other scientist with advanced technology, more time and several millons of founds were unable to do what he did in the cave, which should more or less fulfill the impossibly advanced technology with household items and the outsmarting even other extremely intelligent individuals.

With all of this I belive he should be Supergenius.

The guy managed to build a functional 5 gigawatt battery the size of a baseball ball with a bunch of scrap resources from unused weapons in a cave. That thing alone puts him vastly above any mind and most inventions we have nowadays.
3 gigawatts actually. but you get the picture.

Last edited:
Of all branches of sciences, not a couple like engineering and physics like he knows.
I mean, his inventions extend to more branches of science that just that, like for example medicine both physical and psychological.
Chain reaction from just basic timeline rules set by the verse. Not an intellect feat by any means.
When Antman or some other character with the Pym Particle traveled in time affected the multiverse? Because I don't remember so.
Except the range isn't necessarily coming from the gauntlet itself, moreso just the stones.
Maybe, the problem is that he still altered reality in a cosmic scale with one of his inventions.

This thread isn't supposed to be an upgrade thread to supergenius, lets get back on track.

Here's a quick draft:

Extraordinary Genius: (Created the first Iron Man armor from mere metal scraps in a cave, Possesses expertise in various fields of science, hacked the Pentagon firewall in high school for a dare, cured Pepper Potts of Extremis, created countless advanced armors and the Iron Legion, created multiple highly advanced AIs such as J.A.R.V.I.S. and F.R.I.D.A.Y., created Ultron by using the decrypted computer code within the Mind Stone, created a new element, developed nanotechnology, stabilized time travel in a night after just recently learning of the Quantum Realm when Bruce Banner was unable to, assisted in the creation of the Nano Gauntlet along with Bruce Banner and Rocket Racoon.)

Last edited:
This thread isn't supposed to be an upgrade thread to supergenius, lets get back on track.
It can be both, and if enough mods think his showings can justify supergenius then he can get it, if not then there is also no problem, but well, I'm also gonna stop with the discussion for the moment to not make this longer.

Edit: I said I'm not gonna make the talk more longer, so I'm gonna respond the next post that come just after I said this.

Last edited:
Not a single staff member is proposing Supergenius. OP has made their intent clear that this is not supposed to be an upgrade thread, and Confluctor only brought it up with a self admitted lack of understanding on how the gauntlet works.

Here's a quick draft:
I think the War Machine and Iron Spider part are kind of redundant as they are not really groundbreaking inventions and can be covered by "Made dozens of sophisticated suits of armors"

I also feel we should try to emphatize on to what he is capable combat wise, really.

It is for arguments like these that I have started to not really like the intelligence ratings. Would be better to just have an explanation of intellect rather than some bs estimated ranking.

But anyways, can we please stop giving everything supergenius. Tony hasn't done any crazy cosmic-scale reality-warping things through his intellect. Not even his comic counterpart qualifies for supergenius.

All he's made is a few highly-advanced gadgets and he messed around with time travel a little bit. He's a textbook extraordinary genius.

I think the War Machine and Iron Spider part are kind of redundant as they are not really groundbreaking inventions and can be covered by "Made dozens of sophisticated suits of armors"

I also feel we should try to emphatize on to what he is capable combat wise, really.
Removed War Machine and Iron Spider mentions. I also added mention to the fact that he created multiple highly advanced AIs including Jarvis, Friday, and Ultron.

But anyways, can we please stop giving everything supergenius. Tony hasn't done any crazy cosmic-scale reality-warping things through his intellect. Not even his comic counterpart qualifies for supergenius.
He honestly should have but Antvasima is too picky about comicbook intelligence ratings.

Literally asking for "He should be making time-travel machines out of sand" kinda of crap, not even Rick and Morty is that silly.

If Agents of Shield Was canon...Hawkeye kinda proves it isnt...if it was canon Then FitzSimmons have enough feats for Supergenius in the mcu, am not sure why Fitz at least doesnt have a profile here...can we please make it happen 🙏🙏🙏😭😭😭

Is not really a distinctive groundbreaking invention to have a mention on the profile, just stick up to what is really the most impressive instead of pointing every single minimal thing.

-Hacked the Pentagon’s firewall in high school on a dare
-Cured Pepper Potts after she was infected by Extremis
-Before JARVIS could even tell him it was illegal, Tony hacked into several email accounts of suspected organized crime figures, as well as security cameras across New York while armoured faster than
-Built a circuit board at age 4, an engine at 6, and graduated MIT summa cum laude at 17
-Built the War Machine suits used by James Rhodes as well as the Tech Suit and Iron Spider for Peter Parker
-Was able to stabilize time travel in a night after only learning of the Quantum Realm earlier
-Constructed numerous weapons such as a taser, tranquilizer, and grenades made with what he could gather from a hardware store
-Alongside Bruce Banner and Rocket Racoon, created the Iron Gauntlet, which is capable of utilizing the power of the Infinity Stones just as the Infinity Gauntlet can
-Earned Thanos’ respect in their one-on-one battle Titan
More relevant feats:
  • Created nanotechnology for his armour and Iron Spider
  • Created the first armor inside a cave with metal scrap
  • Created a new element that ended up powering up his future armors
Can someone write the intelligence section with the feats above? That's mine for reference:

Created an armor using scrap metal and leftover machinery inside a cave with extremely limited resources, which became the first of several other creations, something Hammer Industries was unable to do, even with a huge budget and many resources. Created several artificial intelligences that can control his technology and an entire network developed by Stark Industries. As one of his greatest achievements, he developed nanotechnology, which can be used to mold many different types of weapons and shapes, even serving as a gauntlet for the infinity stones. Together with Rocket and Banner, he created an infinity gauntlet made of nanotechnology that can withstand the energy of the infinity stones. Able to create a new element, which would later be used as an energy source for his armors. Created 35 armors superior to the one used in Infinity War in a time span of 5 years. Studied at MIT and graduated at the age of 17. Created a GPS to guide the Avengers during time travel in Endgame, hours after learning about time travel.

Let's not forget some additional intelligence feats that have come from No Way Home. Peter used a Stark Industries Fabricator, a machine capable of building different weapons, devices and technology, which Peter used to successfully create a new inhibitor chip for Doctor Octopus and a device capable of draining all the excess electricity from Electro's body without damaging his vitals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back