• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maxwell (Scribblenauts) vs. Monika (Doki Doki Literature Club!)

Well you see.... incorporeal Monika doesn't have a tier. It says if there are multiple versions in the same tier, we use the most recent version.

So we're stuck with corporeal Monika until her .chr file is deleted.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Well you see.... incorporeal Monika doesn't have a tier. It says if there are multiple versions in the same tier, we use the most recent version.
So we're stuck with corporeal Monika until her .chr file is deleted.
not really, incorporeal is listed in abilities, so we suppose she is incorporeal.

and how woul max see her 4 km away from him anyways?

" possibly Non-Corporeal (Could exist as a non-corporeal being after having her file completely erased. She could even destroy the game once and for all after this)"

Her file isn't erased.

Conversation over.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
" possibly Non-Corporeal (Could exist as a non-corporeal being after having her file completely erased. She could even destroy the game once and for all after this)"
Her file isn't erased.

Conversation over.
answer my other question then

Edwardtruong2006 said:
They both have the same range.
but max cant SEE that far, he can affect that area, but he was never shown to see that far. and unless you belive he will destroy the planet just to win (which goes against character) he can be delete by far away

welp, ill go with monika dou to being more likely to go for sure kill (delete) than max is liekely

she needs a few seconds while max needs to write it down, put it into reality and than make it work and him being nice and likely not going too far with abjectives (he would at most pu dead or immobile onto her)

Ricsi-viragosi said:
DMB 1 said:
What concepts can Mxwell manipulate?
death, life, emotions, matter and exictemce, he needs time to write them down tho

That's tricky. Thought Monika's plot manip cannot bypass game mechanics, only the story of the game and what actually happens. I don't know for now.

DMB 1 said:
That's tricky. Thought Monika's plot manip cannot bypass game mechanics, only the story of the game and what actually happens. I don't know for now.
it does though, it destroys reality, but it does

@Chartate

She technically doesn't manipulate gameplay, It's still a visual novel.

But she can edit the script and destroy reality of the game.

how did she manipulate the poems?

Fair enough, but thats very low-level gameplay manipulation

That isn't gameplay manipulation, thats just universal destruction

Chartate101 said:

seh forced you to write for her, with all the vhoosable words being monika (or the equivalent in other languges)

she forced you to reload a savye, after destroying the others and goes on to curropt the script, which controlls the game

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Chartate101 said:

seh forced you to write for her, with all the vhoosable words being monika (or the equivalent in other languges)
she forced you to reload a savye, after destroying the others and goes on to curropt the script, which controlls the game

Doesn't she also prevent you from loading, saving or creating other "worlds"?

Ricsi-viragosi said:
DMB 1 said:
Doesn't she also prevent you from loading, saving or creating other "worlds"?
yeah, but they never call them worlds, and she also keeps memories from other saves

They are technically Universes, which is also confirmed by one of the secret poems.

fair enough. So she has gameplay mainip. But I still gotta give it to Maxwell. Just change Monika to "passive" in his book. Plus, is Monika gonna start with Multiverse Wipe first thing? No. But Maxwell would definetly go for "passive" in character as it's a way to not kill her, just incapacitate her. If she gives him time to write in the book, she can't do anything, and I just don't see her going all-out up front.

Chartate101 said:
fair enough. So she has gameplay mainip. But I still gotta give it to Maxwell. Just change Monika to "passive" in his book. Plus, is Monika gonna start with Multiverse Wipe first thing? No. But Maxwell would definetly go for "passive" in character as it's a way to not kill her, just incapacitate her. If she gives him time to write in the book, she can't do anything, and I just don't see her going all-out up front.

Then it's a matter of "who goes first"

Chartate101 said:
fair enough. So she has gameplay mainip. But I still gotta give it to Maxwell. Just change Monika to "passive" in his book.
he needs to do write it down before she deletes, which she does mentaly, and thats assuming he does that, assuming that he can see an incorporeal

Plus, is Monika gonna start with Multiverse Wipe first thing? No.

actualy, she does start with deleteing, which is 2c

But Maxwell would definetly go for "passive" in character as it's a way to not kill her, just incapacitate her.

he never did that in character, he did many things, but most often than not, he makes things first

If she gives him time to write in the book, she can't do anything, and I just don't see her going all-out up front.

she does delete in character tho, she did that pretty much the moment the mc realized that it was her fault

I mean, she makes Sayori kill herself instead of just deleting her. Same with Yuri stabbing herself. So clearly she doesn't ALWAYS go delete in character, where as Maxwell doesn't really have an established character.

Chartate101 said:
I mean, she makes Sayori kill herself instead of just deleting her. Same with Yuri stabbing herself. So clearly she doesn't ALWAYS go delete in character, where as Maxwell doesn't really have an established chacter.
she did that because breaking the script by hacking destroyed reality, and she didnt want to do that, more than that, she wanted for them to survive, which is whyshe mindhaxed them so you wot like them, but it backfired

Chartate101 said:
I mean, she makes Sayori kill herself instead of just deleting her. Same with Yuri stabbing herself. So clearly she doesn't ALWAYS go delete in character, where as Maxwell doesn't really have an established character.

It's because she's trying to seduce the player. if she wanted to get to the oint already, she could just delete someone.

she COULD. no one's areguing that. It's just I don't see her doing that immediately. It, as it usually does with 2-C and above, comes down to who moves first.

Chartate101 said:
she COULD. no one's areguing that. It's just I don't see her doing that immediately. It, as it usually does with 2-C and above, comes down to who moves first.
and maxwell only ever used adjectives on allies in shorts , and nearly always starts off with creating objects, and he can only aply abjectives to things he selects, which he can either see or touch

monika is non corporeal

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Chartate101 said:
and maxwell only ever used adjectives on allies in shorts , and nearly always starts off with creating objects, and he can only aply abjectives to things he selects, which he can either see or touch
monika is non corporeal

Yes, if he killed Monika, he would believe that she's dead and he's done with the job, giving Monika the opportunity to delete him.

Chartate101 said:
he doesn't NEED to kill her, making her passive and unwilling to fight counts as a wi
but she can mind hax herself or reload her file, has more speed in acting, and i9s assured to do the sure kill shot, while max in character starts with creating objects

Back