• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Master Sword: The Decently Haxed Blade

Dust_Collector

They/Them
Yeah not much to say, just a CRT to update the Master Sword.

Here's my updated version of the holy knife, current profile for comparisons sake, it's mostly the P&A section that was revised but I made some alterations to other stuff, most notably the needed prerequisites to use it and a few extra notes. Down below is a quick run down of all the changes:

• Split it's P&A section into two tabs and added scans, references, and added/removed several powers. I changed Power Absorption to Life-Force Absorption as it's more accurate, added in it's ability to absorb the sacred flames and lightning, added limited time stop and changed time travel to also make it limited, removed the ability to fire destructive air slashes as I couldn't find anything like that, and removed it's resistance to Curse Manipulation and Darkness Manipulation as it's only negated curses and nothing about the twilight realm would affect Link anyway (Only the patches of darkness Zant makes affects Link, and the sword doesn't prevent that).
Absorption (Was able to absorb the sacred flames of the Golden Goddesses[1]), Energy Projection (The wielder can project blasts of pure energy if they charge energy in the sword first[2]), allows the wielder to command the spirit Fi who possesses Information Analysis, Telepathy, & Extrasensory Perception (Fi can analyze the opponent[3], send telepathic messages to others[4], and can detect the aura of other objects and people[5])

All previous abilities, plus Holy Manipulation (Imbued with light that's effective against demons[1] and was further blessed with holy power by Hylia[6], evil beings are unable to touch the sword[7], it's holy power is also enough to instantly destroy creatures created by Calamity Ganons malice[8]), Light Manipulation (It can project light[9]), Power Nullification & Purification (Can shatter magical barriers[10], and it could dispel the evil magic Zant had cast onto Link[9]), Soul Manipulation & Sealing (When the Hero of Time first drew the Master Sword his spirit was sealed within the Sacred Realm until he was old enough to wield it[7], which is confirmed to be the Master Swords doing[11], sealed away Demises residual consciousness[12]), Life-Force & Electricity Absorption (The Master Sword drains the life from those who attempt to wield it, only allowing itself to be used if the person trying to use it is powerful enough, it also ignores superficial enhancements and only tests the natural strength of the user[13], and it can absorb electricity[12]), slightly enhanced Energy Projection (Allows the wielder to shoot energy beams without the need for charging the energy first, but only if the user is in peak condition[14]), Petrification (Turned Ganon to stone[15]), Attack Reflection (It's been stated[14] and shown that it can deflect magical attacks[16]), Limited Time Stop & Time Travel (Was used by the Golden Goddesses as a lock to keep Ganon's army frozen in time[17], and can allow Link to travel back in time[18], however the Master Sword can only perform such abilities while placed within its pedestal), and Regeneration Negation (Up to a Low-Godly level, without the Triforce of Power Ganondorf was unable to regenerate after being stabbed through the chest by the Master Sword and died shortly after[19])

• Changed the materials and elements and the needed prerequisites for it's use. Couldn't find anything that calls the sacred flames representing the three primal forces of the Zelda universe (Or anything that suggests power, wisdom, and courage are the three primal forces in the first place) so I just changed it to the flames represeting the golden goddesses. Got rid of the part that says only Link and Zelda can actually wield the sword, with the exception of Skyward Sword the games just say only worthy heroes can use it not very specifically Link and Zelda, also removed needed to go through trials of courage wisdom and power since as BOTW shows us you mostly just need to be buff and pure of heart to use it, trial stuff is mostly in universe reasons for Link to even reach the sword in the first place. Added actual prerequisites that are shown like how you need to be old enough and strong enough to use it, otherwise it'll seal you or just kill you.
Material or Element: Goddess steel and three elemental flames representing the three golden goddesses

Needed Prerequisite for Use: The wielder must be 12 years old or older to wield it (The Hero of Time was sealed away for 7 years by the Master as his initial age of 9 years made him too young to wield it, however the 12 year old Hero of Winds had no such issue), they must also possess the strength needed to wield it otherwise the sword will drain their life energy until they die (A weakened Hero of the Wild could not pull the sword from the pedestal as it would have killed him, it was only after becoming more powerful that he was able to safely wield it)

• And finally I added two extra notes, one detailing why every Link that has used the Master Sword shouldn't just get the ability to use all it's powers, and another one that brings up a statement from Wind Waker that says the sword can weaken Ganons magic and how it's a mistranslation as the original japanese text only says it seals Ganons legion of demons.
Note 2: Simply wielding the sword does not automatically allow any Link to use all it's abilities. While some Links such as the ones in A Link to the Past and Breath of the Wild can make use of its ability to project energy, others such as the ones seen in Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess cannot, and the Link from Skyward Sword is the only incarnation of the hero to have made use of Fi and the swords ability to seal others. The only abilities all Links that have possessed the Master Sword can get without speculation are the swords passive attributes such as Holy Manipulation & Power Nullification.

Note 3: Ganondorf stating that the Master Sword acted as a seal on his power is a mistranslation, it only acted as a seal to keep his army of demons frozen in time

Also I removed the Master Sword image from the image tabber since it's literally just the True Master Sword.

Last edited:
Looking.

Edit: Agreed, add an epic gamer quote tho for just for the sake of it 🗿

It can also BFR people across space and time in hyrule warriors, has the power of the Sages, including sealing someone in the Sacred Realm, can regenerate its energy, and is time itself, can be empowered with courage (Empowerment), and can reflect Agahnim's magical blasts that can erase things, so resistance to existence erasure

Energy Manipulation and electricity absorption from this
For telepathy, there's Fi, but it also spoke to Zelda
Purification and non-physical interaction for removing the embodiment of malice that turned Link into Wolf Link here, and absorbing consciousness

Last edited:
I feel like holding time itself is more flowery language for how the Ocarina and the Master Sword can both manipulate time, so being able to control time is like metaphorically grabbing and holding it. Everything else looks gucci tho

I feel like holding time itself is more flowery language for how the Ocarina and the Master Sword can both manipulate time, so being able to control time is like metaphorically grabbing and holding it. Everything else looks gucci tho
That is supporting evidence of it being time itself

Looks good, though shouldn't the Master Sword have Lightning Absorption as shown in Link's fight with Demise (Check at 3:45)

And for the Goddess Sword, Fi has shown Telepathy (Check 7:56)
Yeah I should've mentioned lightning as one of the things it can absorb, I can also add Telepathy for the Goddess Sword

It can also BFR people across space and time in hyrule warriors, has the power of the Sages, including sealing someone in the Sacred Realm, can regenerate its energy, and is time itself, can be empowered with courage (Empowerment), and can reflect Agahnim's magical blasts that can erase things, so resistance to existence erasure

Energy Manipulation and electricity absorption from this
For telepathy, there's Fi, but it also spoke to Zelda
Purification and non-physical interaction for removing the embodiment of malice that turned Link into Wolf Link here, and absorbing consciousness
Hyrule Warriors is it's own canon, nothing from it applies to the main series. Having the power of the sages is basically non quantifiable for anything and I already listed the swords ability to seal others, regenerating it's energy I'm pretty sure is just a game mechanic so that you can't just use it all the time in Breath of the Wild, sheik is just referring to the time based powers that the Master Sword and Ocarina of Time have not that the sword is literally time itself, what the Heros Shade says about swords having no power without courage is just a cool hyperbolic line and isn't even specifically about the Master Sword so if taken seriously it'd be an ability for Link not the Master Sword, and Agahnims magical blasts have never erased anything and what you linked as proof was just a statement about him sealing away and banishing the maidens into the Dark World.

Removing Zants curse is just power nullification, and sealing away consciousness is just sealing, neither are purification and especially not non-physical interaction.

Yeah I should've mentioned lightning as one of the things it can absorb, I can also add Telepathy for the Goddess Sword

Hyrule Warriors is it's own canon, nothing from it applies to the main series. Having the power of the sages is basically non quantifiable for anything and I already listed the swords ability to seal others, regenerating it's energy I'm pretty sure is just a game mechanic so that you can't just use it all the time in Breath of the Wild, sheik is just referring to the time based powers that the Master Sword and Ocarina of Time have not that the sword is literally time itself, what the Heros Shade says about swords having no power without courage is just a cool hyperbolic line and isn't even specifically about the Master Sword so if taken seriously it'd be an ability for Link not the Master Sword, and Agahnims magical blasts have never erased anything and what you linked as proof was just a statement about him sealing away and banishing the maidens into the Dark World.

Removing Zants curse is just power nullification, and sealing away consciousness is just sealing, neither are purification and especially not non-physical interaction.
Where does it say Agahnim causing people to vanish is just sending people into the Dark World?

And how is removing the darkness inside of Link not purification? This same darkness can corrupt people

Since when has become a common (seen this things happening several times this week) thing to post just a sandbox for revisions without mentioning what's changed? What if in several months someone want to verify what was added and your sandbox is deleted - either by you or someone else as anyone can edit a sandbox if its not locked. We should have the changes presented here while the sandbox just to show how the future page will look like? Cause this was at least there would be a backing to the revision.

Because people can read it?
If someone posts the old version, posts the new version. They should be able to read them and see what's different? Not like Dust didn't say what was different anyway so you're kinda just being nitpicky.
People should be reading this shit anyway before agreeing, if anything this just forces them to without saying "I agree" without knowing what they're even agreeing to.

I did say that the sandbox its for showing how the profile will look...

I mean what's the basis if someone in the future want to view the thread and see what was revisioned? If the user deletes their sandbox then you'll have nothing to back you.

If its an entire new page sure just the sandbox is more than enough or if its an entire new key without modifying the previous/current ones but if its modifying something existent then there must be something to back it which is stability not something that anyone with an account on wiki can edit.

They probably just shouldn't delete them tbh.
I have sandboxes I used for Past CRT's (including minor ones for just changing a character portrait) and have actively went out of my way to keep the sandboxes untouched so if anyone went back to those CRT's or came across them, the sandboxes that was apart of it would stay intact.

I have 30 sandboxes, I still edit them or entirely delete them as they lose their use if their function has been finished. You may not edit them but anyone else can. Plus sanboxes are made with this intention to be edited by multiple people so it can help thus anyone can edit as unlike a blog which only the creator and admins can edit.

What's currently on the sandbox seems okay, I'm fine with those changes.

While I would more than likely just leave the sandbox alone after the revision goes through, I'll just copy paste the changes I made into the OP just in case the contents of the sandbox do go up in smoke or something.

Where does it say Agahnim causing people to vanish is just sending people into the Dark World?

And how is removing the darkness inside of Link not purification? This same darkness can corrupt people
Him making the maidens vanish into the Dark World is kinda the entire plot of the game, the intro even shows what him making people vanish means as right after that statement is made it shows him sending one of the Maidens into the Dark World. Even if we ignore that, why would just a vague statement about making them vanish justify giving him existence erasure and why would it randomly apply to his generic energy blasts? Honestly for the purification stuff I had only woken up like 15 minutes beforehand and wasn't thinking straight so yeah it removing the curse would be purification as well.

Honestly I keep forgetting that we have a power for being blessed, I can add that in.

Given that everyone here including several staff members agree with this, I'll go ahead and make the changes.

Back