• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Master sword AP change discussion

So for about a little over a year now I"ve theorized that hte master sword is not star level AP not even close, at least not in general. And I would like to start a simple discussion about it. NOTE this is not an actual case to get this changed I do not have any where near enough proof across the board it is simply a theory so take every thing with a grain of salt.

It is clear that this weapon is quite powerful as it is able to defeat gannondorf and demise but that doesn't mean it'll have that power on literally every thing it faces nor does it mean that its AP rating should equal that of hte hihgest blast each of htese foes have taken. the sword its self takes tons and tons of hits to kill either opponent here meaning that its likely the power that continaully weakens each until it is able to finally damage and properly kill. course that much is theory and not my point.

What I"m getting at is that the master sword is the sword of evils bane and my theory is that the master sword deals normal sword damage to every thing except the forces of darkness such as gannon or demise. only then does its "true power shine". meaning only against the powers of darkness will it truly show what its capable of (aka destorying gannon and deimse like always).

While against any one else this sword is just a well built normal sword, top quality sure but not much better than any thing else other than being (mostly) indestructable.

While before hand I wouldn't have much to go by breath of the wild has given me the proof I need to possible make this a reality. in breath of the wild the master sword has a base attack stat of 30 which can be easily out matched by many higher quality weapons. However when fighting gannon related things, enemies which resonate with his dark energy (guardians, and such) it doubles in strenth being almost the most powerful weapon in the game (some two handed weapons are still stronger but we could call this on game balancing)

Not only that but similart traits can also be seen between other zelda games where the master sword isn't any better than a normal sword until it comes to gannon. I have no specific examples to pull but I'm not making a true case here I'm starting a discussion. since I don't have any more specific points I'll leave this to the discussion soon to follow, with what I've said voice how you feel below because I'd like to hear more about this possible theory,

Back