• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massively FTL+ Makkari đź‘€

Ya know spidey and hela also fought in realtime and the spideys could dodge electro's lightning and keep pace with him in burst while thor could fight hela who in real time swatter lightning with her hand so good luck with that train of logic. Just try something else but definitely don't try that logic because it'll backfire with how many speed feats we have
Ok name more speed feats like that, I'll give more

Ok name more speed feats like that, I'll give more
nah I'm good I could being up anything about Iron man's armors, spidey dodging meteors, or Thor's hammer also having sub-rel feats(there's 3 for ya) but I'm not because it literally doesn't matter because any one of those feats happens on screen and doesn't come from some bunk statement that gives them a result thousands of times higher than anything they've ever done even when we see them pushing themselves in a emergency situation knowing the stakes of a literal world ending situation

nah I'm good I could being up anything about Iron man's armors, spidey dodging meteors, or Thor's hammer also having sub-rel feats(there's 3 for ya) but I'm not because it literally doesn't matter because any one of those feats happens on screen and doesn't come from some bunk statement that gives them a result thousands of times higher than anything they've ever done even when we see them pushing themselves in a emergency situation knowing the stakes of a literal world ending situation
Send scans for all of that to my DMs

Ok where is it said she's moving at maximum sub relativistic speed and it took 3 seconds in real time? With this logic, I can downgrade Thor to subsonic because we see him fight in real time in almost every scene. Same for the whole MCU
Okay yeah go ahead. Good luck doing that honestly if you even bother trying.

Send scans for all of that to my DMs
Go onto the MCU verse page and there’re going to be a few calcs you can look at

Because she doesn't show any aspects of aging and there's a statement calling her Immortal. So she has a statement and nothing to contradict it.

statement alone is enough
It's not, because even while going full speed she fails to showcase anything close close the lowest possible end for Captain Marvel.

It's either not useable or an outlier that wouldn't be noted anyways. Either way she's not MFTL+ without future evidence.

Guys in favor of the statement, look at it this way.

If Captain Marvel and Makkari have a footrace, then Makkari will be faster than her. Therefore "Makkarai is faster than Captain Marvel & is the fastest character".

But Captain Marvel can fly and Makkari can't. So it doesn't matter how fast Captain Marvel can actually fly; Makkarai will never be faster than her when it comes to flying.

It's just comparing apples and oranges. There is no reason to think that Makkarai's form of speed (running) is being compared universally to any other form of speed (flying through space).

But Captain Marvel can fly and Makkari can't. So it doesn't matter how fast Captain Marvel can actually fly; Makkarai will never be faster than her when it comes to flying.
Headcanon

Because she doesn't show any aspects of aging and there's a statement calling her Immortal. So she has a statement and nothing to contradict it.

It's not, because even while going full speed she fails to showcase anything close close the lowest possible end for Captain Marvel.

It's either not useable or an outlier that wouldn't be noted anyways. Either way she's not MFTL+ without future evidence.
I take it that you agree with removing all statements from all MCU profiles that don't have any feats to back it up?

Wait doesnt the statement very clearly say that Makkari is the fastest chick in the universe or am i tripping. What mental gymnastics are at play to tie that statement to being a footrace, and nothing more. Now im just confused…

Wait doesnt the statement very clearly say that Makkari is the fastest chick in the universe or am i tripping. What mental gymnastics are at play to tie that statement to being a footrace, and nothing more. Now im just confused…
I think people are disagreeing with it because makkari was supposedly moving at sub rel speeds in a scene where she supposedly was moving at full speed because of urgency or something idk

Honestly, logic behind it being tied to a footrace is mostly lost on me.

I take it that you agree with removing all statements from all MCU profiles that don't have any feats to back it up?
It’s not that statements without feats to back it up should be removed. It’s when those statements contradict the actual films themselves that they should be ignored

I think people are disagreeing with it because makkari was supposedly moving at sub rel speeds in a scene where she supposedly was moving at full speed because of urgency or something idk
What does this have to do with what i said? Im talking about the mental gymnastics of saying the feat is on about a footrace, nothing more, nothing less.

Character A is stated to have the strongest punch in existence
Character B has a punch, but his arm is incased in iron
Character A’s punch wouldnt scale to Character B’s punch because the statement should only apply to just a regular hands

Step down Simone Biles, this feat of gymnastics is better then anything you could ever produce. Nowhere is it ever implied that it is based in a footrace only. There are ways to disagree with the statement, this isnt one of them.

The statement in of itself is very straightforward don't know how one gets the interpretation of it being a foot race... that's weird

But apparently it's not consistent

@Jibz; More like;

Character A is stated to have the strongest punch in existence.
Character B has a energy blast.
Character A’s punch wouldnt scale to Character B’s energy blast because the statement shouldn't apply to something that isn't like Character A's punches.

I see where you're coming from, but anyway I don't agree with the statement being used for consistencfy reasons also, so I'm still against this CRT.

@Jibz; More like;

Character A is stated to have the strongest punch in existence.
Character B has a energy blast.
Character A’s punch wouldnt scale to Character B’s energy blast because the statement shouldn't apply to something that isn't like Character A's punches.

I see where you're coming from, but anyway I don't agree with the statement being used for consistencfy reasons also, so I'm still against this CRT.
If that was the case the statement would be “strongest attack in the universe” via a punch, which’d scale to the ap of someone’s energy blast. Your scenario leaves out the nuances. Overall i still agree with you that the statement isnt consistent and cant be used regardless.

That analogy isn't really all that similar to what's going on here tho. One is a punch and the other is an energy blast which are two different things

That analogy isn't really all that similar to what's going on here tho. One is a punch and the other is an energy blast which are two different things
I consider Captain Marvel's flight speed and Makkari's running speed to be two different things. I have no issues with Makkari being faster in some respects to Captain Marvel, but I require additional evidence for her to be comparable or faster to Captain Marvel's flight speed.

I consider Captain Marvel's flight speed and Makkari's running speed to be two different things. I have no issues with Makkari being faster in some respects to Captain Marvel, but I require additional evidence for her to be comparable or faster to Captain Marvel's flight speed.
Well that's your consideration vs what the actual statement is.

The statement doesn't go into what methods of which speeds is attained or stuff like that, it's just blatantly stating that she's the fastest in the universe, which would mean her speed is > Cap Marvel speed. Don't know why there needs to be additional info when the statement is pretty straightforward that she is faster. Infact it would probably take additional information to prove that the statement would be referring to a foot race rather than a general distance/time scenario

It's head canon that Makkari can't fly?

I'd have to go through them statement by statement on another thread. Not relevent to this one.
Its headcanon that she's not faster than her flight

Honestly, logic behind it being tied to a footrace is mostly lost on me.

It’s not that statements without feats to back it up should be removed. It’s when those statements contradict the actual films themselves that they should be ignored
The makakri statement isnt contradicted

Proof that the statement isn't contradicted. I provided my own argument and proof that the statement is contradicted, now you provide yours. If yours is more logically sound, we'll go with it. If not, we won't
The fact that there isn't evidence that its contradicted means its not. Show me where you proved that

The fact that there isn't evidence that its contradicted means its not. Show me where you proved that
Okay, I'm assuming you watched the movie, so you'd know the context of the sub rel scene. She's searching for the location of the emergence. You'd think that in this scene she'd be running at MFTL+ speeds, then why the hell is she moving at only sub rel, which is, as stated by others, thousands of times slower by comparison. She knows the urgency, she knows what's at stake, so why would she move that slow if she could move at MFTL+ speeds. If it's shown she's consistent with Captain Marvel's flight speed in another movie, fine, fair, the feat can be used, but as of right now, we have one major on screen feat for her speed and its no where near that level.

Back