• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Naraku downgrades and some minor upgrades (Inuyasha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Since I currently can't find the time and/or motivation to write a new CRT I thought it's time to do this one.
I had already written the CRT in question in the old forum, but was late to post it. So I put it in a blog post, which can be found here.

It's a fitting time anyways, seeing as Yashahime started a few weeks ago.

A lot to go over, but I agree with nearly everything. And I believe Existence Erasure comes from Kagome using the purified Shikon Jewel to erase Naraku from existence, but Naraku has never done that nor am I sure a corrupted Jewel can do that, so fine with getting rid of that.

I've been iffy about the BFR Immunity, Mid-Godly regeneration as opposed to Low Godly, Immortality type 9 as opposed to 8. I do recall a statement about Shikon Jewel transcending time, but that seemed vague. But I also heard there are plenty of AP calcs to go over from other users.

Anyway, I think that the linked blog seems to make sense.

And I believe Existence Erasure comes from Kagome using the purified Shikon Jewel to erase Naraku from existence
Ah, I guess that could be the case. Strictly speaking she only made the Shikon Jewel destroy itself. That didn't necessarily mean Existence Erasure, but could also have been letting the souls within pass on (possibly after purifying them). And as you said, the wish itself was something Naraku quite possibly couldn't do anyways.

If nobody else wants to weigh in I guess I could apply it, given DarkDragonMedeus' approval?

I went through the CRT.
Here are my comments.
  • Immunity to Soul Manipulation: Agreed with the blog
  • Shikon Jewel: The modern world Kagome isn't just a different time, but also a different space, is it not? The only supernatural things we see in her world, beside Inuyasha travelling there, is the Shikon Jewel inside Kagome and the ghost of a little girl. Any demons that appeared there came through the Bone-Eater's Well.
  • Immortality/Regen: Agreed to remove Types 5 & 9 and add Type 8. Also agreed to downgrade his regen to Low-Godly.
  • Illusions: Agreed for the most part. Though, for outside his body, I'd keep Minor Illusion Creation, since I believe he's used illusions before the final battle.
  • Mind Manip: Wouldn't the corrupted Shikon Jewel be able to corrupt other creatures too? Characters like Kagome can resist it, sure, but what about other humans or even full demons? It being able to only corrupt part-demon characters is oddly specific and limited.
  • Memory Manip: Agreed
  • Soul Manip: Agreed
  • Attack Reflection: Realistically, I'm sure it'd work on other elements like fire or water; I don't see how it wouldn't.
  • Erasure/Possession: Agreed to remove.
  • Sealing/Spatial Manip: Agreed. I assume the Spatial Manip comes from the idea Naraku can be active inside the Jewel and be brought back when wished upon it.
  • Time Travel: I think this should be limited to only if Naraku is inside the Jewel.
  • Acausality: Refer to my Shikon Jewel comment
  • Resistances
    • BFR: Agreed. He can prevent himself from getting sucked, but only by using his powers, not naturally.​
    • Mind Manip: Refer to the point above​
    • Time Stop: Agreed​
  • Anti-Resurrection Miasma: Agreed, also probably Anti-Regeneration, since I'm fairly certain Kagura has regeneration.
  • Large Size: Agreed
Others things
  • Thread Manip: Does he actually have that, because I don't remember it. The only thread user I remember was Yura.
  • Corpse Manip: Remove it. It adds nothing but empty space. He has Necromancy listed already.
  • Resurrection to others: The scans shown don't provide any evidence of him being able to do so.

• Shikon Jewel: The modern world Kagome isn't just a different time, but also a different space, is it not? The only supernatural things we see in her world, beside Inuyasha travelling there, is the Shikon Jewel inside Kagome and the ghost of a little girl. Any demons that appeared there came through the Bone-Eater's Well.
There was also the flute playing youkai thingy that was eating the ghost girl or something. I believe canonically they are simply the same universe. Youkai probably disappeared for one reason or another. We don't really know.

• Illusions: Agreed for the most part. Though, for outside his body, I'd keep Minor Illusion Creation, since I believe he's used illusions before the final battle.
I don't think he ever did. At least I don't remember him doing it and the me from the past didn't write anything down in that regard. He usually used his detachment if he needed illusions.

• Mind Manip: Wouldn't the corrupted Shikon Jewel be able to corrupt other creatures too? Characters like Kagome can resist it, sure, but what about other humans or even full demons? It being able to only corrupt part-demon characters is oddly specific and limited.
It is oddly specific and limited, which fits perfectly into the fact that he only ever used this against Inuyasha. The idea here is that Inuyasha just goes berserk if his demon blood awakens, as he can't control his instincts in that form. That is the case even if it awakens by other means than the Shikon Jewel (early in the series that happened when he was close to death). The idea is that the Shikon Jewel artificially puts him into that state.
The same can't work for humans as they have no demon blood to amplify/awaken. Meanwhile demons know how to control themself, as they are born that way to begin with. They are always in that state. So yeah, there is no reason it would work against anyone else.

• Attack Reflection: Realistically, I'm sure it'd work on other elements like fire or water; I don't see how it wouldn't.
He never really demonstrated anything of that sort. One could make a case for fire, but water is more difficult to direct.

• Time Travel: I think this should be limited to only if Naraku is inside the Jewel.
Kagome can time travel when she's outside the jewel, though. So, idk. It's basically useless anyways, given the need for the well.

Others things
  • Thread Manip: Does he actually have that, because I don't remember it. The only thread user I remember was Yura.
  • Corpse Manip: Remove it. It adds nothing but empty space. He has Necromancy listed already.
  • Resurrection to others: The scans shown don't provide any evidence of him being able to do so.
He has thread manipulation. See chapter 454.

Agreed on the corpse manip.

He can resurrect others as best demonstrated by the case of Kohaku.

There was also the flute playing youkai thingy that was eating the ghost girl or something. I believe canonically they are simply the same universe. Youkai probably disappeared for one reason or another. We don't really know.
I simply find it weird that, if they're indeed the same universe, there's not a trace of demons anywhere in the modern world.

It is oddly specific and limited, which fits perfectly into the fact that he only ever used this against Inuyasha. The idea here is that Inuyasha just goes berserk if his demon blood awakens, as he can't control his instincts in that form. That is the case even if it awakens by other means than the Shikon Jewel (early in the series that happened when he was close to death). The idea is that the Shikon Jewel artificially puts him into that state.
The same can't work for humans as they have no demon blood to amplify/awaken. Meanwhile demons know how to control themself, as they are born that way to begin with. They are always in that state. So yeah, there is no reason it would work against anyone else.
Were there cases of humans being corrupted by the Shikon Jewel?

He never really demonstrated anything of that sort. One could make a case for fire, but water is more difficult to direct.
I remember that Naraku's barrier was able to defend against Abi's flames.

He can resurrect others as best demonstrated by the case of Kohaku.
In that case, the scans on his page for the Resurrection need to be changed because they don't match.

Were there cases of humans being corrupted by the Shikon Jewel?
Don't think so.

I remember that Naraku's barrier was able to defend against Abi's flames.
His barrier definitely can do that. But the barrier and attack reflection are two very different things.

In that case, the scans on his page for the Resurrection need to be changed because they don't match.
I can probably find some that fit when I'm doing the edits.

Thank you. What has been accepted can probably be applied then.

One thing I’m not understanding is the whole thing with there being a void inside the Shikon Jewel. Is there even a void inside the jewel?
There's some featureless dark realm inside. Whether you wanna call it a void or not is up for interpretation.

Mischief managed.
Took a few hours of editing. Is there anything left to say to the edit? Otherwise, this can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back