• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Masadaverse Discussion thread 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arianrhod The Sept-Terrion Eternal said:
You right. Who? I don't know myself.
Huh... what the **** kind of nonsense are you talking about? Are you saying I'm this VNW person you're talking about? What even is the deal with you?

Or are you trying to imply that you can actually translate some non-transalatable chuuni?

Go back to translating some useless Masada avestan tweeter shit that no one gives a shit about instead of talking trash like a piece of shit.

Whoa there. What's with the offense? I did not imply such thing. Given his old videos, I have my doubts. I don't get what's your problem?

If I were to accuse you, I would have outright put your name in it. I cannot make false assumptions of "this person is this" without clear evidence.

SleepyTBubble said:
>The rest are quite poorly done, except the Pantheon Prolouge, while not the best, it is still easily understandable. No great grammar or word choice mistakes.
Are you talking about Visual Novel World vids?

Please tel me you're not

All of VNWs translations, while getting the main idea across, are quite choppy, and, as I read from some people, flat out incorrect.

I knew that there would be mistakes due to Masada's Chunni not translating well if you take it literally.

I can't say much about the accuracy of the translation, as I can't get all the Kanji when it's a video.

Watched them again, not as good as I remember. Way more mistakes than I remember from last time, guess I was too focused on what was happening to notice. Sorry for accidently spreading misinformation due to my own lapse in memory.

Multipe incorrect verb forms (sometimes using present when future is needed), overly literal translations, sometimes forgetting the Pronouns or articles in sentences effected by the Pronoun-drop. Other times just using a word that has a different function in English.

Sometimes just using phrases that don't sound as pleasent in english. Such as "continue to do" instead of "repeat" or something else along those lines during 5:46 in the fight against Keishiro, where it says "Dodge, dodge, hurt, continue to do", which is a very literal translation (except for one part) of

Þ║▒ÒüÖÔùï Þ║▒ÒüÖÔùï Þ║▒ÒüùþÂÜÒüæÒéïÔùï

Except for the "hurt" part. My dictionary uses ÕéÀ , Õ«│ , for hurt/harm. It could also use µëôÒüñ (hit) or Õêçµû¡ (cut).

I don't see any mention of hitting, just dodging. So, maybe not so literal.

Also, that escalated quickly. No need to get so angry Tony.

Datenshi means Fallen Angel in a generic sense, not Lucifer.

As for Tendou Hisouten, I have no clue about how to translate it without butchering it. For one, it is a reference to a certain Buddihist realm, which uses specific kanji, and even switches one for another of the same pronounciation for the sake of a wordplay. Daten Naraku=Hell of the Fallen/Fallen Hell.

Well, Jisho said

ÕáòÕñ®õ¢┐ (ÒüáÒüªÒéôÒüù) = fallen angel; Lucifer; demon; Satan.

Not saying you are wrong, my knowledge of Japanese is limited. So I mostly rely on Jisho. Thanks for the tip though.

If its the name for a Buddist Realm, than I think its best to use the Sanskrit name.

Svarga: Heaven of Regret. Would that be close?

Also to Arianrhod, I agree. He should admit it is machine translated. I saw a comment saying he has a Japanese friend. Who he sends the untranslated Japanese to. Than he fixes grammatical mistakes.

Two problems with this, if a person is fluent enough in English to translate into it. They should know proper English grammer. Negating the need for gramatical fixing.

Second, the grammer and word choice still is terrible, and doesen't read like anything checked by an English speaker.

I watch his videos, though take his translations with a grain of salt, and do not pay him respect.

Would "Honorable Soul of the Sword Òâ╗Futsunushi" or "Sword Spirit Òâ╗Futsunushi" be a good translation for þÁîµ┤Ñõ©╗þÑ×Òâ╗Õ©âÚâ¢Õ¥íÚ¡éÕëú?

Also, I must add, Soujiro Mibu has a typo, in his Kubitobashi no Kaze -- Kou no Daini Òâ╗Sabae section, it says

"Soujiro Mibu marvelous killing intent..."

It does not include the possessive clitic. I don't have the authority to change it, and it is really bothering me, and overal just looks quite unprofessional. So if any staff are here, please fix it.

Also in Shinatobe no Kaze it says "it releases precises slashes..."

Zouken said:
Would "Honorable Soul of the Sword Òâ╗Futsunushi" or "Sword Spirit Òâ╗Futsunushi" be a good translation for þÁîµ┤Ñõ©╗þÑ×Òâ╗Õ©âÚâ¢Õ¥íÚ¡éÕëú?
I don't know if we really want to translate that name. The taikyoku's name is just the name of a swords god (Futsunushi) and the name of the sword a god gave to the first emperor (Futsumitama no Tsurugi ('tsurugi' could also be read as 'ken') put together

Sorry. Got really triggered for some reason.

Anyway, as far as I remember, that guy took someone else pre-existing translation for the first video (I'm pretty sure it was from someone here, was it Arianrhod's video?) and then probably took the script for the rest and passed it on google transaltion so the first video was 'not bad' at all. Well, it seems to have holes because parts were rather bad but I passed it out as maybe he didn't have good grammar or something along the lines. I'm pretty sure I actually corrected him with one thing about Merc and corrected one or two other small details, back then I didn't know he was doing machine translation as it was actually okay.

But then the second video came and it was full on machine translation and so bad.

Zouken said:
Well, Jisho said ÕáòÕñ®õ¢┐ (ÒüáÒüªÒéôÒüù) = fallen angel; Lucifer; demon; Satan.
I think it's because when people say "the demon" they generally mean the devil but it doesn't mean you can't have "demons" in general (which are not THE devil character himself). The term can be used for both and that's why it gives both translations.

Now I don't think Judeo Christian culture is any large in Japan so I don't know how they would tackle the issue and if they actually do, it'd probably be what I said above anyway. Especially because you can't add "a letter" to imply pluralism like we can do in our latin based languages. They do have terms for that (like tachi) but I dont know if you apply it to everything and japanese use the context of the sentence more then we do.

We had this discussion before but it was a long time ago so I wanna bring it up again.

Masada said "in an interview?" that EEF Ren would beat each of the commanders in 1 on 1 match, but how is Ren beating Wolfgang tbh?

The both times they fought during the Rea route Ren was getting beaten badly and considering that Wolfgang's briah is basically a better version of Ren's, Ren can't catch up to him no matter how much he slow down time or amp his own speed. Heck, the narrative said that Ren could fight wolfgang for 1000 years and the result would still be the same.

>considering that Wolfgang's brai is basically a better version of Ren

I... w0t :v?

Also, IIRC Ren can stop time around him but since the three commanders where on his range his power was weakening and at some point he managed to stop them, that's when Wolffy got Plot haxed out of souls so Ren could kill him.

Auto-fix =__=

Correct if I am wrong but no matter how much Ren slow down time he could never reach true "time-stop" and thus it's pontless to try and catch up to Wolfgang unless you just stop time to stand still. It won't be different than Bey trying to drain Wolfgang eariler.

The Hadou Briah gets weaker the more souls are within it effet I am aware, but Ren failed to bring down Wolfgang even when fought the first time in Reinhard's castle.

The three commanders didn't havet their full souls stock backthen.

Tony di bugalu said:
>considering that Wolfgang's brai is basically a better version of Ren

I... w0t :v?

Also, IIRC Ren can stop time around him but since the three commanders where on his range his power was weakening and at some point he managed to stop them, that's when Wolffy got Plot haxed out of souls so Ren could kill him.
Didn't Ren use Atziluth to win that fight? I still don't fully understand how he win in the end tbh.

I remember a scene where it said that he can stop time around him, I'll have to check.

"but Ren failed to bring down Wolfgang even when fought the first time in Reinhard's castle."

Boyo, Rein castle is an amalgamation of souls, him using his briah inside there is the worst for him.

Now, I dunno if that had any effect on the battle as i just remember Ren using Finale and going berserker until he saw Rea and escaped from there with Wolffy and Issac hot on his tail (which is PIS considering Wolffy should have outspeed him at that moment).

Wasn't that because of how Ren defeated and killed her inside the castle earlier when there were swastikas missing?

Then in that moment the three commanders were at full power and Ren could barely face the three at the same time.

How does that add up with what you said earlier about Reinhard's castle being the worst place for Ren to use his EEF then? She's doing perfectly fine here.

This is confusing =__=

Because she gets power from there? His blessing, his souls, the einherjar are being empowered by him and his castle, they are part of him as his fangs.

Ren on the other hand is an outsider who is fighting against them, he obviously isn't getting the benefits from that.

But Samel is stronger when she's outside of the castle than she is when within.

This all goes back to you saying: "Boyo, Rein castle is an amalgamation of souls, him using his briah inside there is the worst for him."

Yet that did not benefit Samel or Machina in anyway and they were only able to counter Ren's hadou when they reached their peak after all swastikas were opened.

And again I want to ask, how did Ren win against the 3 in Rea route? I read the scene few times but I still don't understand exactly what happened

EFF stopped time but Eleonore, Machina and Wolfgang throght their ewigkeit/having more souls negated that. in dies irae ewigkeit can negate hax weaker beings. remember how Machina negated Rusalka's shadows.

When exactly? At full power she remains the same inside and outside of the castle.

It benefits them, without the blessing they wouldn't be einherjar and would run out of souls. They wouldn't be more different from Beatrice (in power). They get power and some sort of "infinite" souls supply.

They weren't able to counter Ren before that because there were swastikas missing, Eleanore mentions how the defeat she suffered earlier was due to this but now that they are at full power Ren can't outright stop them in place like he did with eleanore before.

Infera28 said:
EFF stopped time but Eleonore, Machina and Wolfgang throght their ewigkeit/having more souls negated that. in dies irae ewigkeit can negate hax weaker beings. remember how Machina negated Rusalka's shadows.
The quality counts too, Machina told her she needed at least 200k more souls to stagger him a bit yet he doesn't have that quantity of souls.

There's this on the Masada wiki

Òü¬Òü赡úþö░µ░ŵø░ÒüÅÒÇüÕ«îÕà¿þèµàïÒü«õ©ëÚ¿ÄÕú½Òü¿õ©ÇÕ»¥õ©ÇÒü¬ÒéëÒéÂÒâƒÒé¿Òâ½Òü½Òü»ÕïØÒüªÒéïÒééÒü«Òü«ÒÇüÒâ×Òé¡ÒâèÒü»Þô«Òü½Õ»¥ÒüùÒüªÒâûÒâ╝Òé╣ÒâêÒüîÒüïÒüïÒéïÒü«ÒüºµÇ¬ÒüùÒüäÒü¿Òü«ÒüôÒü¿ÒÇé*1ÒüØÒéîÒüºÒééÕëÁÚÇáÒüºÒü»µ£ÇÚ½ÿµá╝Òü½ÕàÑÒéïÒÇé
Òü¥ÒüƒÒÇüþÑ×þêÂÒéÆÕÇÆÒüøÒéïµò░Õ░æÒü¬ÒüäÕ¡ÿÕ£¿Òü¿ÒüùÒüªµîÖÒüÆÒéëÒéîÒüªÒüäÒéïÒÇé
ÞÇÉõ╣àÕèøÒééÚ½ÿÒüÅÒÇüÒéÂÒâƒÒé¿Òâ½Òü«þäªþå▒õ©ûþòîÒüºÞÁÀÒüìÒüƒµá©þêåþÖ║Òü½ÞÇÉÒüêÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒÇé

*1 ÒéÀÒâÑÒâ®ÒéñÒâÉÒâ╝Òü½Òü»Þ¿ÇÕÅèÒü¬ÒüùÒÇéÒüƒÒüáÒüùµ£¼þÀ¿ÒüºÞ┐░Òü╣ÒéëÒéîÒüªÒüäÒéïÒü¿ÒüèÒéèþø©µÇºÒüîþÁµ£øþÜäÒü½µé¬ÒüäÒü«ÒüºÕïØÒüñÒüôÒü¿Òü»Õø░ÚøúÒü¿µÇØÒéÅÒéîÒéï

https://w.atwiki.jp/god14/pages/70.html

It says he only wins against Samel.

I guess this goes well with Ren getting rekt against Wlofgang both times.

To Tony

Christianity is small in Japan due to Japanese Xenophobia, and a purge they had against everyone who refused to denounce it. Every head of the Shimabura Rebellion 1637 - 1638 (Õ│ÂÕăÒü«õ╣▒). Basically Matsukura Shimemasa raised taxes and vioently prohibited Christianity.

Thousands of Christian's were killed, along with the Portoguese Traders that protected them.

These policies were strengthened over time untill the mid 1800's. Becoming fully free after the Meiji Ishin (µÿĵ▓╗þ¡µû░).

Christianity only survived in small numbers due to the formation of the Kakure Kirishitans

Thanks Mizari, I knew about Futsunushi, but forgot about the name of the Sword. If it is a proper noun than its best to keep it Japanese.

ZERO7772 said:
It says he only wins against Samel.
I guess this goes well with Ren getting rekt against Wlofgang both times.
also he only defeated Machina by chance.

in kei route Machina broke his holy relic then Ren instantly got a new holy relic (outside help from Beatrice), speed blitzed Machina through Beatrice's speed and killed him (if i remember correct Machina wasn't focused on Ren too and was Distracted).

in marie route Ren became Atziluth (against non Atziluth Machina) and due to keeping his own history on 0 through Atziluth power resisted Machina's creation figment and killed him again.

in Rea Route he defeated Machina through outside help from Rusalka and Distracting Machina.

I was talking about EEF vs Machina.

Ren never defeated Machina in 1 on 1 match in any route throughout the VN. It always boils down to Machina kicking his ass then some BS happenes.

Heck, Ren win/lose ratio is pretty bad altogether. He loses more often than he wins and his victories are often due to outsides help.

@Tony

The Masada Tier revision hasnt even started

@ZERO

Theres a chance that Peak Hajun could become High 1-A after the revision but at High 1-A theres really no winning or losing for those in that tier, its just eternal incon.

Yeah honestly anything after Low 1-A is basically eternal incon u less its very obvious that one verses cosmology is larger but either way its all either a stomp or incon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back