• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Masadaverse Discussion thread 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
@IrrelevantTurtle Fair enough, I guess the way Masada do some things are not my cup of tea but something about the Charisma of his character really keep me in.

>I dare say Masada isn't so far behind when compared to Nasu's world-building.

Bold statement. I think Masada has a lot to learn from Nasu but I guess this can be subjective as well. The idea of using historical figures with adding some twist to them is really more promising than crazy Nazi guys.

I agree very much with the chants part.

You know after reviwing the post, scratch what I said before, @Warren has some solid points actually I just don't like how over the top some concept are over the top and it's kinda ruin the experience to me

Well to me as much nasu adds stuff to his world he deals much more with the surface with the concepts he uses while masada tries to go deeper on what he have it gives much more depth to the work and also a more charm of its own, let alone mixing so much things trying to create your own ideas while building everything

maybe Nasuverse has better world bulding but that doen't mean Masada isn't capable of creating a better world then Nasuverse. let's say why

Nasuverse had multiple Visual Novels, multiple PSP Games, FGO, Multiple animes, mangas and etc and they are about creating more animes and mangas too + their current ongoing series such as Strange Fake, FGO and etc

they had pleeeenty more time for making Nasuverse bigger when Masadaverse had only 4 visual novels (Dies Irae AA, Dies Irae IWKB, Paradise Lost and KKK) + one shitty anime and then light got dissolved. how tf Masada was supposed to creating a better and bigger world? that's like saying Berserk is supposed to having comparable world bulding with DC or Marvel comics.

and not to mention Light was a freaking shitty studio and not only never tried to translating anything (it got freaking years till they translated 2 novels of franchise) or even Advertising Masadaverse but they created worst anime in existence for Masadaverse too and that shitty anime pretty much harmed Masadaverse and created a globally bad perspective about it.

at same time most of Nasuverse materials got translated, they created plenty animes and mangas (anime and manga is pretty good for Advertising and is far more globally known, famous and popular than a visual novel too) by one of the best studios in existence called ufotable. now you can see why Nasuverse is more popular or bigger? not to mention idea for using Historical Figures was a more popular idea in general too (which i dislike cuz i never cared about history or historical figures that much)

and we can stop talking about that crazy nazis thing please? that's subjective as hell and pretty annoying for me. Willhelm was one of the best and most different characters for me. someone crazy as hell, who had his sister as his mother and raped and killed her, then slaughtered his own father, turned a serail killer, then a nazi and not even Claudia's love and sacrificing affected him + his excellent voice actor and fights were pretty ineterest to me. also Willhelm vs Shirou in Marie Route was easily best fight in "my life" and i'm someone who got used to watching over 200 animes, played coutnless games, read multiple mangas, watched countless movies yet Willhelm vs Shirou was best for me and yeah i perfer Masadaverse crazy nazis idea over Nasuverse historical figures (i have watched FSN, UBW and i have multiple fate experts as my friends too so i'm not dumb when it comes to Fate too). so please give a end to this nonsensical annoying comparison between Masadaverse and Nasuverse.

and you told us Masadaverse' romance is dogshit? i don't give a shit about Romance so i don't care. i always hated Romance and every Romance anime such as SOA in general. interesting and overpowered fights and characters for me >>>>>>>>>>>> Romance. i was a Dragon Ball fan after all and Dragon Ball is globally known for overpowered shit too. so you can see now those arguments are pure subjective and nothing more than annoying. although frankly i don't think Masadaverse's romance is that bad.

Infera28 said:
maybe Nasuverse has better world bulding but that doen't mean Masada isn't capable of creating a better world then Nasuverse. let's say why
Nasuverse had multiple Visual Novels, multiple PSP Games, FGO, Multiple animes, mangas and etc and they are about creating more animes and mangas too + their current ongoing series such as Strange Fake, FGO and etc

they had pleeeenty more time for making Nasuverse bigger when Masadaverse had only 4 visual novels (Dies Irae AA, Dies Irae IWKB, Paradise Lost and KKK) + one shitty anime and then light got dissolved. how tf Masada was supposed to creating a better and bigger world? that's like saying Berserk is supposed to having comparable world bulding with DC or Marvel comics.

and not to mention Light was a freaking shitty studio and not only never tried to translating anything (it got freaking years till they translated 2 novels of franchise) or even Advertising Masadaverse but they created worst anime in existence for Masadaverse too and that shitty anime pretty much harmed Masadaverse and created a globally bad perspective about it.

at same time most of Nasuverse materials got translated, they created plenty animes and mangas (anime and manga is pretty good for Advertising and is far more globally known, famous and popular than a visual novel too) by one of the best studios in existence called ufotable. now you can see why Nasuverse is more popular or bigger? not to mention idea for using Historical Figures was a more popular idea in general too (which i dislike cuz i never cared about history or historical figures that much)

and we can stop talking about that crazy nazis thing please? that's subjective as hell and pretty annoying for me. Willhelm was one of the best and most different characters for me. someone crazy as hell, who had his sister as his mother and raped and killed her, then slaughtered his own father, turned a serail killer, then a nazi and not even Claudia's love and sacrificing affected him + his excellent voice actor and fights were pretty ineterest to me. also Willhelm vs Shirou in Marie Route was easily best fight in "my life" and i'm someone who got used to watching over 200 animes, played coutnless games, read multiple mangas, watched countless movies yet Willhelm vs Shirou was best for me and yeah i perfer Masadaverse crazy nazis idea over Nasuverse historical figures (i have watched FSN, UBW and i have multiple fate experts as my friends too so i'm not dumb when it comes to Fate too). so please give a end to this nonsensical annoying comparison between Masadaverse and Nasuverse.

and you told us Masadaverse' romance is dogshit? i don't give a shit about Romance so i don't care. i always hated Romance and every Romance anime such as SOA in general. interesting and overpowered fights and characters for me >>>>>>>>>>>> Romance. i was a Dragon Ball fan after all and Dragon Ball is globally known for overpowered shit too. so you can see now those arguments are pure subjective and nothing more than annoying. although frankly i don't think Masadaverse's romance is that bad.
Official VNs translated by light and co:

Dies Irae

Dies Irae Interview with Kazuklu Bey

Official VNs translated by Type Moon:

No one.

When it comes to the Nasuverse, I honestly feel like while it has better world-building, it doesn't actually use any of it. Instead the narrative just makes up new stuff as it goes along, breaks rules or retcon old stuff left, right and center. It has no consistency whatsoever. And at times, it honestly comes across as just wanting to be convoluted for convolutedness sake. While the Masadaverse is not blameless in that regard, it's nowhere near as bad.

PairusDragonoid said:
And Masada did not retcon, change, forgot some concepts, char, etc?
No author is perfect and retcons arent always that bad but it doesnt help like nasu does and i actually dont remember masada forgetting concepts he introduced if he did it would mess the whole thing knowing how most are connected to something else

masada has fell off when designing characters, the character looks like goblin slayer but worse and im being honest how it went downhill for the design.

... bruh we've seen a teaser not even the full thing yet.

Saying Masada fell off based sinply off this is massively jumping the gun.

Also he looks better then the normal Goblin Slayer imo.

It's common look in fantasy but yes, Masada probably just told G to go create a badass evil slayer and the guy took it as a damn Goblin Slayer reference.

dude i think merc is stating the currently world's arcane no longer had flying castles so it wasnt wrong its just in the 1940s no such things existed

Also i like the designs and goblin slayer wannabe looks like he'll kill even flower if it got in its way

TISSG7Redgrave said:
dude i think merc is stating the currently world's arcane no longer had flying castles so it wasnt wrong its just in the 1940s no such things existed
Also i like the designs and goblin slayer wannabe looks like he'll kill even flower if it got in its way
It's Methuselah who's talking to Merc.

And it wasn't right. The argument was that Bey was right when he said that ancient magicians were crap compared to those of today (=Russalka) which is far from the truth. This scan actually proves the opposite from someone who has actually seen both the ancient times and the "nowadays" of interview/dies irae.

Maxnumb231 said:
the girl looks like saber but with longer hair which is damnnn son
No clue where you see saber on quinn tbh and her hair is much smaller than saber, saber has long hair she just has it tied

Quinn doesn't look similar to Arthuria at all

about Muzan, he isn't that much similar to Goblin Slayer either. also acting like most of medieval knights already aren't similar to each other and goblin slayer...

btw one question

i heard Pantheon had evolved forms of Hadou Gods that was true? like new powerful transformations for them.

Infera28 said:
Quinn doesn't look similar to Arthuria at all
about Muzan, he isn't that much similar to Goblin Slayer either. also acting like most of medieval knights already aren't similar to each other and goblin slayer...

btw one question

i heard Pantheon had evolved forms of Hadou Gods that was true? like new powerful transformations for them.
Never head of this one all i heard was of the 5 beings that seemed naraka was getting the hadou gods to team together to fight because a single one could take on all of them together or something like that

As if the ******* Goblin Slayer had a good design even under the context or premise of his world ..., a thousand times better "Muzan" armore.

Warren Valion said:
You guys do know that Goblin Slayer is just a dude in some Western Knightly Armor, right?
It's just armor - it isn't indicitve of poor character design at all. And frankly, I think they look badass.
Same, actually people can only remind of goblin slayer because of the helmet remove it and you wont think of goblin slayer at first but rather a medieval knight

I don't think there's evolved hadou forms in pantheon? There's aions.

Aions are like sensories but are created from Kouha's observation and understanding of the hadou gods. Problem? She can't understand their whole existence (their concept, their being... you get the idea right? Like we can't grasp God or whatever). So she can't reproduce them in their full glory. So, not only are they not more powerful than normally, but they are even less powerful than they truly are. The aions I mean.

However, Ren noted that if a weak character was believed to be more powerful than they truly are, then their aions will reflect that belief in power. For example, if she believes that a 10-B character is 3-A, then their aion will be 3-A (as long as it is within Kouha's power/capability).

i think there was chance in existing evolved forms for Gods. as this was a gacha game after all and gacha games such as Dokkan Battle or Bleach Brave Souls have countless different forms/cards for each character.

but sadly light (one of the worst studios i ever seen) got dissolved.

Imo gacha or mobile game doesn't suit Masadaverse opness because Masadaverse relies on narration instead of animation. It won't capture its awesomeness like Visual Novel does.

i agree. dunno how Masada was about creating a gacha game. with knowing him he pretty much relies on narration. even creating a good anime or manga based on Masadaverse stories is pretty hard let alone a gacha game.

his writing style is suited for visual novels, light novels and books rather than games, animes and mangas.

i think creating KKK with "ancient language" and "vertical text" was a mistake on Masada part? as something like that is impossible for translating and as result = / = no global buyers/fans.

Infera28 said:
i think creating KKK with "ancient language" and "vertical text" was a mistake on Masada part? as something like that is impossible for translating and as result = / = no global buyers/fans.
Don't think masada have his first priority getting global buyers,imo as much as i wanted KKK translated i do think the language and vertical text makes it more unique and kinda of fit the game

Well, that is one of the quality his stories are noice, even with all the op frickeries that usually will bring down the franchise itself instead.

Makkurona said:
Well, that is one of the quality his stories are noice, even with all the op frickeries that usually will bring down the franchise itself instead.

This kind of thing happens mostly with amateurs writers, masada already showed he knows what he is doing when he is doing his op characters, he still human and can fail though

I've seem a good majority of works that are not op going downhill too if you want any of them to work you need to know what you are doing

Not to mention i doubt most of people like masada stuff for his op characters but rather for his work as a whole, the characters and all that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back