• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Masadaverse Discussion Thread 21

Lenus010 said:
Ok lets assume that Gladsheim doesn't have an infinite soul supply
they obviously do have a set soul count limit schreiber's is given an exact number "sheltering 185,731 soulds behind that eyepatch of his"
Only the Godhead could be speculated to have an infinite number and even then it's only mere speculation I think.

Lenus010 said:
and even with Machina he states that Rusalka would need 200,000 more souls if she would actually hope to stop him, so we can assume his limit currently would be at least 200,000+ somewhere around there, Eleonore is no different, in Ren vs the Three commanders Eleonore was capable of effecting Machina with her flames , and it was stated to be able to do real damage to him, so in short they should be relative to each other in power.
The souls also have different quality as well. Shreiber has lots of them because he kills a lot indiscriminately but he doesn't care about their "quality" which would impact his power through Die Ewigkeit.

Eleonore, Russalka and especially Willhelm are more of the types to care about quality over quantity.

Quality over Quantity only works in terms of efficency when Wilhelm talks about it, basically if he had a quality soul he would burn less of his actual spiritual power out as opposed to a soul lacking in quality, not that if you have quality souls it makes you stronger.

Except hundreds of millions didn't die during Word War II. You know that Hundreds of Millions could be 10% to 50% of the entire world population at the time of WWII right? Does he keeps getting souls even after being sealed in 1945?

Dziga said:
Except hundreds of millions didn't die during Word War II. You know that Hundreds of Millions could be 10% to 50% of the entire world population at the time of WWII right?[/quote] Not hundredS OF millionS. A-Hundred-Million. (100.000.000). Dziga said:
Does he keeps getting souls even after being sealed in 1945
It's what I'm asking. Doesn't the VN mention that anyone who dies in a war go to Gladsheim? It means anyone from after WW2 to today (well, I think DI happens in 2005?).

Warren said Hundreds of Millions, and that's what my comment was about. 100 Million is still about 5% of the World Population during WWII. But I don't recall the VN ever saying he kept getting souls from wars after "dying", if anyone could get scans for it I'd love.

Hard for him t get 100Million durning world war 2 unless he was still getting souls even after the war for 60 years. Although I read that 2% or 3% of the world population died in WW2 so it's not impossible he got 100 million in WW2

This is why I ******* hate the fact there is no reliable english source for Shinza information. I'm looking through a bunch of moments from Dies to see if I can find anything.

@Lenus010

Nothing states that is their limit, just the amount they have at that time.

And IIRC, wasn't there a point in the novel where the Einherjar were stated to be like mere extensions of the castle? That they are intrinsically connected to it and Reinhard, isn't that were their Type 8 Immoratility comes from anyway?

As far as I remember they're literally part of Reinhard since they were fully assimilated into Gladsheimr.

I probably explained that poorly, what i meant by their limit is that it was their limit at the time, in no way am i saying thats only how far they'd get in soul count, but the point i was making is that they are drastically below Wilhelm when he was a Einherjar.

The Type 8 immo regular Einherjar have probably does apply to Boosted Wilhelm but its kinda weird cuz he doesn't exactly become part of Gladsheim its the other way around Gladsheim basically assimiliates into him and powers him with all the souls in it, which is what makes him stronger than the other three, The Three commanders earn their own souls, While Wilhelm at the time got all the souls Gladsheim hosted within it.

Regarding the soul count, I am pretty sure that Schreiber had the most out of the Commanders thanks to him being, as Wilhelm put it, a glutton. Eleonore is stated to be quite picky and only pick the best of the best. My personal guess is that Machina has the lowest soul count of the three but makes up for it in the way his ability works. That "You would need 200,000 more souls" line seems to me to be more like those times someone says that that their opponent is "100 years too early", and even if it isn't he might be refering to the amount of souls needed to overpower the negating effects of his relic. Don't forget that Machina is stated to be the sole member of the LDO to be able to harm Reinhard. Soul counts kinda don't matter for Machina.

Yeah, I remember Schreiber being the one with the highest soul count of all the LDO.

Also, Machina was talking that she needed at least 200k more souls to stall a little, not that he had that amount of souls (quality of the soul, Machina being better, Anna being a loli-witch-b*tch, etc.).

The idea of Bey as an Einherjar being stronger than the 3 Commanders as they were in Dies Irae is pretty dumb. Being an Einherjar doesn't even inherently make someone stronger, it just gave the person a much bigger soul stock. An Einherjar is still limited by their maximum soul capacity, Bey having an access to millions of soul from Gladsheimr supply doesn't mean anything since he can only utilizes 8000 souls at a time, which is what he was doing in his fight against Methuselah. He was conciously burning all 8000 of his souls with every punch and Einherjar buff/Gladsheimr just refill him back as soon as he runs out. Any of the Commander using the same method would achieve far greater effect as their capacity is hilariously bigger than Bey's

The biggest different between a regular Apostle and an Einherjar in regard of powerlevel is that the latter can continuosly burn all of their soul without any worry because Gladsheimr would make sure their soul stock doesn't get empty, compared to the former who can theoritically only do it once and his/her entire soul stock would be empty

Hell, there was even a comparison that quite explicitly say Schreiber would hit harder than Bey had he used the same tactic of burning their entire soul stock

ÒüôÒü«þë╣µÇºõ©èÒÇüÕÖ¿Òü«ÕñºÒüìÒüäÞÇàÒü╗Òü®µü®µüÁÒüîÕñºÒüìÒüäÒÇéõ¥ïÒüêÒü░ÒâÖÒéñÒü«Þ¿▒Õ«╣ÚÖÉþòîÒü»Õà½ÕìâÒü╗Òü®Òü¬Òü«ÒüºÒÇü18õ©çÒü«Ú¡éÒéƵîüÒüñÒéÀÒâÑÒâ®ÒéñÒâÉÒâ╝Òü¬Òéëõ¢òþÖ║ÒüïÒü»þ┤áÒüºþ£ƒõ╝╝ÒüºÒüìÒüªÒüùÒü¥ÒüåÞ¿êþ«ùÒü½Òü¬ÒéïÒÇé

you're right being an Einherjar doesn't mean you are stronger, for the three commanders however they feed off all the souls they absorbed themselves and have immortality reliant on Gladsheim, but for Wilhelm in his fight with Methuselah he fed off the souls in gladsheim and that powered him. What? do you know what happened to Wilhelm when he tried to fight Methuselah with 8k souls? he got slammed in less than a minute, so to say he burned only his 8k souls would mean he got slowly weaker since all the souls would be burned out and he wouldn't even be able to fight methuselah with his soul count anyway, but what happened when he got boosted by Gladsheim, he was capable of stalemating Methuselah, so him burning 8k souls to fight methuselah and actually winning makes zero sense canonically. He was burning quite a lot of souls in his attacks so obviously his regular soul count would burn out, he literally reverted back to being a human after losing Gladsheim's blessing, so yeah he was utilizing all its souls and he himself explicitly stated "I have access to Gladsheim's soul count so using my briah would be pointless" even if we were to assume that he did burn all 8k souls at once with each punch it still wouldn't do anything to him it makes no sense for him to be getting refiled when he got all the souls in gladsheim at once in him

No way is Einherjar Bey stronger than the Commanders as of Dies irae. He may be jacked to Valhalla all he wants, his soul vessel is still pitifully small in comparison to theirs and Einherjar or not, the size of that one doesn't change. During his fight with Lui he was burning 8,000 souls with each attack, but he can't carry anymore at the same time. Putting 8,000 souls in each attack is his limit, and Schreiber for example has a 100k souls tier capacity.

The reason Bey seemed so powerful in that fight against Lui was because of the blood connection established when Claudia drank his blood, they were special circunstances at work that allowed him to fight him evenly and even then, it worked that well because Lui already took care of defining darkness as being useless before light.

Might as well move on from Shinza franchise tbh. It's a dead series at this point unless some miracle happens.

That begin said, with Mithra being the very first god and the most knowledgeable, I think she have some hacks in her sleeves

I'm almost sure Masada joins a another company and Pantheon would be recreated again

can't a new company buy Dies Irae IP too?

Is Dies Irae IP worth it tbh? It's niche as f*ck even in Japan I think.

But hey, if SE turned Nier into a main stream game, nothing is impossible

ZERO7772 said:
Is Dies Irae IP worth it tbh? It's niche as f*ck even in Japan I think.
But hey, if SE turned Nier into a main stream game, nothing is impossible
I am pretty sure Dies Irae has a decently large fanbase in Japan.

According to Wikipedia:

Reception[edit]
Also sprach Zarathustra was the twelfth best selling PC game of 2007 on the web shop Getchu;[7] Acta est Fabula was the twenty-fifth of 2009.[8] The PlayStation Portable version of Amantes amentes sold a total of 5,669 copies during its debut week, making it the third best selling PlayStation Portable game of the week in Japan, and twentieth best-selling game in Japan across all systems.[9] By May 2017, over 100,000 copies of Dies irae had been sold across all versions.[3]

The game has won awards: Also sprach Zarathustra was given an Award of Excellence in the Background Music Division of the 2008 Bishoujo Game Awards,[10] and Acta est Fabula won the gold award in the background music category in the 2010 Moe Game Awards.[11]

According to Michisato, users were upset by the initial, incomplete releases.[3]

It all depends on Masada's luck. He invited Silverio's writer to join him on the quest of resurrecting Pantheon and I figure he would be introduced to Silverio's writer's company. At that point, maybe a VN is what we are getting. If Masada's lucky, Pantheon might stay a gacha game (and that means a good developer this time)

Honestly, I'm all for the animated action in a mobage but a text game gives us more feats and upgrades.

Just one thing I just noticed. I decided to read Claudia's profile on a whim, and to me it seems to be wrtiting her as much more powerful than what she was actually portrayed as in the novel. It seems to be written under the assumption that Wilhelm is acting at maximum capacity, while in actuality he was basically a normal human during that time, forced to use his own soul as fuel for his Beri'ah. Also, one part is clearly wrong were it says that Claudia is unharmed by her own Beri'ah when clearly she is, and not only that, but like Wilhelm she is using her own soul to fuel it all.

One final bit is that about Wilhelm strongest version of his Beri'ah. It is made very clear that the version of Der Rosenkavalier Schwarzwald that Wilhelm is using is technically weaker than his normal one. It's range is limited and it has next to no offensive capabilities. The main thing it has over the normal one is that it's darkness is the deepest that he can manage (IIRC, it is so deep that Wilhelm himself can hardly see out of it.) thus serving him well in protecting him from Claudia's light.

In tvtropes, there is a mention of reinhard accidentally killing a puppy when he petted it's head because he was just too strong, does anyone know when he talks of this?

Ricky365 said:
In tvtropes, there is a mention of reinhard accidentally killing a puppy when he petted it's head because he was just too strong, does anyone know when he talks of this?
I asked the guy who made that edit, but haven't recived any answer from them.

Pretty sure I've seen this claim somewhere before on the web but not tvtropes... like in a "respect thread" or somthing along those lines.

E3D260DA-C737-43B2-B11C-0B077995673E
Wouldn't this disprove that the size of Mercurius' universe/multiverse being infinite? I mean the Grand Cross extended along the multiverse but it was later stated to be only billions times bigger than a normal one.

Sounds more like just flowery language rather then making a serious statement. A billion magnitudes bigger might as well be infinitely bigger to us.

Back