• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Masadaverse disc. thread: New Forum Edition

I made the Ewigkeit upgrade Part 1 because it's such a big upgrade that I thought it deserved its own thread

Part 2 is a bunch of miscellaneous additions to the profiles

Part 3 is the new profiles and all their additions and changes as well as the physiology pages.
Thanks. It was quite entertaining read.
Anyway, I have a question. When it comes to to Tenma and Team Ren profiles, were they separated just for the sake of cleanliness, or was there any more important reason? The way I see it, except for Morei, it seems unneeded.

I don't know - I didn't make the profiles.

Also, here is the sandbox for the revised profiles if you want to see them, they aren't done yet - I need to get a few images and quotes for those images, and then basic edits throughout the whole thing, but I am getting too lazy to want to do that, and the render guys aren't delivering me the images yet so eh?

They are mostly finished though.

Wasn't the Longinus able to reach the Twilight Beach and pierce Marie's true form to allow her to feel Ren's emotions even while being restricted?

Wasn't the Longinus able to reach the Twilight Beach and pierce Marie's true form to allow her to feel Ren's emotions even while being restricted?
Yeah, but I consider that a plot hole, since it's blatantly stated that the spear didn't possess its unique properties and almighty power because Reinhard was restricted by the Swastikas, during moments where Ren either tanks or evades the spear.

The spear's abilities are kinda a mess, but at its full power - everything it should be able to do is mentioned, at least, I think it is.

I don't know - I didn't make the profiles.

Also, here is the sandbox for the revised profiles if you want to see them, they aren't done yet - I need to get a few images and quotes for those images, and then basic edits throughout the whole thing, but I am getting too lazy to want to do that, and the render guys aren't delivering me the images yet so eh?

They are mostly finished though.
There are a few things I would like to say, but to prevent this from becoming a wall of text, I will try to split my thoughts into a few points, though this might cause some lost in transitioning:
  • Profiles look good, though, the question of Tenma becomes even more apparent. For example, Hajun was used as a way to judge power. When you have 2 different profiles for the same character in different forms, it becomes hard to differentiate feats. For example, Ren's stamina and 8k years feat. While in theory, he really did that, however, can you really use this fact as a measure for Ren, when you have a separate Yato profile?
  • At the very core Tenma are the same characters, just twisted visually and powered up. To compare, they feel more like different versions of Super Saiyan than different characters. The only exception being Morei. It doesn't make much sense to keep those profiles separate.
  • If there was a decision to merge Tenma (except for Morei) profiles to DI ones, one wouldn't even need to add that much of new information. The one which would receive the most change/addition probably would be Rusalka/Numahime and that would be easy to do as well. Visually, just ditch Kamunagara image to the technique section and you are good to go to copy/paste/merge.
  • Furthermore, Reinhard's profile (in the sandbox) already has K3 reference. In addition, they contain information related to the Pantheon and Thrones. It would take a while to find where, but from what I remember, author has mentioned that Rea's route is the true end of DI while Marie's and then K3 is the correct/true path of Shinza series. Having DI, Pantheon and Throne, but separating K3 makes it feel as if one cut the middle of the story out.
The point I am trying to make, is that I suggest merging those pages, for the exception of Morei. Morei could be left as it is, just add "Tab"/link to Morei's profile at the top of Beatrice's and Kei's and to Beatrice and Kei on top of Morei's profile page (see Goku's profile and links to DB, DBZ, DB GT etc. as an example). Or at the very least, adding a better references/links between them using tabs.

There are a few things I would like to say, but to prevent this from becoming a wall of text, I will try to split my thoughts into a few points, though this might cause some lost in transitioning:
  • Profiles look good, though, the question of Tenma becomes even more apparent. For example, Hajun was used as a way to judge power. When you have 2 different profiles for the same character in different forms, it becomes hard to differentiate feats. For example, Ren's stamina and 8k years feat. While in theory, he really did that, however, can you really use this fact as a measure for Ren, when you have a separate Yato profile?
  • At the very core Tenma are the same characters, just twisted visually and powered up. To compare, they feel more like different versions of Super Saiyan than different characters. The only exception being Morei. It doesn't make much sense to keep those profiles separate.
  • If there was a decision to merge Tenma (except for Morei) profiles to DI ones, one wouldn't even need to add that much of new information. The one which would receive the most change/addition probably would be Rusalka/Numahime and that would be easy to do as well. Visually, just ditch Kamunagara image to the technique section and you are good to go to copy/paste/merge.
  • Furthermore, Reinhard's profile (in the sandbox) already has K3 reference. In addition, they contain information related to the Pantheon and Thrones. It would take a while to find where, but from what I remember, author has mentioned that Rea's route is the true end of DI while Marie's and then K3 is the correct/true path of Shinza series. Having DI, Pantheon and Throne, but separating K3 makes it feel as if one cut the middle of the story out.
The point I am trying to make, is that I suggest merging those pages, for the exception of Morei. Morei could be left as it is, just add "Tab"/link to Morei's profile at the top of Beatrice's and Kei's and to Beatrice and Kei on top of Morei's profile page (see Goku's profile and links to DB, DBZ, DB GT etc. as an example). Or at the very least, adding a better references/links between them using tabs.
Honestly, I don't think it really matters - who cares if they are different profiles? Later versions of the same character have been used to split up a profile for less before. And having one Tenma profile being a separate page looks just as weird. Just because one profile on a character who isn't any different than before, doesn't feel like enough of a reason to do all that extra work for something that already works perfectly fine.

I can just remove the Tenma Yato feats from Ren's page - it doesn't change anything

The thing is, I can't fix up the KKK profiles, the game isn't available in English, and so, I am not going to work on them.

In fact, I wanted to delete a lot of the Masadaverse profiles like the ones from Senshinkan or KKK because they are either poorly constructed, only in Japanese with no scans, and there is no one who has played those games that actually gives to shit to give input in versus matches here.

Besides, I am so ******* sick and tired of working on this shit, that I am not adding more of a workload onto my schedule. - a connecter tab could work fine though.

Disagree with merging the profiles and deleting the K3 ones, but I do agree with a connecter tab.

Also if we deleted K3 wouldnt we have to remove the use of its Feats/Statements from our DI/PL profiles which means Rein, Ren, Marie and Merc plus more would need to be downgraded to like... 1-C I believe?

Disagree with merging the profiles and deleting the K3 ones, but I do agree with a connecter tab.

Also if we deleted K3 wouldnt we have to remove the use of its Feats/Statements from our DI/PL profiles which means Rein, Ren, Marie and Merc plus more would need to be downgraded to like... 1-C I believe?
No, not having profiles for something =/= they don't exist.

Shinza is still High 1-A, and the events of KKK still happened, but all I am saying is that I really don't like our KKK profiles (And Senshinkan profiles) but I can't update them to make them better, so I would personally want them deleted.

I mean... they honestly arnt THAT bad, they arnt good but honestly I dont think they are bad enough to be deleted (Theres worse profiles allowed to exist).

It's more the fact that they almost all have no scans and no one to properly argue them that makes me wish to not have to deal with them

We can keep High 1-A stuff because even without people who played KKK we have had plenty of scans and translation of it that even us non-Japanese readers know about it, but can you explain to me what even one KKK, that isn't Hajun, does at the start of a fight? What's their first move?

We can keep High 1-A stuff because even without people who played KKK we have had plenty of scans and translation of it that even us non-Japanese readers know about it, but can you explain to me what even one KKK, that isn't Hajun, does at the start of a fight? What's their first move?
I know that Habaki is a coward and starts off with his sword going for close range iirc.

Yakou it depends due to his eye as iirc he uses either “Magic” or his summons.

Mibu seems very straight forward tbh.

(And those are the only two ever used)

yeah KKK profiles are really poorly written with no scans and evidence. we don't know whatever they are good or missed some important stuff too. because we can't play game so we can't check anything.

Well, when I think about it, merging threads was a stupid idea. However, connecting using tabs seems like a great one. There would be no need to do a lot of work through merging, no particular need to change already existing profiles, linkage between them would be better and tab making is fast aso it could be done in a few minutes each.
No, not having profiles for something =/= they don't exist.

Shinza is still High 1-A, and the events of KKK still happened, but all I am saying is that I really don't like our KKK profiles (And Senshinkan profiles) but I can't update them to make them better, so I would personally want them deleted.
I won't talk about KKK profiles because Shinza is still relatively popular or at least have dedicated fans. The fact that there might be any scans at all is impressive enough, especially considering its visual novel nature. The problem with Senshinkan however, is that it is much less known and in my opinion much worse. That is why I think that having any scans at all is on the level of miracle. Honestly, I have never heard even once that Senshinkan was good. There is no particular reason to claim that as well. When it comes to light works I have read entire Shinza series (except for Avesta), Silverio and Senshinkan Series, Vermilion and Baroque. Even now I am reading Zero Infinity and yet, Senshinkan easily sits at the bottom with Baroque.

Im less against deleting Senshinkan, cause we know even less about that then K3 and hell they arnt even used much.

I wrote paragraphs and paragraphs and just delete it.

I wrote paragraphs and pargraphs and delete it again.

I look at my weiner and say "Oh my long schlong, my magnificient Tower of London, The World Serpent itself, why have you become so small?"

It replies: "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown. And this guy shit takes are so horrible, god knows what else they may have. O master of mine, become unic"

And so i ask, what has caused the degredation of men? The answer, is all to you viewers, righ within your eyes

Jokes aside...seriously, W T F?

Less known? Yeah right, less known than average VNs that absolutely no one cares about (Aside from Silverio)

On par with Baroque? Damn, i didn't know Silverio was so perfect. Amusing considering Silverio suffers from quality issues in terms of route disperency. Wait **** that, wtf Vermillion has for itself apart from "wow vampires" and "wow special vampires we call blue blood" and "wow murder mystery" (that wasn't even done well)

Damn what even about Paralost? that shit was so cringe Masada even tweeted about it and was like "damn was i this autistic?"

I am sorry if i am being mean but it honestly surprises me when you're the first person i ever saw that ever spoke like this

Also mmh, i'd say more but honestly just no

but ****, now i can't even fap to my heart content
I groggily opened my eyes to you screencapping this shit and dropping it in general_spoilers. I woke the **** up, in high spirit, and i turned on my computer just so i can respond to this shit. We're gonna have a field day today my guy and shit it's ******* Friday too.

It has literally nothing to do with your ******* dick. Tell me this broski, in what ******* way it's even affecting your PP holy shit.

Bro.

How did I miss this? This is a Shinza discussion thread, right?

Also Alfy, you're a grown man, control your emotions, god damn it.

It's a time of celebration and family values, not his depravity.

Sigh... To think that my simple opinion lead to this much nonsense. I guess Senshinkan still has fans here and I hurt their feelings. My apologies.
It is not worth wasting time replying to the most what was said because it would just turn into opinion war, however I think I will still comment on Silverio part. While I never said that Silverio is perfect and do admit that it has problems, however using the difference in quality between routes (which I, again, agree exists) to attack it is quite a weak argument by itself. Nearly every single VN which has a true route has this problem. Dies Irae is one of such examples. When it comes to Silverio series, the biggest gap between routes in my opinion is between Millie's and Vendetta's routes and I can't think of any argument which would show that this gap is any worse than the one between, lets say, Kasumi's and Rea's routes.

What did you dislike so much about Senshinkan?
This thread makes me seem like some sort of hater for having my own personal taste, so I guess the quickest way to end this discussion is to explain my opinion. Before anything else, let me get this straight, I don't hate light or any of its novels. If I did, I wouldn't bother reading them. In fact, when it comes to VNs, light is 1 of my top 3 favorite companies (together with nitro+ and 07th expansion).
Next, in terms of my personal enjoyment, I would list light VNs like this: DI>Silverio Series>KKK>Vermilion>ParaLost>Senshinkan=Baroque. DI is my favorite JP battle focused story, I loved Silverio true routes and liked Nagisa and Chitose ones as well, though I admit it had weaker routes like Millie's as well. When it comes to KKK, I liked some things more, some less, but overall enjoyed it a bit less than Silverio. I don't think anyone has any real problems with this part.

Here comes the part why I seem to get attacked for. Vermilion might had its problems, however the way it was attacked here can be pretty much applied to any VN. The reason I would place Vermilion in this place is because I enjoyed characters and fights much more than the remaining VN on the list. ParaLost is old (I think it was first released in 2004 or so) and without the doubt in terms of both visuals and audio is the worse of all light VNs I have played. Story had problems as well, but when I first read it I already knew which universe it belonged to (I am a fan of Shinza) and quite enjoyed Judas, Ryle and Nerose. This is what made me enjoy ParaLost more than Senshinkan or Baroque. Now for the remaining 2, both Senshinkan and Baroque were good in terms of soundtracks and visuals. On average, they were much better than standard/average VNs, however, I didn't enjoy them. I didn't like the main cast and fights felt underwhelming. I wasn't particular fan of Senshinkan's endings or such Baroque elements as children gang rape. While such elements like the Shizuno's route, Shinno and Amakasu from Senshinkan or sheer fresh feeling giving brutality of Baroque were interesting, however, the elements I disliked just dragged it down. That is why I said that these 2 sit at the bottom for me, even though they are better than a lot of similar stuff by other companies. The comment about never hearing anything good about Senshinkan besides soundtrack wasn't even an insult, I meant it quite literally. I really haven't seen any. Heck, I have written more positive comments about Senshinkan (especially soundtrack) than I have seen those by anyone else.

Well then let me spread a few words of positivity towards Senshinkan (Hachimyoujin).
Like you mentioned the soundtrack is quite fantastic. TRUST&TRUTH and Timnat-sera always hits. YEHOSHUA makes your blood boiling with excitement and a real connoisseur enjoys every minute of Shichirigahama.

Each individual of the main cast is quite lovely especially Harumitsu. That guy is quite cinnamon.
Karuma is always a blast, Shino and Kuubo always bring terror and seeing the cast overcome these obstacles is the part of the game imo.

Senshinkan does use its medium quite well. No route is wasted with each contributing to the biiger picture.

Overall Senshinkan is quite an enjoyable experience and if you can read jp then give it a try.
Hail Sobamon

Maybe all of Masada's works are good... If i can fkin read them. Only Dies Irae is readable. According to wikipedia, Dies irae is also his most popular vn by far.

Well then let me spread a few words of positivity towards Senshinkan (Hachimyoujin).
Like you mentioned the soundtrack is quite fantastic. TRUST&TRUTH and Timnat-sera always hits. YEHOSHUA makes your blood boiling with excitement and a real connoisseur enjoys every minute of Shichirigahama.

Each individual of the main cast is quite lovely especially Harumitsu. That guy is quite cinnamon.
Karuma is always a blast, Shino and Kuubo always bring terror and seeing the cast overcome these obstacles is the part of the game imo.

Senshinkan does use its medium quite well. No route is wasted with each contributing to the biiger picture.

Overall Senshinkan is quite an enjoyable experience and if you can read jp then give it a try.
Hail Sobamon
This is officially the first positive post about Senshinkan that I have ever seen and when it comes to characters, it is totally opposite to my opinion. At least we agree about the soundtrack.
Maybe all of Masada's works are good... If i can fkin read them. Only Dies Irae is readable. According to wikipedia, Dies irae is also his most popular vn by far.
Well, Dies Irae is his only translated work, isn't it? Well, technically Interview and Rusalka's novel are translated as well, but they still can be considered to be a part of Dies Irae. Sadly its anime was garbage. If it wasn't, maybe we would have seen much more of Masada.

Back