• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Thanos and MCU Thanos causality manipulation?

Well on the page for causality manipulation it describes it as being able to snap your finger and cause a mass resurrection and thanos basically does the opposite of this with killing half of the population in the universe.

Instead of his finger just snapping and causing kinetic energy, caused half the universe to die.

It's just a death manipulation.

And please, don't bumping thread many times in the same day.

I don't think it's death manipulation though it seems like something more than that.

Sorry for the bumps just wanted to get input.

The snap is just for using the gauntlet, and he clearly "induce death" via this.

Blueblur24 said:
Well on the page for causality manipulation it describes it as being able to snap your finger and cause a mass resurrection and thanos basically does the opposite of this with killing half of the population in the universe.

Instead of his finger just snapping and causing kinetic energy, caused half the universe to die.
No, just because he snapped his finger to activate his power doesnt mean he has causality manip. If thats the case then anyone who activates their power with a snap of their finger has causality manip

@Sandman31 the thing is he could have snapped his fingers to do pretty much anything it's just that this time his goal was to kill half the marvel universe.

With thanos the reason he snapped his finger was just to show you how powerful and unstoppable he had became now that the infinity gauntlet had been completed. He could made a fist like zeno and basically achieved the samething.

Causality Manipulation is either:

A) Changing a past event (like per say, make it so that it never happened), for example, I make it so that you were never born. This is manipulating the cause of something.

B) Basically changing the effect of something: for example, everytime someone takes a step, a planet blows up.

Thanos' "finger snapping" isn't causality manipulation because he is simply using the effect of the Infinity Gauntlet, which can be activated via snapping his fingers while wearing it. If Thanos was to make it so that every time any human being snaps his finger, half of the universe dies, that would be causality manipulation (the effect).

Ok I see now that makes sense. It just when I was going through the powers and abilities page I read causality manipulation and the examples given made it seem as if he had causality manipulation.

Nah, it's only a death hax with universal range.

Back