• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Speed Downgrades

If Thor has a psychic bond to Mjolnir, then he should scale to to it's flight speed anyway. As he has full control of the speed and direction that the hammer moves at.

Flight speed.

My point is that Thor can maneuver Mjolnir even while moving at MFTL speeds because it's an extentio of himself. Otherwise he would not have been able to make it reach the farthers reach of the galaxy and get it back at that speed, as an example.

The same should apply to SS.

Thor having a psychic bond with the hammer does not mean his physical body is capable of the same speeds. It's a mental connection, and a magical one at that

1. Travel speed

2. Travel speed

3. Not an example of travel speed given that he simply teleported the hammer through a portal, and definitely not reaction speed given that he had planned it's trajectory back long before it actually made its way back.

4. Travel speed

5. Travel speed

Exactly as SuperAPM put it. You don't maneuver if your trajectory doesn't involve complex curves, you're just the passenger of a train going at MFTL+ speeds.

The question was whether Mjolnir always moves at light speed without slowing down before Thor grasps it

I still think that SuperAPM and Zark2099 make sense.

1. None you saw the scan right? Thor literally did a massive curve within the black hole.

2. But he manages to catch the ship in mid-flight, it's reaction feat.

3. But planning a trajectory =/= actually reacting to said object.

4. Same as before.

5. How the heck are you are translating throwing speed to travel speed?

My point was that Mjolnir is an extention of Thor, any speed from it should inherent to him. The Milleniun Falcon argument in the OP is uncomparable, as Omega pointed above.

1. He went from point A to B back to A. Explain how complex that is.

2. Um, I don't exactly get the argument here...

3. Massive outlier, that's an unquantifiable feat that can give him basically Immeasurable speed if it's talking about a mathematical dimension

4. Did Mjolnir consistently keep its MFTL+ when Thor catched it.

5. His attack speed with Mjolnir isn't even in question

1. Which was done over such a large area that it's utterly worthless to even mention; it essentially was a straight line.

2. The scan demonstrates quite blatantly that the ship was moving much to fast for him to react, he explicitly would need to increase his hammers travel speed to catch up to it.

3. Precisely, hence why it's not a feat of reaction.

4. Throwing something is a strength feat, not speed. It's especially not scalable when this is a magical hammer that we're taking about

5. Same as number 4

6. Thor being psychically linked to Mjolnir does not mean he is capable of reaching the same speeds physically; Again, it's a mental connection, not physical.

1. But at the very least he should have been able to manipulate and react to the direction in which he go.

2. Yes he has to increase his speed but he still managed to catch the ship even while at speeds that he supposedly can't react. As you guys are saying.

3. Ah, then tell me how a someone reacting to a high-speed object is not a reaction feat? As the scan shows.

4. Same.

5. I posted the links as supportive feats for his overall speed. Literally I said non-mjolnir. And yes it can scale to his attack speed.

6. Doesn't mean that his reaction can't scale.

Zark2099 said:
1. He went from point A to B back to A. Explain how complex that is.
2. Um, I don't exactly get the argument here...

3. Massive outlier, that's an unquantifiable feat that can give him basically Immeasurable speed if it's talking about a mathematical dimension

4. Did Mjolnir consistently keep its MFTL+ when Thor catched it.

5. His attack speed with Mjolnir isn't even in question
1. I doutb that you need to make complex movement as long as you can control your trajectory.

2. That he still managed to catch the ship at that speed.

3. He said to "distant dimension". Don't think is the sort of the higher dimension.

4. Nothing in the scan implies that. Why are you making such random assumption?

5. I was posting supportive speed feats that had nothing to do with flight.

1. Its far to simplistic of a manoeuvre to indicate any form of reaction, a simple plan of trajectory is all that would be required for something like that, again, it essentially was just a long straight line.

2. What? That just proves his travel speed is higher than his reaction or combat speed

3. Because he's not reacting to anything, again, he planned for the hammer to reach that spot from before he even chucked it into the portal, and reached out his hand before it reached its destination. As Thor himself states.

4. Same what?

5. You say it was a Thor specific feat but the scan you provided can literally only be attributed to Mjolnir.

6. Oh, its not that it "can't scale," its just that the you have yet to prove that it does. Being psychically linked rarely if ever means their physical body is comparable. Many psychics in fiction are capable of lobbing rocks at massively hypersonic speeds yet only possess the physique of an average human

SuperAPM said:
Jesus Christ, we really did just leave this to fall by the wayside. Are we doing anything about this then?
Welcome to the true nature of marvel/dc threads where at max you will have to wait 2 years for the CRT to finish (If there is not part 2).

I recall many of the experts being an agreement of what Prince of the Morning, Matt, Weekly, and myself have said. That Thor has enough proof for his combat speed to be comparable to his flight speed for the same reason(s) Green Lanterns and many other DC characters do.

Back