• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Odin Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust_Collector

They/Them
So a while ago while I had to isolate I thought I'd try my hand at looking through Odins appearances and see if he was missing anything (Missing a lot as it turned out, especially in the P&A department). Here's his current profile for comparisons sake, below are my proposed changes and additions.

There is the issue of everything I've copy and pasted below not displaying the comics the scans come from when you hover over or click the little reference numbers, so here's my sandbox so you can see where the scans come from since it does display the references. I was only gonna link to my sandbox instead of pasting the contents into the thread, but as brought up on another CRT I did the other day it's not the best idea to only link to a sandbox when in the future all it's contents can be changed/deleted. It's easier to stick to reading my sandbox but the stuff below was pasted there just in case someone in a few months decides to check this CRT, so that way they will see what changes are actually being proposed instead of clicking on a link to a sandbox that by that point has become, I dunno, a revamp for Big Wheel.

Powers and Abilities:
For his P&A there's not much to explain, although I'm kinda iffy on the conceptual manipulation since I'm not familar with anything to do with the abstracts, it's there because it was already on the profile.
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Longevity (Asgardians possess far greater natural lifespans than humans do[1]), Genius Intelligence, Immortality (Type 1 - Via the Golden Apples of Idunn[2]), Regeneration (At least Low, possibly Mid-Low: Even a fodder Asgardian can live for 5 minutes with their heart completely removed from their body and recover if it's placed back where it belonged[3], should be comparable to Thor, who could regenerate after a spear pierced his chest[4]), Magic, Self-Sustenance (Type 1 - Could breath in space while fighting Forsung[5]; Type 2 - doesn't need food nor drink[6]), Enhanced Senses (Detected the presence of a Vanna[7], can hear conversations happening[8] far away from himself[9], gods and their offspring can perceive invisible beings[10]), Clairvoyance (Can witness events happening on earth while remaining in Asgard[11], Seidring with Odin's powers could locate and watch Thor[12], was able to watch Thors struggles while battling Infinity[13]), Retrocognition (Can project and watch visions of events that happened in the past[14]), Energy Manipulation & Projection (His powers can control ethereal force, allowing him to trap others in blocks of ethereal force or restrain them with energy bands[12], he can project beams and waves of energy[15]), Matter Manipulation (Softened the seabed to sink Skagg[16], instantly fixed Baldur's broken sword[17], restored numerous broken buildings[18], can affect atoms[19], Thor with Odin's powers could fix the moon on a molecular level[20]), Heat Manipulation (Could generate celestial force that melted Loki's mystical frost[21]), Technology Manipulation (Could force a spaceship to depart and guide it across the universe through his own power[22]), Magnetism Manipulation & Gravity Manipulation (Could gather and control all the electo-magnetic particles in the universe and cause the earths rotation around the sun[23]), Power Bestowal & Statistics Amplification (Can grant powers[24], including his own Odin-Force, to others[25], increased the strength of an Asgardian to let them restrain Loki with ease[26]), Telekinesis (Sent Loki and Absorbing Man hurtling across the universe[27], hurled the remnants of dead planets at Surtur[23]), Extrasensory Perception (Sensed Thors power coming from Beta Ray Bill[28], possesses mystic senses that allowed him to detect the Infinity Watch coming to Asgard[15], sensed Freyja being stabbed[29]), Healing (Healed Baldur's injuries[17], blasted Thor with his cosmic power to bring him back from unconsciousness[30]), Resurrection (Revived the Hulk[31]), Shapeshifting & Size-Shifting (Can take the form of a normal looking human[32], could transform into a hound if he wanted to[33], Can greatly increase his own size to match beings like Surtur[34] and Galactus[35]), Necromancy (Forced the spirit Volla to raise from death[36]), Aura (Asgardians emit an aura of free-flowing electrons[26]), Flight (Flew across the universe while fighting Forsung[5]), Paralysis Inducement (Seidring with Odin's powers could completely immobilize Baldur and several other Asgardians[12], could freeze Mangog's body, leaving him unable to move[37]), Telepathy (Can telepathically speak to others[25] and read minds[38]), Body Puppetry (Infinity, a portion of Odin's own power, could control the bodies of his victims[39]), Power Nullification & Statistics Reduction (Can nullify the enchantments placed on Mjolnir[40], can reduce Thors strength by half[41] despite him normally being resistant to such an ability[42], nullified magic based shapeshifting[5], can remove all of Thor's powers[43] including his immense stamina and tolerance to pain[44], could completely remove Loki's godhood and render him no different than the average homeless man[45], drained the strength from Hela[46]), Absorption (Can absorb energy[27], was able to absorb Infinity back into himself[47], absorbed Surtur[48]), Teleportation (Can teleport himself[49] and others[44]), Invisibility (He and Dormammu made themselves invisible to most Asgardians[50], even Thor who is normally able to see invisible beings[10] wouldn't of been able to see them if it wasn't for Umar[50]), Elemental Manipulation (Fire Manipulation - Can generate fire[51], trapped Skagg within a circle of flame[16], is able to create and hurl massive fireballs[52], Thor with Odin's powers could summon and unleash all the fires of hell[53]; Water Manipulation - Seidring with Odin's powers could summon and control a vortex of liquefied wolfbane[12]; Air Manipulation - Can create cyclones[27], Infinity, a portion of Odin's own power, can create mists and fog[13]; Earth Manipulation - Opened up and resealed the earth to imprison Surtur[54]; Lightning Manipulation - Can generate lightning[51] and unleash massive beams of electricity[55]; & Weather Manipulation - Able to create storms[26], due to gaining the powers of his brothers he should be able to summon an arctic storm of sleet[56]), Animal Manipulation (Commanded a hawk to save Baldur[57]), Plant Manipulation (Summoned and controlled plants to save Baldur[57]), Cloth Manipulation (Changed Jane Fosters outfit[24], gave Thor and Sif new outfits[50]), Explosion Manipulation (Can cause explosions[58]), Sound Manipulation (Projected his voice through his ravens[50]), Light Manipulation (Seidring with Odin's powers could project a bolt of light[25], can generate flashes of light[43]), Astral Projection (Can project his spirit[59]), Non-Physical Interaction (Magical attacks and spells can affect and completely destroy spirits and astral forms[60], physically fought Thors soul[15]), Fusionism (Could fuse the elements of fire and lightning[51], could fuse with his brothers[56]), Creation (Created the Rainbow Bridge[23], Loki created a pair sentient hands via the Odin-Ring[61], Thor with Odin's powers created a feast for starving people[62]), Portal Creation (Created a portal to channel Surturs flames into Asgard[63]), Forcefield Creation (Created a protective shield to defend New York from Skagg[16], Seidring with Odin's powers created a barrier to protect himself[12]), Illusion Creation (Created illusions of Thor to deceive Hela, said illusions being able to have tangible effects on the world despite not being real[17], created illusions of many Asgardians[64]), Multilocation (Capable of being in several places at once[65]), Time Travel (Can access any time or place in creation, even different timelines, a power he used to bring Frank Castle from dead timeline and send him to a period where Thanos was still an infant[66]), Dimensional Travel & BFR (Can freely move himself and others between Asgard and earth[67], moved Asgard to another dimension[68] that existed beyond normal space and time[69], can banish Thor to earth[70] despite him normally being resistant to such an ability[71], can banish others to Limbo[43], Mephisto's realm[72], and to Nightmares realm[73], can access any place and time in creation[66]), Sealing (Can imprison the entire population of a planet within a single being[37], sealed Beta Ray Bill within a block of ethereal force[74], sealed the God Tempest within a nugget of Uru[75], tore an entire universe from Yggdrasil and sealed it away[55], Heimdall with Odin's powers imprisoned Thor within Eric Mastersons subconscious[76]), Power Absorption (Can absorb power from the land itself[48], absorbed his stolen powers back from Zelia[77], can absorb power from others to empower himself[78]), Deconstruction (Dissipated Zelia[77]), Transmutation (Infinity, a portion of Odin's power, can enchant a weapon with the power to turn blood to water[39], fired a transmutation beam to turn the rhinegold ring-halves into the Odin Sword[79], turned Mimirs severed head into fire[80], turned the Scarlet Centurion into an hourglass[81]), Mind Manipulation (Can put the entire population of earth into a catatonic state[16], Infinity, a portion of Odin's power, can instantly enslave the entire population of a planet[39], entered Thor's mind and had to restrain himself to avoid damaging it[82], his telepathic powers are even potent enough to affect and match Galactus in a mental battle[35]), Size Manipulation (Shrunk his royal vizier[83]), Empathic Manipulation (Could calm down Thor[84], removed the madness from Korgon[85]), Perception Manipulation (Can create visons of himself and choose who can see and hear them[86], forced Tony Stark to perceive infinity[65]), Memory Manipulation (Erased the memories of all mortals to make them forget the disasters Infinity wrought across the universe[47]), Biological Manipulation (Removed Thor's mouth[61], his ring allowed Loki to change Baldur's appearance[87], reversed the effects of Ego-Primes mutations[18]), Life & Death Manipulation (His ring can imbue life into others[61], suspended Baldur between life and death[88], states that he is a god of life before giving new life to dead flowers[46], created and breathed life into humanity[89], Infinity, a portion of Odins power, is able to cause instant death[39]), Soul Manipulation (His enchantment on Mjolnir forced Thor and Lokis souls to return to their respective bodies[90], pulled Thor's soul out of the Destroyer[84], released Thor's spirit from the body of Donald Blake[91], can transfer souls into his scepter[92], prevented Mephisto from claiming a soul[93], could've torn Thor's soul asunder[15]), Time Manipulation (Capable of[67] stopping time[16], after sealing off Asgard he locked it into an eternal night[55], causing time to become stagnant and eons to pass without meaning[94]), Spatial Manipulation (Seidring with Odin's powers could distort the fabric of space to deflect Thor's attacks[12], twisted the space of a city when confronting Hela[95], created and fixed a rent in space[96], tore apart the fabric of space to retrieve Frank Castle[66]), Pocket Reality Manipulation (Created a pocket realm at the bottom of Yggdrasil to store Donald Blake[97]), Blood Manipulation / Quantum Manipulation (Created an Asgardian blood legion using quantum foam[98]), Limited Law Manipulation via Conceptual Manipulation (Type 1 - He and Dormammu warped reality to the point of affecting Lord Chaos and Master Order in a game of chess, but the match ended inconclusive, so the changes in reality disappeared. Odin explained that both he and Dormammu have to be evenly matched to not cause a cosmic imbalance at the end of the game[50]), Reality Warping (Warped and reversed all the damage Infinity had done[47], he and Dormammu were warping and disrupting the cosmic balance of the cosmos during a chess game[50], warped the space between realms[99]), and Existence Erasure (Erased the human race[95], Thor with Odin's powers attempted to erase Desak from existence[100], and when tapping into more of the Odin-Force would've have successfully erased him despite him previously resisting, only failing due to the Spirit of the Jewel saving Desak[101])

Resistance to Poisons (Asgardian gods are unaffected by poisons[102]), Extreme Cold & Cosmic Radiations (Was perfectly fine while flying through space[5]), Matter Manipulation (Was unaffected by a molecular disruptor[103], gods possess different molecules to humans, allowing them to be unaffected by things such as an molecule freezing beam[104]), Sleep Manipulation (Gods are unaffected by the Chaos King causing mass sleep[105]), Power Absorption, Sense Manipulation, & Pain Manipulation (Only he has the power to bear the Odin-Ring with no ill effects, the ring being capable of causing sudden pain, sudden blindness, and taking away the wearers power[106]), Electricity Manipulation (Unaffected by a lightning bolt, easily catching it and throwing it back at the yellow-crested titans[107]), Fire Manipulation (Can withstand Surturs flames without much difficulty[34]), Age Manipulation & Death Manipulation (Unaffected by wearing the Odin Ring, which caused Loki to age and start withering away[106], Hela is unable to force him to die[47] despite being capable of inducing death even upon Thor[13], who can already resist death based abilities such as Decays touch[108] which causes living things to quickly decay and die[109]), Soul Manipulation (Hela is unable to affect his soul while he's still alive[47]), Mind Manipulation (With some difficulty he can break free from Galactus messing with his mind[35]), Sealing (Easily broke free of Thanos' attempt to seal him[15]), Dimensional BFR (Scales to Thor, who resisted being banished to Limbo due to being a god[71]), Power Nullification (Doctor Strange is unable to nullify the Odin-Force, requiring the leaders of earths pantheons to do it for him[110]), Deconstruction (While empowered by the Odin-Force, Thor is able to withstand the Destroyers disintegration beam[111]), and Cosmic Awareness (Can hide his actions from Heimdall[112])

Stamina, Range, Intelligence, Weaknesses:
Again, not much to say here. For his weaknesses I removed the current ones (His superstitions have never hindered him any way and being bound to ragnarok isn't a weakness it's just a feat for the ones in shadow, or whatever the names of thoses guys are, being able to keep the gods in a loop of death and rebirth) and replaced with his need to enter the odin sleep since that is an actual weakness. Honestly don't know why it wasn't already on his profile given how well known it is.
Stamina: Superhuman (Fought a snow giant for several weeks straight[122], fought through Cul's army for 40 days and 40 nights straight[123])

Range: Standard melee range physically, Multiversal+ via his abilities (His clash with Seth was affecting every plane of existence[124], has access to any time and place in creation[66])

Intelligence: Genius, devised a plan that included faking Thors banishment to expose a traitor in Asgard[125], used Ego-Prime as a way to evolve certain humans into new gods that could be presented to the Celestials[126], let Thor fight Surter unaided so that the battle would weaken Surtur before Odin began his attack[127], allowed himself to be transformed into Surter as part of a plan[128] that would result in Thor banishing Surtur and Ymir and leaving them in suspended animation[129], laid out a plan to defeat the Dark Gods, going as far as wiping his own contingency plan from his memory to ensure it works out[130], was called a master manipulator by Loki, who relayed Odins plan of using the World Trees weakened condition to his advantage by banishing all Asgardians to earth and stripping them of their memories to trick Yggdrasil into thinking Ragnarok had already occurred and thus allow the Asgardians to continue living without fear of the event, and while he had initially planned for Thor to defeat Seth and restore the memories of the Asgardians he had a back up plan of having 3 individuals with Thors powers to serve as his replacement should anything happen to him[131]

Weaknesses: Requires to take the Odin Sleep once a year to replenish his powers

Name, Age, Classification:
Adding more of names to his... name, bumped his age up from millions to billions of years old since he's older than the moon, and added onto his classification a bit more.
'''Name:''' Odin Borson, Woden, Wotan, The All-Father, Wulf the Wanderer, Odin One-Eye, Odin Giant-Killer, Odin the Usurper

'''Age:''' Billions of years old (Predates humanity and one of his battles with Surtur resulted in the creation of Earths moon<ref name=JIM99/>)

'''Classification:''' Asgardian God, Skyfather, Former king of the Norse Gods and member of the Council of Godheads, God of Life and Wisdom, Raven God

Quote and Image:
Changed the quote to something I personally find better but obviously it's no big deal if it's not used. Also the current image used for his profile is from a video game and not the comics so I used a picture of Odin from one of the guidebooks, but again it's no big deal if the image doesn't get changed either.
Aye. I am an old man--foolish and fond, and quick with my temper. There are times I show little wisdom. And yet...here is wisdom. The strange wisdom of the world-tree I gave this eye to. The tree that is everything. That has its roots and branches in all that is. There are ten realms in this reality--ten spheres, ten universes, and the tree winds through them all. Through every star and planet. Every hero and villain. Every life. Every story. I am Odin Borson, who built the world from corpse-meat. I am Odin One-Eye, and sometimes my one eye is open. But above all, I am Odin All-Father. I am the one who speaks for the tree. I am the king of all stories...and you are my child.

LSh60mb.png

Attack Potency:
I didn't make any changes to the justifications for his stats with the exception of removing this one feat;

While weakened and thinking like a mortal, he fought with Seth, who could destroy Yggdrasil

I've been working on a profile for Seth and while researching him I found out he'd actually been weakening Yggdrasil for months before he attempted to destroy it himself so it's not actually a tier 2 feat.

Last edited:
Also I gotta head out and do some errands so if you point out some issues with anything here or have any questions I ain't gonna be responding for a few hours.

Sweet christmas, good job on that. Looking good at a glance

Also conceptual manip should be type 1 because Master Order and Chaos are conceptual type 1s

You left the Summary section out, but aside from that, this looks good.

Also conceptual manip should be type 1 because Master Order and Chaos are conceptual type 1s
I see, easy enough change then.

You left the Summary section out, but aside from that, this looks good.
Ah thanks for pointing that out.

Oh I also forgot to mention in the OP (I'll put in there in a minute), but I removed the part of his AP section about fighting Seth who could destroy Yggdrasil since during my research into Seth for his eventual profile I found out he'd been weakening Yggdrasil for months before he tried destroying it so it's not a good justification for the tier 2 stuff.

should be comparable to Thor, who could regenerate after a spear pierced his chest

Why would he be comparable? They're both not normal asgardians, so its hard to compare

Perception Manipulation (Can create visons of himself and choose who can see and hear them[86], forced Tony Stark to perceive infinity[65])

This is also sense manipulation

Spatial Manipulation (Seidring with Odin's powers could distort the fabric of space to deflect Thor's attacks)

This is also attack reflection

Conceptual Manipulation (Type 2 - He and Dormammu warped reality to the point of affecting Lord Chaos and Master Order in a game of chess, but the match ended inconclusive, so the changes in reality disappeared. Odin explained that both he and Dormammu have to be evenly matched to not cause a cosmic imbalance at the end of the game[50])

This is also law, probability and chaos manipulation because Chaos embodies the chaos that is randomness, and order embodies law and order. At least according to their profile

Last edited:
Why would he be comparable? They're both not normal asgardians, so its hard to compare
I dunno, I left it there because it was already on his profile

This is also sense manipulation
Sure

This is also attack reflection
Eh, he's not reflecting the attacks directly back at Thor he's just making sure none of his blows hit him

This is also law, probability and chaos manipulation because Chaos embodies the chaos that is randomness, and order embodies law and order. At least according to their profile
Law Manipulation should be fine I think, but the chaos stuff would be for Dormammu since Odin was the one who was governing the order side of the game while Dormammu was governing chaos.

something else about his Classification, is that Odin is a Stone Age/Prehistoric Avenger (or The Avengers of 1000000 B.C.)
Oh right, keep forgetting the stone age avengers is a thing

Does he really not have holy manipulation? Or blessed?
Nope, he's never shown any ability that's explicitly holy or been shown to have been blessed by another being afaik

This is probably fine, except for that I want to keep his current classic quotes from before Matt Fraction and Jason Aaron completely distorted, defiled, and character-assassinated his personality.

Last edited:
I have unlocked the page. Tell me here when you are done.

Thank you. I have locked the Odin page, and will close this thread as well then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back