• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel/DC Crossover feats

Bigshroomsticc

She/Her
should be applicable. . . JLA/Avengers along with the follow-up All/Unlimited Access should be considered canon. Just look at what Kurt Busiek, writer of JLA/Avengers, says about people who try to dismiss it as non-canon:

"I’m kind of impressed by the number of people trying to logic out ways to say it’s okay that JLA/AVENGERS isn’t canon. You don’t need to do that. It’s not puzzling or complicated. It’s acknowledged by both companies. It doesn’t need special status. It’s just plain normal canon." lmao

Wait, there is more:

"This is a very odd article. It asks the question, "Is JLA/AVENGERS canon?" then says, 'well, it's complicated,' proceeds to point out that yes, it's canon in both universes, and sums up with an 'I guess we don't know' conclusion. It's not that complicated." - @KurtBusiek

I used to think Unlimited Access was non-canon myself, but honestly there is plenty of evidence supporting Marvel vs DC and Unlimited Access being canon: so I'd say it is canon to Marvel (616) and Post-crisis DC.

Comics being canon to each other doesn't automatically mean we scale them to each other.

Even when they were the same rating there's really no justification to scale Superman to Beta Ray Bill or the like. They have their own franchises with their own consistency issues anyways.
That's actually fair, I'm just saying that if it isn't too inconsistent the crossover feat should apply. Like I don't see why PC Superman vs Thor for example would be considered inaccurate to their power levels. All the crossover adds is more high-ends and low-ends for all these characters. The fan voted ones obviously might get wonky though.

Last edited:
Like I don't see why PC Superman vs Thor for example would be considered inaccurate to their power levels.
Personally speaking I feel like if you asked most authors they would lean into them being comparable. Its why authors that have written for both Superman and Hulk always assume both are roughly in the same strength category whenever it gets brought up.

But the site is more for power listings and all that. Maybe this would work when DC and Marvel had the same general 4-B ratings or if DC randomly becomes 3-C/Marvel gets reverted back you could use it as supporting evidence, but there's no way you can give any character a solid justification based on the crossovers. Besides maybe the Brothers and that one dude from the first major one. The rest have either their own stuff or are just better suited to only focus on one company.

Personally speaking I feel like if you asked most authors they would lean into them being comparable. Its why authors that have written for both Superman and Hulk always assume both are roughly in the same strength category whenever it gets brought up.

But the site is more for power listings and all that. Maybe this would work when DC and Marvel had the same general 4-B ratings or if DC randomly becomes 3-C/Marvel gets reverted back you could use it as supporting evidence, but there's no way you can give any character a solid justification based on the crossovers. Besides maybe the Brothers and that one dude from the first major one. The rest have either their own stuff or are just better suited to only focus on one company.
Ah, understood. Although what I was basically saying is stuff like Iron Man taking on Aquaman or Wonder Woman fighting Hercules should count if it lines up with their other feats outside of crossovers. Obviously DC universe has changed several times since then and so has Marvel to a lesser extent. Marvel basically just gets amps and loses them to bring popular characters back to their previous levels lol.

The problem moreso lies in how unreliable it is in the long run. Lets say, Thor gets upgraded to 3-A or whatever, and then we scale Superman to Thor. Then we would have to scale everyone who scales from Superman to Thor. It's not really a good idea to then scale a huge portion of the verse to a feat that happened n a completely different continuity with a completely different staff, editorial, and context. Heck, we're usually pretty hesitant to cross-scale comic characters to other continuities within their own multiverse.

Back