• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Cosmology Revision

17181936JRp762BE
The Blog where the Revision is detailed specifically is here. Essentially Earth 616 has an immensely impressive feat that backscales to the likes of the Lords of Shamballa and Fallen Stars, who despite their Tier 1 ranks which was evaluated by WoG and approced to be Tier 1 are viewed consistently as nigh-fodder to those who are currently At least 2-C.

Statements that realms such as Crossroads of Infinity and Heroes Reborn ... and eveeven other Realities are hinted to have deeper cosmology / are viewed as merely universes:

• Heroes Reborn was intended solely to be a Universe parallel to 616 in structure , but was stated to be a lesserreality (Heroes Reborn)
  • Realities were stated to be Archtypal and Platonic within some of the newer comics... With them specifically stated tohave a different definition of time anspace in comparison to regular science.
  • Realities and People were stated to have the potential to reachthe levels of Tier 1 that the Shamballa is on, such as the former Sorcerer Supreme reaching Shamballa and becoming one via sheer power, but most are limited to the Illusion of Reality and the Dream of Existence (Shamballa and Man-Thing / Strange Tales).
  • Realities containing Tier 1 Constructs which should be impossible of they are only 4-D, such as the Multiverse being contained within one reality during Man-Thing, one reality containing the Citadel, etc.
Feats & How 616 Being that powerful would Affect the Verse if DeMatteis Stuff is considered canon (and also why I tried to make sure it wasn't because I knew the implications ... But it was proven to be canon... Thusly this thread had to be made in order to either purge or accept the statistics those comics give us):

The Below bullets will be under the assumption that DeMatteis' comics are considered to be canon due to a multitude of referencing from several writers and almost 10 different sets canon Marvel material... from the Classic Era to Ultimates

What Scales:

Anyone capable of either destroying 616 in it's totality , Heroes Reborn ,Crossroads, 616's Branching Realities , or All Realities . It likely would affect the Multiversal Abstracts as well.

Note: I am actually vehemently against this upgrade & all that it stands for... As it embodies everything myself and Antvasima doesn't want to see in Marbel... But this is not about my opinion so much as trying to go through and just go through and evaluate all things that may result on some form of an upgrade that could theoretically result in otherwise bloated statistics. And yes despite my wants for this thread to be disagreed with... I would appreciate those effectively evaluating it. I also hope to come up with a lowball of either 2A or High 1B for this instead of 1A... But that isn't for solely me to decide.

Hooooooooooooo boi.

Haven't been brushing up on Marvel's cosmology for a long time now so I'll wait for Matt, Hykuu and Sandman31 to respond.

Seriously tho, what has happened to our Marvel Comics? It wasn't this complex last I checked.

Yeah but that was before DeMatteis literally changed the surface of the lore:

Regular Marvel Readers: Wow Marvel is easy to understand now despite it's current inconsistencies

DeMatteis is like: Hold my Swamp Thing

I already sent out links to Hykuu and Sandman... Matthew... I'm unsure of. He seems to try to dodge being a part of these threads a lot... Like I sent him the 2-A revision and he still hasn't responded... Despite the fact that he's been a part of a lot of other threads since then... Even right now. So since I'd rather not bother him or Azathoth... I'll just exempt them out of this until he is really jeeded.

Does anyone have any questions about this while we wait for either Hykuu or Sandman to evaluate this ?

@Hykuu I will send ot to you whenever I can as it's highy obscure... I was going solely off of memory when I made that bullet point.

@KLOL Neither do I... hence I'd rather not bother him since I'm likely one of the cause of his frustration towards Marvel.

@Prince .... Yeah it would. That's why I need some special help evaluating this. I mean at bare minimum I'm more than happy just letting 616 just be 2-A or skmething... But this needs to be addressed fully before we reach that type of conclusion.

I think that the DeMatteis stuff severely contradicts the scale of everything else, and has been either retconned or ignored to death at this point. We should preferably do the latter as well. 1-A almost everything, regardless of whether it makes any logical sense, is completely out of the question.

Okay. Thanks. Ultima as well?

My main issue is that let's say we accept it as legit, it massively inflates the showings of most cosmic characters. Suddenly 90% of the 2-Cs are suddenly 1-A despite the massive contradictory showings that would crop up.

I say just take it as a legit but contradictory cosmology showing.

I agree that there are too many enormous contradictions in the way to accept this.

I agree with Ant and Qaws, trying to make sense of these inconsistencies and portrayals of the cosmology in this manner will just lead to inflated stats.

Antvasima said:
I think that the DeMatteis stuff severely contradicts the scale of everything else, and has been either retconned or ignored to death at this point. We should preferably do the latter as well. 1-A almost everything, regardless of whether it makes any logical sense, is completely out of the question.
Agrer with Ant

I think I have said something about shamballa before. But shouldmt really be seen as a 1-A feat for Strange, if anything it could only scale to God. The cosmology of DeMatteis isnt really based off on only Hinduism but more on the teachings of Meher Baba. You can understand about God/Divine conciousness and its relation to souls from his book God Speaks.

Anyway, this is from Wikipedia. Meher Baba describes the journey of the soul from its original state of unconscious divinity to the ultimate attainment of conscious divinity. The whole journey is a journey of imagination, where the original indivisible state of God imagines becoming countless individualized souls which he likens to bubbles within an ocean of infinite size.

In DeMatteis cosmology, everyone is 1-A, the true self of humans is one with God. Actually, no, everyone is not 1-A because there's no individuality. Individuality is just an illusion. You cant really scale anything to God. In this case Strange didnt really attain a "similar nature to God" but he went past through the illusion of Maya and touched his "true self" that is one with God. As the the comic said all of us are Lords of Shamballa

Im against giving 1-A rating based on DeMatteis feat, not only because its so contradictory and even if we accept it then no one but God should be 1-A

Thank you for the evaluation Sandman31.

I would greatly appreciate if The 2nd Existential Seed accepts your explanation of how DeMatteis' reasoning and mythology functions, and never ever brings up this subject again, because his several years long campaign in this regard has made me severely tired of the subject at this point.

I agree with Sandman and lot of what others have said.

This just feels it will inflate various Marvel statistics to an extreme degree and goes against so much of what we've seen. Then you add on the fact that this hasn't been releveant in years and I get the feeling this is just kind of a one off thing that, despite it's scale, doesn't really seem to impact the vast majority of Marvel. That's especially notable given that Marvel's Cosmology has really been changing in the last few years. Finally, as mentioned, even if we did accept it, due to the nature of the DeMatteis feat, only really God would scale.

Honestly, I'm against it and feel like, given everything, the DeMatteis feat would just lead to a major headache that isn't really worth dealing with in the end. So not only isn't it really relevant in the grand scheme of things, I feel like the implications could potentially lead to problems down the line.

So, since this has been rejected, should we close this thread?

I agree with what I was said, using only DeMatteis's view for the most part both goes against how we scale comics and marvel's continuity, as marvel has gotten a dozen retcons after heroes reborn regardless.

Back