• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics Zeus abilities addition

BFR:

Water manipulation https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-59f3bfb347f627c7c8456afd5905045e-lq

Immortality type 4:

Weather manipulation: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/uploads/scale_super/12/124590/3683576-1656009842-29776.jpg

Abstract Existence: All the Gods are personifications of different things: Hercules is the Is the personification of man is one example.
They are also created by Human beliefs and are described as non Physical beings.

This obviously gives them non Physical interaction too.

Last edited:
Not that i'm aware of.
In the Incredible Hulks #622 when Hulk needed a favor from Zeus. Zeus refused and battle Hulk. Although Hulk didn't fight back, the only punch he threw was to vex Zeus as we could see Hulk making fun of Zeus.
He offered himself as a sacrifice for the other Hulks but was later freed by Hercules.

Also, forgot to put that in the OP, but Zeus should also have immortality type 3 as well. Regeneration is already accepted on the profile so that isn't a big deal.

Sure
Regeneration negation: Damages hulk so much he can't Regenerate.
At least not fast enough.
https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-f60668ec72f54535c4e65cc3994ec54a-lq
Not sure how this suggests Regeneration Negation
Weather manipulation: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/uploads/scale_super/12/124590/3683576-1656009842-29776.jpg

Abstract Existence: All the Gods are personifications of different things: Hercules is the Is the personification of man is one example.
They are also created by Human beliefs and are described as non Physical beings.
I agree
I remember the context behind this single image, so I think it should be fine

Limited regeneration negation seems fine to me at least.

Okay. Never mind then.

For the abstract existence thing I think that's fine but it'd be type 2 not type 1. The scan doesn't say they're non physical beings just that they're "more" than physical bodies, they can evidently still be touched by normal things like any other physical being can as shown by, well, pretty much every appearance they have, so they shouldn't get Non-Physical Interaction just for that either (Although I think the Greek gods should get it regardless, recall a storyline where the olypians turn intangible but can still hit each other but I can't remember what it is so ignore this for now. Think it was the marvel adaptation of the iliad)

Besides that I think everything here is fine, also agree that the regen negation is vague.

Also, forgot to put that in the OP, but Zeus should also have immortality type 3 as well. Regeneration is already accepted on the profile so that isn't a big deal.
It's only High-Low, which I don't think qualifies for Immortality Type 3
He also has Size Manipulation: Turned Giant.
Here is a better way to link to wiki images:

https://world-of-marvel-and-dc-comics.fandom.com/wiki/File:1637854-incredible_hulks_621_007.jpg

Anyway, size manipulation of himself seems fine.
Is that really him turning giant? Because I'm looking at his legs and it looks more like it's just a visual image, not him actually being a super massive giant

For the abstract existence thing I think that's fine but it'd be type 2 not type 1. The scan doesn't say they're non physical beings just that they're "more" than physical bodies, they can evidently still be touched by normal things like any other physical being can as shown by, well, pretty much every appearance they have, so they shouldn't get Non-Physical Interaction just for that either (Although I think the Greek gods should get it regardless, recall a storyline where the olypians turn intangible but can still hit each other but I can't remember what it is so ignore this for now. Think it was the marvel adaptation of the iliad)

Besides that I think everything here is fine, also agree that the regen negation is vague.
Well, those gods we see most of the time aren't the real them. Just what human mind can came up with.

It's only High-Low, which I don't think qualifies for Immortality Type 3

Is that really him turning giant? Because I'm looking at his legs and it looks more like it's just a visual image, not him actually being a super massive giant
I think that he was partially phased out of regular reality at the time to avoid destruction to the surrounding area.

Does that matter?
Actually, if Zeus has shown the ability to regenerate from lethal wounds, then I guess it won't matter, since it's just the effectiveness that is affected

But I'm pretty sure that having regeneration alone doesn't qualify
3: Immortality via regeneration: Characters with this type of immortality can simply regenerate from wounds that would normally be lethal, though its effectiveness depends on the degree of the regeneration.
I think that he was partially phased out of regular reality at the time to avoid destruction to the surrounding area.
Hmm, well I haven't read the comic yet, but if that's true, then I guess it should be fine
Though, i found he apparently can Change Fate.
Neutral

Well, I am just trying to interpret the image in question, given that I think that Zeus moved Mount Olympus to near New York in that story.

Okay. That seems better to use then.

I don't know about that he looks to be his normal sized.
Though, there is one panel where he is like in the clouds and is huge. Can't find the scan though.

EDIT: Typhon does indeed look huge in the first panel, so that is definitely size manipulation.

Last edited:
I don't know about that he looks to be his normal sized.
Though, there is one panel where he is like in the clouds and is huge. Can't find the scan though.

EDIT: Typhon does indeed look huge in the first panel, so that is definitely size manipulation.
Yes. That seems perfectly fine.
I think This could be used as something. He looks huge.
Probably not, and is that even the Marvel Comics version of Zeus?

Probably not, and is that even the Marvel Comics version of Zeus?
Ya.
I think it's from Trojan war.

Also, Here are the Olympians shown to be intangible. So intangibility for Zeus. And they can hurt each other too. So non physical interaction?
If you are wondering from where that scan is, it's from Marvel's trojan war. Though i think there are two comic depictions of the war so yeah.

But is that a comic book about the Trojan War published by Marvel Comics, or one that actually takes place within the main Marvel Comics continuity? For example, Marvel publishes comic books about Star Wars as well.

But is that a comic book about the Trojan War published by Marvel Comics, or one that actually takes place within the main Marvel Comics continuity? For example, Marvel publishes comic books about Star Wars as well.
It sure is yeah.
Marvel explicitly notes it takes place within 616 reality. Old one and New one. It also links to other Marvel comics aswell.

Marvel also writes comics for Alien and Predator too so i know not everything Marvel writes is in their continuity. That, however, isn't the case here.

It will be abstract existence type 1 (thought, mind) for the Gods right? But in my personal opinion, it look more like type 2 than type 1

Last edited:
Oh found i remembered This scan, zeus controls water. So water manipulation for him.
That also seems fine then.

Is somebody willing to add what has been accepted here to Zeus' VSBW page?

Back