• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Character Profile: Hela

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
With the release of the Thor: Ragnarok teaser, I developed the interest to create a profile for Comicbook Hela here, and so I researched her feats. Will share them here, and give my conclusion on her Tiering.

Final Conclusion:

Hela is evidently a Skyfather level character, and should be ranked at Multi-Galaxy level scaling from the likes of Odin and Mephisto.

So from what I've seen so far, this is the current rankings for Marvel Norse beings:

1. Pantheon-powered Destroyer that battled the Celestials (Low 2-C scaled from Celestials)

2. Twilight Sword Surtr (3-A feat of burning Yggdrasil)

3. Base Surtr + Odin + Hela (Proposed by Matt) (Multiple 3-B feats and statements)

4. Thor (Odinson and Jane) (4-B feat of destroying Surtr's portal)

5. Loki (Low 5-B feats from killing Earth/ King Loki)

6. Other Asgardians: Heimdall, Balder, Angela (7-B scaled from Carol)

... The more I think about it, the gap between characters are ridiculous. The Thors are 10e30 times more powerful than Asgardians that are already leader level (Balder, Heimdall) and 10e22 times weaker than characters of the next tier. Remind me why Marvel powerscaling is BS again? Why the Hel would Asgard need armies led by City level leaders when it has a Solar System level prince who is in turn inferior to his dad who can destroy galaxies? I can understand if the realm rulers (Odin, Hel and Surtr) are of similar levels, but this is ridiculous.

Oh, also, we really need to ascertain the tier for Cul and Bor (real talk though, they'd be pretty much scaled from Odin in-story).

Edit: You know, Thor has been fighting Hela and Mephisto since the Silver Age, and in Modern Age has defeated Cul and Gorr, who are clearly in-story Skyfather level. Wouldn't this support more for an upgrade of Thor to Multi-Galaxies level, just on a lower end of Multi-Galaxies level compared to Odin?

After that Carol calc, I'm positive we can pretty much toss the ranking system out of the window. Also please check and give feedback to my edit up there

Also a Bloodlust Berserk Brunhilde defeated She-Hulk with ease, though She-Hulk did make her bleed a bit.

However, I will say this: The average Asgardian is simply a strong Superhuman alien. It's only those that come from Odin's lineage that seem to be impressive.

@Byakushiki/Matt

How would you guys rate Cul Borson? He's Odin's older brother who's described as vastly exceeding all other Asgardians and he shattered Captain America's shield.

@Ever

Well obviously we can't have Odin's brother who battled One-Eye for the throne of Asgard vastly inferior to Odin himself, right? Plus full power Cul was confident to kill Odin. So full power Cul is 3-B, in-story anyway. Fear Itself is full of PIS

That's why I said it was PIS. Odin needed an entire army to just destroy Earth in order to purge the fear Cul feeds on, while he can just snap a finger to do so. Cul appears out of nowhere to replace Jormundgand as Thor's destinied nemesis is BS

Back