• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Martial Artist Clash: Sakura Ogami VS Tai Lung

Both at 8-C

Speed is equalized

Fight takes place inside The Sports Festival Stadium

Both start at one side of the Stadium each

Tai Lung is completely unharmed

The Ultimate Martial Artist, Sakura Ogami:0

The False Dragon Warrior, Tai Lung:7 (Armorchompy, Oleggator, DaReaperMan, GyroNutz, Popted2, AbaddonTheDisappointment, I'm_Blue_daba_dee_daba_die)

Inconclusive:0

Sakura-Oogami-dangan-ronpa-37305129-1280-720.jpg
2474d28895cf765015d06d3f2b19db02.jpg

Last edited:
Sakura's really skilled, however so is Tai Lung but more importantly, the latter has incredibly dangerous pressure point skills and far higher LS which leads me to want to vote him.

Basically what Armochompy said. They're about equal in AP, despite Sakura being not having many feats (I'm guessing mostly her stats are scalings and statements, she fought Monokuma is only feat I can think of but that's basically enough). So Tai Lung showed to be very skilled by beating 5 martial artist each who was training martial arts for years, training for years by himself and in entire film being very skilled. And he can easily use his pressure points.

So, Tai lung for superior experience, pressure points, higher LS and likely higher AP since Sakura scales while Tai Lung upscales from his

I think Sakura does have a couple of good feats in side material but I doubt it's enough

From my experience and from the fact that danganronpa at first is detective game Sakura haven't shown many feats(Usually that's why I don't like danganronpa in debates because mostly it's statements and assumptions with some exceptions and that's why I liked how talents were introduced in V3. But I at some point used to it). The only I can think of are trying to beat iron wall and fighting Monokuma. Maybe some other sources except for first ronpa can help but that's all I can think of but I believe Tai Lung still have higher expirience.

From my experience and from the fact that danganronpa at first is detective game Sakura haven't shown many feats(Usually that's why I don't like danganronpa in debates because mostly it's statements and assumptions with some exceptions and that's why I liked how talents were introduced in V3. But I at some point used to it). The only I can think of are trying to beat iron wall and fighting Monokuma. Maybe some other sources except for first ronpa can help but that's all I can think of but I believe Tai Lung still have higher expirience.
in her intelligence section it states "Sakura is a master hand-to-hand combatant who can easily hold her own against Monokuma's machinations and held a 400-win long international winning streak in tournaments" she could hold her own against 400 other martial artist and it gave her the title "worlds strongest person" i'd say shes pretty even with tai lung

Yeah but like, Sakura fought one at a time. Tai Lung fought five at once and they had way more dangerous techniques than Sakura's foes (and arguably better skill in general) and he mopped the floor with them.

Last edited:
I'm planning to adjust Tai Lung's skill feats, but essentially he's the most skilled out of all of Shifu's students, who already teaches the most skilled kung fu warriors in all of China. He was the first to master all thousand scrolls of kung fu, which contain the collective knowledge, skills and tactics of up to one thousand years of Kung Fu, and is furthermore stated to be a master at all styles of Kung Fu. Not to mention that he was shown to be a more skilled fighter than any of the Furious Five.

Also, he upscales from the 0.39 tons feat and is likely getting even better scaling soon (though probably nothing above Building level). I'll vote Tai Lung FRA.

Back