• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I intend to make threads calling for a downgrade of both characters, or at least both verses, very soon. Zelda's not the only verse I can bring some sense into, dang it! These Sonic stats especially are ridiculous.

Black Shulk said:
Yeah, some of the stats for Sonic are off as heck, and the Mario scaling for some of the characters is off as well.
Star level Geno from scaling to feats that didn't even exist when the game out?

WarriorWare said:
I intend to make threads calling for a downgrade of both characters, or at least both verses, very soon. Zelda's not the only verse I can bring some sense into, dang it! These Sonic stats especially are ridiculous.
pleas do

WarriorWare said:
I don't understand why would it be ridiculous, that stats seem perfectly normal to me.

WarriorWare said:
Hope it'll be a legitemate good thread, because I kinda agree with you on this.

Kevyn Souza said:
I never thought that one day I would come to say this, but apparently Mario speedblitzes Sonic...
Might wanna equalize speed, MFTL vs MFTL+ isnt a fair matchup

WeeklyBattles said:
Despite the difference in speed, Sonic has more useful skills than Mario (as Time Manipulation). I don't think an unfair battle, Sonic is far above in Hax.

Except it is an unfair battle as with unequalized speed Sonic would be speedblitzed before he has a chance to use any of those abilities

Kevyn Souza said:
WeeklyBattles said:
Despite the difference in speed, Sonic has more useful skills than Mario (as Time Manipulation). I don't think an unfair battle, Sonic is far above in Hax.
Mario has time manipulation as well.

Their called battle cards and badges.

Mario is only mftl+ with warp star (doesn't matter since speed is equalized), super and hyper sonic are invulnerable and both last longer than starman, and also white tanooki suit isn't invulnerable and can be killed by hyper flash, so basically sonic stomps hard so I vote sonic

Mario has a few of ways to ignore durability. Gold and Ice (plus shatter follow up) to be exact. It takes Hyper to even match Mario. That runs out. Stuff like White Tanooki and such boost him to better levels. Granted, Sonic's time stuff can probably help.

Also I'm positive that Color powers are outside help. Like giving Mario !Switches. And that's a shame because Void would be Sonic's best chance

They're sentient.

@Crop. Freezing plus shattering. Which Mario does. Not every ice user freezes and shatters the ice with the person in. Just look at Gray.

@Weekly I believe he is saying that since the wisps are sentient, individual entities separate from Sonic.

EDIT: Cal ninja'd me.

Wait is sonic a higher level of multi solar system meaning his invulnerability/invincibility will actually matter (if not it won't matter)

He would actually have to freeze Sonic first, whihc is hard when the Ice Flower never works against someone on his level (ineffective against Bowser). Sonic could also quickly break out of it, but this is assuming he can even hit Sonic in the first place as he can fly naturally.

Game mechanics. Funny enough though, Gold actually will work on Bowser. Also, ice isn't exactly easy to break out of, especially when it's a fast freeze. And Mario has like 5 different ways to fly. Tanooki, Red Star, Wing Cap, Cape, and Flying Raccoon. At least.

Also, Jumpman can jump pretty high. Flight is still better, but it can be countered somewhat.

The Fire Flower can affect Bowser and I made no argument against the Gold Flower. If a power-up can hurt him it'll happen.

Ice in fiction=\= ice irl. Link I showed you proves just that.

It was just a statement on my part. Never said you did.

Here's a comparison. Stop and Graviga in FF and KH works on most people, but not bosses. Does that mean they're useless in Vs Battles? Same case applies here. Not to mention that the ice flower can hurt Bowser, and a powered up one at that, in Partners in Time.

One example does not mean ice always ignores durability. I forgot to add how most of Mario's flight power-ups are only gliding.

Problem is, Mario has shown to do what the link shows. Just that Noctis makes it look so much cooler, and I was positive I could find a scene on it. And that only applies to Raccoon and MAYBE Wing Cap. The others are clearly flight.

Could some one give a real rundown on Mario's abilities cause it only says many more which doesn't give me full info on Mario

Boo. Intangibility

Ice. Self explanatory lol.

Gold. Transmutation into a coin. Splash effect.

P Raccoon. Indefinite flight.

Cape. Indefinite flight.

Red Star. Flight.

Metal Cap. Being metal + invulnerability.

Vanish Cap. Intangibility + invisibility.

Apparently there's a super suit that negates all status effects including timestop.

Back