• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The Smashor said:
Equalizing speed is stupid since Sonic is FTL while Mario only has FTL reactions
that is to make sure no one can blitz stomp as if a person who so fast they can just wail on the person before they can react that's not exactly fair

TISSG7Redgrave said:
The Smashor said:
Equalizing speed is stupid since Sonic is FTL while Mario only has FTL reactions
that is to make sure no one can blitz stomp as if a person who so fast they can just wail on the person before they can react that's not exactly fair
That would be fair if the speed gap between the two wasn't so massive.

here is a sample to give of: a person with 75c (c is how many times faster than light he or she is) vs a person who is 74c the 75c wins because they are a lot faster even though the numbers don't seem big. You don't have to be twice as fast to blitz

@TISSG7 Does it really though? Is it farfetched to assume that when the person gets faster their perception of speed will also alter? For instance for us, humans, the difference between 1 mph and 2 mph is nothing; while for snails the difference between 1 mph and 2 mph could be seen as huge. Couldn't this sort of logic also apply to people FTL.

it does like say a person in a fighter jet had a watch that was sync with a person on the ground after it's done the watch that was with the fighter jet is moving faster than the one on the ground so it should have alteration in it's perception. That's why if a person is even 1c faster it's a huge difference in a sense but i'm no expert in this someone may give a better explanation in this

Sorry, but I don't really understand your example. My example seems logical to me, so if you can disprove that.

i'm not the best in explaining this @FTW.

Is it farfetched to assume that when the person gets faster their perception of speed will also alter?

To put in what i meant it does the faster you are the more your perception increases so should apply to everyone i think but keep in mind perception doesn't automatically make you able to react to the EXACT same speeds but similar ones yes

Yeah, this depends on how similar we consider 74c with 75c, we could assume they're similar enough for my logic to take effect or we could assume that they aren't similar enough. I don't know how we can come to a solid conclusion on this tbh.

Back