• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Basically the fight starts out with both using conventional attacks and, when those don't do anything, resort to more potent hax. At that point though it all comes down to who hax's who first, so incon.

so things related to painting are not yet accepted in mario's profile so I will not take it into account.

well, so mario has in his favor things like flip and the battle card that has transmutation to turn his opponent into goombas and mushrooms, and he has his force nullification field that will protect him from hits, but on the other hand once it breaks (which would only take a few hits) and since mario also doesn't know anything about geotigmas he would be infected.

also the fact that possibly mario won't start with his effective hax's, so I guess I will vote incon

One more left
k9w0fwc1ish51.png

so things related to painting are not yet accepted in mario's profile so I will not take it into account.

well, so mario has in his favor things like flip and the battle card that has transmutation to turn his opponent into goombas and mushrooms, and he has his force nullification field that will protect him from hits, but on the other hand once it breaks (which would only take a few hits) and since mario also doesn't know anything about geotigmas he would be infected.

also the fact that possibly mario won't start with his effective hax's, so I guess I will vote incon
I'd argue that the flip wouldn't help Mario all that much, since even in spm he can still be hit by enemies in both planes. It just depends on the dimensionality of the enemy itself. Like, Bosses are properly 3D and can hit him anywhere, whereas the 2D enemies like goombas can only hit him if he's on the same plane. Could be wrong though.

Seph also resists transmutation.

I'd argue that the flip wouldn't help Mario all that much, since even in spm he can still be hit by enemies in both planes. It just depends on the dimensionality of the enemy itself. Like, Bosses are properly 3D and can hit him anywhere, whereas the 2D enemies like goombas can only hit him if he's on the same plane. Could be wrong though.

Seph also resists transmutation.
Pretty certain he can only get hit by enemies in the plane he flipped to

Pretty certain he can only get hit by enemies in the plane he flipped to
IIRC people like Bonechill can hit him in both due to being 3D

Fracktail is the example that comes to mind immediately

I don't think it's entirely useless though. He can definitely use it to dodge some stuff, I just don't think it'd give him complete invincibility

IIRC people like Bonechill can hit him in both due to being 3D

Fracktail is the example that comes to mind immediately

I don't think it's entirely useless though. He can definitely use it to dodge some stuff, I just don't think it'd give him complete invincibility
cept that just means they can interact with lower d people, cause flip turns him 2d, sephi has not shown feats of affecting 2d so the point about flip not helping here is moot

2D still occupies space, if Sephiroth uses something that takes up that entire space I see no reason why he can't hurt Mario.

2D still occupies space, if Sephiroth uses something that takes up that entire space I see no reason why he can't hurt Mario.
yes it does occupy space, but that doesnt mean you can interact with it, you cant interact with the drawing on a piece of paper, but even then that would not properly describe what 2d is to 3d and the fact that you cant touch it, it is less interactable than a drawing is to a person, hell i could make an arguement that sephi wouldnt even see mario would light would not be able to even reflect off him him

yes it does occupy space, but that doesnt mean you can interact with it, you cant interact with the drawing on a piece of paper, but even then that would not properly describe what 2d is to 3d and the fact that you cant touch it, it is less interactable than a drawing is to a person, hell i could make an arguement that sephi wouldnt even see mario would light would not be able to even reflect off him him
I can interact with a drawing by erasing it and destroying the paper it's on. Sephiroth still has spells that spawn directly on the person, and Seph also has clairvoyance and ESP to see Mario anyway. Seph also has telekinesis to keep Mario in place for that, something he likes using in this key.

I can interact with a drawing by erasing it and destroying the paper it's on. Sephiroth still has spells that spawn directly on the person, and Seph also has clairvoyance and ESP to see Mario anyway. Seph also has telekinesis to keep Mario in place for that, something he likes using in this key.
yes, so can sephi destroy 3d space cause that would be the "paper" that mario is on

Back