• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario vs Isaac (Golden Sun)

I think this is the third time we've tried to have the Golden Boy get back at Mr. Video Game for not being allowed on the Smash Roster.

Anyways, I really don't know right now. Isaac and Mario both have power lists that are stupidly long, and also resist an insane amount of things. It's hard to make a good call, but considering a lot of Mario's abilities require certain power-ups/gear, we could argue that a lot of his crazier abilities and manipulations probably aren't in-character first moves since he needs to do things like switch out Power-ups.

Isaac's Djinn seems a bit more manageable and useful, since using them to switch things up and change stratagy also means Isaac can realease thier power for extra effects. So taking the time to 'change gear' is actually useful for Isaac, where Mario might need a second or two to get the right power-up or gear.

Mario's most dangerous ability though is probably the Time Manip. Isaac doesn't have Time Manip himself (I don't think Halt counts, at least) and he doesn't seem to have a direct counter. It's seems like the only really useful and impressive ability Mario has that Isaac doesn't also have in some way or can at least fight back against.

But, that still does require certain cards/gear, while Isaac's abilities are a bit more ready to go, his natural element is the one that uses Soul Manips anyways for example. His durability negation is probably also good since Isaac weirdly has more attacks that do that than is probably nessisary. (To my knowlage) Isaac's only offical BFR is an ability that makes the foe flee from battle and never return, and his mind control is an ability that makes a foe either attack thier own allies or themselves. Kinda useful, but probably not win-cons.

Also I'm pretty sure Mario has the advantage in AP for scaling from a Black Hole (I think, can't find the calc because all the pages scale to each other, hate when that happens), while Isaac is some unknown amount stronger than a supernova via scaling and a powerup.

There's just so many powers and gear I don't know what the best call is right now, but Isaac does have a handful of abilities that Mario doesn't seem to directly counter, and might be more likely to use them before Mario does, but that's only because I'm assuming from not knowing for sure.

Back