• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
> completely ignored my big wall of text to save Mario's tier with Jo reasoning as to why the agreement of downgrading Mario was made and why my reasoning was disagreed with

If this feat were to be calculated it'd probably give 4-B to 4-A results.

The Power Star is basically moving several stars at once to create a constellation. Mario and co. can defeat beings empowered by Power Stars so they scale.

The story's consistency doesn't mean they can't get stronger,in Dark Gaia's case it was almost complete when Sonic harmed it & EXTREMELY weak when it performed it's 5-A feat, so much that it scattered into tiny pieces afterword,you should reconsider the scaling,every game character that hits "weak points" should get revised to a lower level for the sake of consistency.

He harmed his eyes, which are weak points and are much weaker than the rest of his body. Sonic also needed help, so he won't return to 5-A.

For Sonic, I don't think weakpoints should be used as a reason for the downgrades, unless even weaker characters can damage Dark Gaia through said means.

Ask, for Mario, since Cal already went into detail about how speed downgrade is debunked, I'll focus more on the AP since that's most of the people's main focus. The AP will remain. This is mainly due to the fact that it's not even highest level of AP Power Stars can achieve. Galaxy level is....so far at least. And since it can create realms with a miltitude of stars, absorbs all the stars at night in order to create even more stars and a constellation, and we actually see Lumas turning into actual galaxies, nothing contradict it's power. Most of the problems from the rating revolves around the constellations, which according to the Celestial Body Page after the revision, is only Large Star level, hence I removed the related feats. And Mario is not even Tier 2, nor has anyone proposed such since we have turned it down 2 years ago. Whether you oppose the series or not, I don't care. But please actually discuss with legitimacy, not with spite. And don't falsely accuse the site for behaviors that are discouraged and regulated by rules.

Dino Ranger Black said:
For Sonic, I don't think weakpoints should be used as a reason for the downgrades, unless even weaker characters can damage Dark Gaia through said means.

It's not only about it, Sonic regularly struggles with High 6-A beings and is inferior to 5-B Chaos 6.

@Dark649 Eyes are actually more durable then a skull IRL believe it or not,no reason to assume Dark Gaia's are any different.

@Dark

Other 6-A characters? Who else is 6-A? Where the feat even come from? IIRC, Sonic and Knuckles defeated Chaos 6. How are they inferior?

Chaos 6 shouldn't be used as an eternal linchpin as to why Sonic can't be currently tier 5 considering Perfect Chaos should be superior in every way & Sonic dispatched him quite easily later on in the series.

Dino Ranger Black said:
@Dark
Other 6-A characters? Who else is 6-A? Where the feat even come from? IIRC, Sonic and Knuckles defeated Chaos 6. How are they inferior?

Dark Gaia eyes being more durable that his body is headcanon. Sonic and Knuckles defeated Chaos 6 by hitting its core, which its weakest and very less part like the same happened in Generations. The manual states that their attack does nothing that that form, sorry but Azathoth told me that this 5-A Sonic had to be downgraded.

It's in the thread i posted, he struggled with the Eggrobo, which was powered by an entire planet's biosphere which was said to be calced at High 6-A.

@Dark649 Not really,Light Gaia Colossus who is equal to Dark Gaia wailed on it's Imperfect & Perfect forms several times,it's eyes would've exploded if they were that vulnerable.

Light Gaia never directly aimed at his eyes during the fight and the game was programmed that only Sonic could damage them.

Dark649 said:
Azathoth pointed out good things, but i want to say more:
That Chaos Illusion was much weaker than its normal self since what it is said in game is contraddited in what is seen in the game since Shadow oneshotted a much weaker version of himself that was considered equal, even weak resistance fodders can destroy them.

That Eggdragon is much weaker than the original as Implied by Tails and Eggman. Classic Sonic hurted weak glass parts of the Death Egg as the Avatar and Modern Sonic mainly destroyed it, by watching it is seen that Classic Sonic used basic rocks to damage them. Classic Sonic remains 8-A+, also to maintain the scaling.

Ultimate Emerl is High 6-A and was overloading with energy, so is not 5-B since it could not sustain it, Sonic also easily stopped it.

Sonic destroyed Perfect Chaos by hitting its much weaker weakpoints and after that game he regurarly struggled with High 6-A beings. Same deal for Dark Gaia since he damaged his eyes, which are much much weaker than his normal dura.

Mecha Sonic and Imperator Ix are 4-A, not 2-C since they have not showed stuff of this level.

So no Sonic character will be changed.

You've got to be kidding me. When I hit "Save Changes" all of my text dissapeared. Also Mecha Sonic and Ix are powered by the master emerald witch can cancel out the potentially 2-C chaos emeralds.

Now then, Emerl was stated to be able to destroy the planet. He's 5-B, no questions asked. Knuckles can tank hits from Chaos 6 and Sonic can damage knuckles and vice versa. Knuckles can damage Sonic who can take hits from Perfect Chaos.

Im not appealing to authority though? Im literally just telling you what he said, not giving my opinion on what i think about it.

Not really, aside from that one all the 4-A feats he is currently rated by are only High 4-C due to our rules about how we treat constellation feats

There is the feat performed by Paper Mario. And the feat performed by King Boo. There are also other higher tier feats in the tier 3 and tier 2 range that I listed in the post above, but I'm not trying to upgrade the verse, I am just saying that 4-A isn't inconsistent.

Paper Mario's feat is dubious at best and nothing implies King Boo directly created the realm the 4-A feat comes from

No, Paper Mario's feat is valid, it being cartoonish does not mean it isn't a feat. It's literally a feat performed by Paper Mario. The art style is not enough to invalidate the feat.

And it is implied that King Boo created the realm. Not only does he create it, he also manipulates it.

I completely agree with Dino Ranger Black regarding the Mario character ratings considering he's the Mario expert; also, Mario characters are not overwhelmingly weaker than characters who clearly demonstrate Galaxy level feats, so 4-A may not need to go anywhere, but some change in description would probably be better.

Also, Dark and Azzy already covered the Sonic stuff, so no changed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back