• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

mario is really 5,1 tall?

I guess not, I think nintendo lied about the real mario's height . Seeing mario odissey I can say that he is child size, unless the humans in the game are giants. What do you guys think about that?

Nintendo doesn't care, Kirby is 8' but is the size of a small car and is friends with a normal human girl of similar height.

And don't get me started on Pokemon heights.

It's best to just consider Mario... quite a bit shorter than the average man, and leave it at that. I mean if you just look at his proportions, his head is often 1/4 to 1/2 his body. He is like a Hobbit... (It's not just an art choice because other characters have had normal proportions).

They aren't striving for realism or consistency.

Pixel scalings involving character heights are rarely accurate; not just Nintendo or video game characters. Samus is supposed to be 6'3" in her Zero Suit, but Other M portrays her as being shorter than most of the male characters. Raiden from Mortal Kombat is another good example; he's stated to be 7 feet tall, but he appears no taller than 6'1" Johnny Cage or 6'2" Scorpion and Sub-Zero. Even 6'8" Jax towers over Raiden like her does every other human character. There have even been a couple scenes where Chiaotzu and Krillin from DBZ look more like 3 feet tall than they do 4'10" or 5 feet respectively. And don't even get me started on Super Smash Bros.

Anyway, character height scalings through pixels are just almost guaranteed to be inaccurate.

Heck, even out of Smash. Samus is supposed to be 6'3" without power Suit. Kirby is supposed to be 20 cm. In Kirby's Dream Land 3, he's half the height of Samus.

Back