• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I mean, you can technically make prep-time demon matches now where they've ****** up the environment before the match started.

too bad the marauder is getting passive tech manip and completely negs iron man lmao
I don’t think it’s combat applicable. Otherwise a lot of doors and stuff wouldn’t work.

Marauder actually is pretty close in range to iron man judging from the profile. Cacodemons (who are also 8-C) could swarm him and spew acid over his armor.

All of the demons he can summon have some sort of range.

I don’t think it’s combat applicable. Otherwise a lot of doors and stuff wouldn’t work.

Marauder actually is pretty close in range to iron man judging from the profile. Cacodemons (who are also 8-C) could swarm him and spew acid over his armor.

All of the demons he can summon have some sort of range.
A lot of that stuff is powered by stuff like Argent or Wraith though, which this doesn't seem to work on.

The OG game doors were not. They worked fine with demons around.

Iron man’s tech is also much more sophisticated too.
Fair. But that also doesn't really make sense considering the timeframe we're given for it.

Maybe that stuff just wasn't taken into consideration back then or just wasn't an idea?

What's the AP difference right now? Marauder is a super heavy and scales >>>>>> above the Heavy demons, and they scale to a .88 ton feat.

I feel like the Marauder's shotgun will lose most of its bite if Iron Man flies away, so Tony's range and mobility advantage is very good here.

Yeah, range is very important here. Is Tony gonna sit at range and try to abuse it? I know he has sometimes, but he doesn't always seem to.

True, but it's relatively slow and easy to dodge. As for Tony, assuming he doesn't get one-shot (which he shouldn't most of the time) even if he tries to go H2H he'll immediately regret that and switch tactics once he understands the AP gap.

True, but it's relatively slow and easy to dodge. As for Tony, assuming he doesn't get one-shot (which he shouldn't most of the time) even if he tries to go H2H he'll immediately regret that and switch tactics once he understands the AP gap.
I thought Tony was Leading in AP?

Repulsor beams are very blatantly kinetic force in comics and I think the same should apply for the MCU. Lasers are heat tho

Yeah, pretty sure Repulsors are Concussive blasts rather than heat beams. But his lasers aren't doing anything to the Marauders shield which has 8-A heat resistance.

Iirc his lasers are one-use in this key so they don't have a huge role in this fight. Might be wrong tho

What other ranged attacks does Iron Man use? If he doesn't have ranged options he'd be basically forced to fight within the Marauder's range

I mean, not really, the Marauder needs to put his shield away to attack and Tony can just attack then. But mostly repulsor beams yes.

To be fair, the Marauder can pull out the shield extremely quickly. It'd be pretty hard to catch him off guard. Also, what can Iron Man do about the Marauder amping his damage & speed and such, or reducing the damage he takes as well?

Would this just turn into a stamina match?

Back