• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maou Gakuin Discussion Thread

Well yeah, that's not counting the scaling I saw from a very reliable person about two layers of boundless for Anos for never having a future where he is defeated and those futures are infinite, this doesn't seem like a coincidence, it clearly proves that even boundless can't beat Anos
My one friend is a boundless anos believer 😂

Well it's a shame that Saitama negs gg via conceptual evolution boundless against Garou where he gains a tier 0 layer with every punch
Don't forgot Saitama sneeze literally can destroy the whole boundless tier with a single sneeze

So I just read the Text Manipulation explanation page (did not know that power extended to affecting the outside world by rewriting books, I thought it was just limited to affecting the stuff in the book) and watched the Castlevania video beyond the parts that the Plot Manipulation linked to. Certain people may have a point about some things and certain characters possibly having powers they shouldn't...

But I could be wrong and missing something.

@Everything12 Castlevania case is valid. I don't blame @EldemadeDityjon for thinking it is unfair that the character has it based on the justification they have.

But it is worth noting that @Theglassman12 said that he will create a deep blog about this since it is heavily dependent on the verse mechanics and can't be explained easily in the justification.

I understand the concerns that some people has, but again, MG does not qualify for two reasons

- there is not a single r>f relationship or interaction or any manipulation in that direction.

- Not a single metaficional element has been mentioned. No author, no narrative, no plot. Nothing.

- the series itself is not metafiction to begin with.

It is blatant text manipulation, 5th possible use.

In addition to the but, we are trying to achieve plot manipulation via this possible use:
  • Users may be able to retroactively change the past, by changing what is recorded about the past in the plot.
From what I've read about the book of traces, there is no "text" or "words" in the book, but scenes from the past being played as if it were a movie or a video, besides but, this is metafictional, even if the work is not done with the intention of putting metafictional differences between the characters or things like that, the way the God sees the book of tracks is metafictional nonetheless.

Types​

• The materialization of the event - the ability to translate into reality the events recorded in text form.
  • History changing - rewriting of the events occurred in the past for a specific person or for the whole world. In some cases, these changes may lead to changes in real time or even affect the future.
- Text Manipulation

From what I've read about the book of traces, there is no "text" or "words" in the book, but scenes from the past being played as if it were a movie or a video, besides but, this is metafictional, even if the work is not done with the intention of putting metafictional differences between the characters or things like that, the way the God sees the book of tracks is metafictional nonetheless.
If it doesn't have metafictional attributes, then it isn't metafictional and isn't Plot Manipulation. Just reading the past in a book is not metafictional, it is seeing reality itself (not a recording of past events) as a fictional construct. This isn't Plot Manipulation or metafictional.

Yes but this is not what happening in the book of traces
If it doesn't have metafictional attributes, then it isn't metafictional and isn't Plot Manipulation. Just reading the past in a book is not metafictional, it is seeing reality itself (not a recording of past events) as a fictional construct. This isn't Plot Manipulation or metafictional.
  • History changing - rewriting of the events occurred in the past for a specific person or for the whole world. In some cases, these changes may lead to changes in real time or even affect the future.
Books of traces doesn't work like that changing Contents inside book doesn't change outside world or real world. Book of traces is a seperate things which stores the events and records of real world. Like a Documentary.
There is clear cut feat for changing characters and events in an instant without making any temporal or some other Causality Manipulation. Also there is clear cut statement for event manipulation not Causality Manipulation.

And Documentary can be plot though 🦆
A narrative, story, or tale is any account of a series of related events or experiences,[1][2] whether nonfictional (memoir, biography, news report, documentary, travelogue, etc.) or fictional (fairy tale, fable, legend, thriller, novel, etc.).

New question, what do you mean reality has to be? The possible use tells the past, there is no way for someone to see the past as a present reality, as far as I know, with the book of traits you can change the past of the world (or character) and affect the present with it, no and how if the past in the book is nothing more than a video or something, and literally the past of the world in a book, being changed by a God who owns the book and changing the present with it, how does that not fall squarely in possible use? (although my main question is: how does one see the past as reality itself? The past itself in the book of traits and the past reality in the world)

New question, what do you mean reality has to be? The possible use tells the past, there is no way for someone to see the past as a present reality, as far as I know, with the book of traits you can change the past of the world (or character) and affect the present with it, no and how if the past in the book is nothing more than a video or something, and literally the past of the world in a book, being changed by a God who owns the book and changing the present with it, how does that not fall squarely in possible use? (although my main question is: how does one see the past as reality itself? The past itself in the book of traits and the past reality in the world)
It is not changing the past.

Book of traces is a seperate reality which is like a Documentary of the world. Everything is real but it's exists inside the book where you can look it up as movie but affecting book of traces won't change anything in real world.

It is not changing the past.

Book of traces is a seperate reality which is like a Documentary of the world. Everything is real but it's exists inside the book where you can look it up as movie but affecting book of traces won't change anything in real world.
Didn't the God of Traces say the only way to change the past was to brainwash it? Or was it Anos who said something about it?

Last edited:
Didn't the God of Traces say the only way to change the past was to brainwash it? Or was it Anos who said something about it?
You see only way to change the book of traces is by changing the past

But you can't change the past by changing Contents inside the book of traces. Book of traces already keeps the content like some documents you can't just tamper with it. Only Graham has feat for changing whats recorded inside book of traces.

Note: Both past and Book of Traces exists as Seperate reality where Book of Traces contains the copy of Past inside the book and World has the real Past inside of it.

For example Anos destroyed World copies of things which are recorded inside Book of Traces but it doesn't affected the reality but if you change the past it will affect the Reality.

You see only way to change the book of traces is by changing the past

But you can't change the past by changing Contents inside the book of traces. Book of traces already keeps the content like some documents you can't just tamper with it. Only Graham has feat for changing whats recorded inside book of traces.

Note: Both past and Book of Traces exists as Seperate reality where Book of Traces contains the copy of Past inside the book and World has the real Past inside of it.

For example Anos destroyed World copies of things which are recorded inside Book of Traces but it doesn't affected the reality but if you change the past it will affect the Reality.
I get it, but how exactly would plot manipulation work if it were accepted? Plot manipulation just for Graham? Plot manipulation for the God of traits (within his "sanctuary") and for Graham?

I get it, but how exactly would plot manipulation work if it were accepted? Plot manipulation just for Graham? Plot manipulation for the God of traits (within his "sanctuary") and for Graham?
For now it works for Graham and chief gods and Reason Manipulation characters. Anyway that's for later whoever gets it

So would Anos also have plot manip
Either two verses gets removed from having plot manipulation or Anos gets the plot manipulation instead because Current argument has same reasoning. I don't think people would use double standards to reject plot manipulation Anos or accept plot manipulation for Castlesvania & vampire D.

Back