• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
So I've been listening to a lot of You Wa Shock and Jojo Openings. And the sheer manliness that exudes from those tracks alone inspires this thread.

Who are some of the manliest, most badass characters you know in fiction and state why. Be it feats of strength and badassery, manly themes, and/or just looking like sheer manliness incarnate.

If need be I'll do the top 5 format if this gets enough traction and people ask for it.

Lost Paradise Kenshiro Rendered
Jonathan joestar anime 0
Kamina
Captain Falcon Ultimate

Emperor confronts Horus
"The Emperor loves no one man. He cannot afford affection - that is the honest practical for the impossible task that faces the Master of Mankind. He did not love His sons, He does not love men, but He does love mankind."

Guts and Kenshiro are also good choices, yes.

Yeah, I like when characters are manly not only because of looks but also when they show actual manliness, like Kenshiro fighting for what is right and shedding manly tears for his opponent, Knuckle putting his life in danger for hundreds of thousands of people and just to get 8 punches on his unbeatable enemy to get revenge for his buddy on him, only later to respect that opponent because he noticed his effort or Kamina for basically his entire character

SpookyShadow said:
Yeah, I like when characters are manly not only because of looks but also when they show actual manliness, like Kenshiro fighting for what is right and shedding manly tears for his opponent, Knuckle putting his life in danger for hundreds of thousands of people and just to get 8 punches on his unbeatable enemy to get revenge for his buddy or Kamina for basically his entire character
Seconded. Though Kenshiro and Jonathan Joestar were already mentioned, so I went with Phoenix Ikki as a good third place. Heroism, companionship, strict but loving friend and one hell of a big bro towards Shun. Also gets some pretty darn emotional fights in the story.

Taking on the entire world by yourself is pretty manly, not to mention the Gods of the verse, twice, and live to tell the tale

Tesla gahkthun

Earthworm Jim as manliest *Drops the Mic* and he is not even human. He is just a dang worm.

But for real I have two contestants for manliest these guys would like to step in.
Dark Schneider (1)
Spawn (1997)
Earthworm jim by zeefster-d46dp3z

Maybe not the most famous "manly man" in fiction, but definitely one of the best IMO.

Dante (DMC)

Shuda from Rave master; absolute badass. Nothing manlier than a man who does proudly does ballet, does the protagonists sister after the protagonist kicks his ass, treats her right and is an absolute badass through it all.

Plus his sword is a sheath for another sword.

ShudaRavecoloured

Back