• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel_Champion_07

VS Battles
Retired
Last edited:
Ok, so first things off, Superman scales to 9 megatons while Genos' AP scales above 13 megatons but his dura is 13 megatons. So not really a differential AP difference and this won't really matter in the long run. Similar to LS, while Genos does have superior LS, he's unlikely to use it in most cases as his fighting styles doesn't have a lot of grappling. While Genos could immobilize Superman with his arm trap thing he used against Garou, he only used it in a pretty specific situation, where Garou just swooped in to rip his arm off, so under most scenarios, I don't see Genos utilizing his superior LS to win.

In term of abilities, Supes definitely has the edge. Most of Genos' gear isn't gonna help him that much. He's unlikely to use Adhesive Manipulation, something Superman could avoid with flight. And Superman is generally more versatile, with heat vision he can use to melt Genos while keeping a distance, shockwaves, and freeze breath to stop Genos in his tracks, and its unlikely for Genos to be able to get close to him for close combat when Superman has super hearing with planetary range and X Ray vision, meaning he can just fight at a distance while avoiding close contact with Genos. And addition to superior flight makes it difficult for Genos to even hit him. His temperature manipulation would also likely allow him to resist Genos' energy attacks if he ever gets hit, and low mid regen should heal any wounds he receives. His flight means he could just BFR Genos in space.

As for skill well, I don't see how Genos is able to utilize this much, considering his general fighting style is just ora ora. Superman himself is also no slouch in the skill department, and even if Genos' skill was better if we scale him to human Garou, Superman still has the superior range to back him up.

TL;DR, I think Genos could win if the fight goes into close combat, but Superman's roughly equivalent stats, better versatility and range should earn him the win. Supes wins mid diff

So

Does this Superman's Solar Flare need some sort of prep or something ?
Even tho it's restricted I'll still answer your question and no it doesn't require some sort of prep or long build up it's something he can just do, it will just leave him powerless for days afterwards since he's basically taxing himself releasing all of his solar energy reserves at once

Also yeah I agree Superman FRA

No idea how Superman wins, he's weaker, and all of his abilities are useless against Genos. Genos has a much better chance of landing his ranged attacks than Superman
with heat vision he can use to melt Genos while keeping a distance, shockwaves, and freeze breath to stop Genos in his tracks, and its unlikely for Genos to be able to get close to him for close combat when Superman has super hearing with planetary range and X Ray vision, meaning he can just fight at a distance while avoiding close contact with Genos.
You're ignoring the fact that Genos can fire homing lasers from his shoulders, and has massive energy attacks of his own. It's odd for you to give Supes the range advantage here.

Who would win in a ranged battle;

Superman: Thin laser vision that he doesn't spam vs Genos: A character with more powerful ranged attacks that home on the opponent and are also wider and therefore harder to dodge

Also, Genos can emit flames capable of vaporizing ROCK. There's no chance of ice holding him down. for long enough to do anything. Also that frost breath tends to have pretty short range.
His temperature manipulation would also likely allow him to resist Genos' energy attacks if he ever gets hit,
That's not how his temperature manipulation works. So no to that.
His flight means he could just BFR Genos in space.
So he has one valid win con. But on the other hand, there's no reason that the MHS+ Genos could just propel himself back to Earth within 24 hours.
TL;DR, I think Genos could win if the fight goes into close combat,
I'm genuinely confused. Genos uses melee a lot, sure, but he is more than willing to spam ranged attacks close up and far away, so this whole "he could only win at close range" argument holds no water. He would win at both with his 1.4x AP difference.
better versatility
He has frost breath that wouldn't work against Genos and some shockwaves that are borderline useless given his opponent is stronger and the inverse square law exists. He has x-ray vision, but that's useless unless he's aiming for Genos' core, which he couldn't get his hands on.
range should earn him the win. Supes wins mid diff
I already discussed this, but I wanted to add that a weaker Genos has taken his own heat beams, (which are more powerful than superman's), while injured, and only his hair was damaged. So Superman's heat vision is kind of worthless.

Superman: Thin laser vision that he doesn't spam vs Genos:
Supes in SM&L uses his heat vision pretty damn often in combat along with his other abilities though moreso his heat vision more than anything and it being thin like literally means nothing?
A character with more powerful ranged attacks that home on the opponent and are also wider and therefore harder to dodge
Just going to point out this Superman has literally dodged laser fire from dozens of Kryptonians all at once in aerial combat and is no slouch at handling projectiles coming at him from different directions he's pretty mobile in the air
Also, Genos can emit flames capable of vaporizing ROCK.
Got a temperature for that? Supes heat vision is at exceeds 2000°c pretty casually he can also tank this much heat as well also casually being comparable to his beother who was fine being basically right in front on the sun
He has frost breath that wouldn't work against Genos and some shockwaves that are borderline useless given his opponent is stronger and the inverse square law exists.
Fair
He has x-ray vision, but that's useless unless he's aiming for Genos' core, which he couldn't get his hands on
Has a lot more than that read his entire enhanced senses section he can track Genos from anywhere on the planet

I already discussed this, but I wanted to add that a weaker Genos has taken his own heat beams, (which are more powerful than superman's), while injured, and only his hair was damaged. So Superman's heat vision is kind of worthless.
Superman has also endured heat vision blast??? And you still gotta give a temperature aside from just having 1.4x AP of Superman

Supes in SM&L uses his heat vision pretty damn often in combat along with his other abilities though moreso his heat vision more than anything and it being thin like literally means nothing?
I'll concede. I was more thinking of DCEU Superman's heat vision usage.
Just going to point out this Superman has literally dodged laser fire from dozens of Kryptonians all at once in aerial combat and is no slouch at handling projectiles coming at him from different directions he's pretty mobile in the air
Speed is equalized. Including projectiles. Also Genos's beam attacks can be multiple meters wide.
Got a temperature for that? Supes heat vision is at exceeds 2000°c pretty casually he can also tank this much heat as well also casually being comparable to his beother who was fine being basically right in front on the sun
Not an exact one, but he's able to vaporize two mountain tops in 1 attack in his start of series form. For reference, lightning is like 10 times hotter than this supe's heat vision, and that's not vaporizing jack sh*t. Ie Genos' heat attacks aren't even comparable to Superman's. Genos is in a whole league of his own. Also, why would he ever dodge 2000 degree laser vision if he could just casually tank 6000 degree heat.
Has a lot more than that read his entire enhanced senses section he can track Genos from anywhere on the planet
Yeah, but Genos isn't a stealth fighter. Being able to see him anywhere in the world is useless if he's standing right in front of you anyways. I guess it gives him an advantage against Genos appearing behind him unexpectedly, but that's not a strat Genos relies on.
Superman has also endured heat vision blast??? And you still gotta give a temperature aside from just having 1.4x AP of Superman
I mean I can do a calculation, but it's pretty clear that 2000 degrees celcius is not enough to vaporize mountain tops in a single energy blast. And All of my examples are for Genos that would be one shot by current Genos.

I'll concede. I was more thinking of DCEU Superman's heat vision usage.

Speed is equalized. Including projectiles. Also Genos's beam attacks can be multiple meters wide.

Not an exact one, but he's able to vaporize two mountain tops in 1 attack in his start of series form. For reference, lightning is like 10 times hotter than this supe's heat vision, and that's not vaporizing jack sh*t. Ie Genos' heat attacks aren't even comparable to Superman's. Genos is in a whole league of his own. Also, why would he ever dodge 2000 degree laser vision if he could just casually tank 6000 degree heat.

Yeah, but Genos isn't a stealth fighter. Being able to see him anywhere in the world is useless if he's standing right in front of you anyways. I guess it gives him an advantage against Genos appearing behind him unexpectedly, but that's not a strat Genos relies on.

I mean I can do a calculation, but it's pretty clear that 2000 degrees celcius is not enough to vaporize mountain tops in a single energy blast. And All of my examples are for Genos that would be one shot by current Genos.
Yeah I'll definitely give that to ya when it comes to temperature of blast not mattering in this case sense genos's would just be outright better considering these examples and yeah fair enough considering speed is equalized

I'll change my vote genos

Combat, Attack, and reaction speed are always equal, but travel speed isn't, in which Clark has big advantage. So he could evade Genos' blasts

So he has one valid win con. But on the other hand, there's no reason that the MHS+ Genos could just propel himself back to Earth within 24 hours.
So wait this is still valid then? If travel speed is applicable he manages to bfr him into space he could just fly him to the sun or some bullshit way faster

That's if he gets him to space

Good luck grabbing Genos and flying him to space with much inferior LS, not only that but Superman coming in direct melee range to grab him would result in Genos spamming Incineration Cannons right on his face or activating his Dual Blade Rush to stab him repeteadly.

Good luck grabbing Genos and flying him to space with much inferior LS, not only that but Superman coming in direct melee range to grab him would result in Genos spamming Incineration Cannons right on his face or activating his Dual Blade Rush to stab him repeteadly.
Lol my vote is still for genos notice I didn't change it I just thought that was funny since travel speed isn't affected by speed equalization apparently

Kal-el would shatter Genos body. His latest upgrade would fair better.

Kal-el would shatter Genos body. His latest upgrade would fair better.
Mate, Genos just won in this thread tf you on about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back