• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Makima vs Morgan Yu (1-1-1)

Makima's profile got updated. Changing my vote to Makima because of her improved form of Teleportation and even more Controlled Abilities. While Mindjacking every possible Devil & Fiend is a good win condition for Morgan Yu, Makima's win condition just becomes infinitely more easily achieved because of her Teleportation.

Dk anything about Makima, but from what I'm seeing, what stops Morgan from just mind jack her instantly or smth? Since it's thought-based, and he can resist all the mind fuckery of Morgan.

Dk anything about Makima, but from what I'm seeing, what stops Morgan from just mind jack her instantly or smth? Since it's thought-based, and he can resist all the mind fuckery of Morgan.
If I recall correctly, Future Devil shenanigans combined with an insane range advantage was her wincon

While Makima is in immediate Mindjack range, her starting move is to summon Devil Hunters then teleport away. Depending on actions taken, it'd either make this match a Stomp or a win for Makima because if Morgan Yu starts with Mindjack (Due to prior knowledge, it can be argued that he just starts with Mindjack) Makima can do absolutely nothing to win against Morgan Yu. If Morgan Yu doesn't start with Mindjack, Makima immediately teleports away because Makima would be like "Oh ****! He can mind control me!" then kills him with whatever devil she used to kill Katana Man's teammates.

Problem is, it's a matter of "Makima does this" and "Morgan Yu counters with this" and "Then Makima counters with this" It just goes back and forth because both of them have prior knowledge on each other's abilities. Morgan Yu knows Makima can summon Devil Hunters that can kill him, while Makima knows that Morgan Yu can just seal her body without her damage transversal protecting her. There is literally so many things they can both start with it's crazy. I don't want to say this a Stomp since Peppersalt has been putting so many bumps into this, but oh my god, Extraordinary Genius Morgan Yu may just straight up start with Mindjack and win instantly.

Range: Standard Melee Range; Hundreds of Meters with Weaponry and Psionic Abilities.[1]
  • Starting range: 10 meters

Yeah that's the thing, dude has prior knowledge, and EG. His wincon is just so much more likely. Makima has a wincon, but Morgan's wincon is way more likely.

Voting Morgan here. His Eg and prior knowledge make his wincon is more likely.

Back