• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
He says gojo wins because he’s Japanese I pointed out that makima is also Japanese and pointed out that that they’re both from Japanese comics made by Japanese authors who live in japan, eat Japanese food, live in Japanese houses, etc etc.

So his reasoning is flawed even if it’s a joke

He says gojo wins because he’s Japanese I pointed out that makima is also Japanese and pointed out that that they’re both from Japanese comics made by Japanese authors who live in japan, eat Japanese food, live in Japanese houses, etc etc.

So his reasoning is flawed even if it’s a joke
Resurrection (Per her contract with Prime Minister of Japan, when she is killed, some random Japanese citizen dies in her place)

Wait doesn't Makima have bfr via the Hell devil? she can also affect his organs via mold devil

Wait doesn't Makima have bfr via the Hell devil? she can also affect his organs via mold devil
mold devil we don't even see use his ability, but by default we can assume it likely won't bypass infinity. Even if it did it's vague how deadly it would be and Gojo can heal from organ damage iirc.
BFR could possibly work, but it also relies on a building size hand teleporting him to hell, wich he might be able to dodge.

Couldn't Gojo just win with Lapse: Blue? It's like Young Gojo's opening move. Don't think Makima could revive from falling into a hole in space.

Does young Gojo have any of his adult self hax? I haven't kept up with the series
At the very least, he does have Blue. He attempted to use Reversal Red, but failed. I don't know if it was ever clarified if he could use Domain Expansion. He does have Infinity, but it isn't on at all times in his Youth. However, given he'd know he's in a fight (Given SBA), he'd start with it already on. He can keep it on for I believe a day or days (Haven't read the flashback arc in a bit)?

Blue should be able to take out Makima as far as I'm aware. He kinda just puts up a hand sign, and a hole in space will open up where he points. Pretty sure Makima would get sucked in and die.

At the very least, he does have Blue. He attempted to use Reversal Red, but failed. I don't know if it was ever clarified if he could use Domain Expansion. He does have Infinity, but it isn't on at all times in his Youth. However, given he'd know he's in a fight (Given SBA), he'd start with it already on. He can keep it on for I believe a day or days (Haven't read the flashback arc in a bit)?

Blue should be able to take out Makima as far as I'm aware. He kinda just puts up a hand sign, and a hole in space will open up where he points. Pretty sure Makima would get sucked in and die.
That's not gonna end Makima lol

He needs purple and Domain expansion to bypass her contract

That's not gonna end Makima lol

He needs purple and Domain expansion to bypass her contract
Why not? I get other attacks like blasting her to pieces since that damage would transfer to others. But if he creates a hole in space and she gets pulled in, she just kinda disappears from space. How can she transfer that to another person (I'm somewhat aware of her abilities since I read both JJK and Chainsaw Man, tho I'm only in the Bomb Devil arc)?

You can make this young version of Gojo high like he was against Toji and he’s still shredding the whole CSM verse.

Literally everyone would fear Gojo even worse than they do Makima 🗿

Why not? I get other attacks like blasting her to pieces since that damage would transfer to others. But if he creates a hole in space and she gets pulled in, she just kinda disappears from space. How can she transfer that to another person (I'm somewhat aware of her abilities since I read both JJK and Chainsaw Man, tho I'm only in the Bomb Devil arc)?
Oh thx for clarifying

This is prolly gonna go how his fight with the cloning bounty hunter went. He just pulls them into Blue and Makima gets deleted.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Doesn’t Makima literally need an outside person to say Gojo’s full name for her death manipulation to even work 👽

Couldn't Gojo just win with Lapse: Blue? It's like Young Gojo's opening move. Don't think Makima could revive from falling into a hole in space.
Blue is attractive energy. Red is repulsive energy.
Blue will just pull/drag/crush her, not BFR her into a hole in space.
0075-003.png

Doesn’t Gojo also have power nullification? So he can nullify Makima’s abilities?
Not really. He managed to overpower a power null technique by pumping more energy into his own technique though. But he had to avoid a couple of power null weapons that can get through his Limitless.

Doesn’t Makima literally need an outside person to say Gojo’s full name for her death manipulation to even work 👽
She got plenty of people under her control to sacrifice.
She can know Gojo's name through the Clairvoyance listed in her profile, as she figure out the names of the random Yakuza assassins. (I think it is more likely that she interrogated some of her attackers on the train before killing them, but we're going with the profile) And Gojo isn't shy about revealing his name anyway.

I think Gojo's only win condition is Unlimited Void, which is his trump card, and something he'll like to avoid using since Domain Expansion briefly makes him unable to use his abilities.

But Makima has a few accessible win conditions.

1- She can mind hax him by giving him an order.

2- She can perform a ritual to remote TK crush Gojo. Note that this directly affects the body without damaging the clothes or surroundings:

3- She can get the Mold Devil to generate mold in Gojo's organs:
0046-003.png

4- She can get the Cosmos Devil to mindbreak Gojo with all the information in the universe (Gojo has Unlimited Void, but Yuji was unaffected by it because he was touching Gojo so it doesn't seem to target Gojo or make him tank his own attack).

5- The Ghost Devil's selective intangibility can potentially bypass Limitless. (though to be fair, the Ghost Devil died early in the series, and we don't know if Makima or Japan's Public Safety captured its reincarnation)

Blue is attractive energy. Red is repulsive energy.
Blue will just pull/drag/crush her, not BFR her into a hole in space.
I'm aware of that, though based on the description listed on his profile (With an impossibility being detected in space, and thus space tries to fix it by pulling in things) it would seem like it kinda just dura negs and rips them up whilst pulling them into the impossibility in space which closes soon after the technique is used. Thus why there's only a little bit of rubble left afterwards on some uses (Depending on the size and energy used) and why the bounty hunters heads just got deleted when they were pulled into Blue.
Not really. He managed to overpower a power null technique by pumping more energy into his own technique though. But he had to avoid a couple of power null weapons that can get through his Limitless.
Incorrect. Gojo does have power null via Domain Expansion which cancels out cursed techniques. However, I don't recall Young Gojo having it. I can't remember if he ever stated he did, but I think if he did he prolly would've used it against Toji.
I think Gojo's only win condition is Unlimited Void, which is his trump card, and something he'll like to avoid using since Domain Expansion briefly makes him unable to use his abilities.
Not true. Well, for 28 year old Gojo anyway. Gojo is very much willing to use DE. He did so in both fights he was in. Against Jogo (To counter Jogo's), and against the Cursed Spirits at Shibuya station (The fact they had to try to plan around Domain Expansion also shows he'd be willing to quickly use it). It's not an opening move, but it's in character for him to use it pretty quickly. Now with young Gojo pre-Toji fight, I agree with you since he hadn't used it once.
4- She can get the Cosmos Devil to mindbreak Gojo with all the information in the universe (Gojo has Unlimited Void, but Yuji was unaffected by it because he was touching Gojo so it doesn't seem to target Gojo or make him tank his own attack).
That's fair, though I think someone noted that his domain is innate and the information of it is stored in the metabolism of his soul or smth? Though you could argue they can just choose to not affect those they're touching but still need to resist it themselves (As I recall seeing a spoiler [for me since I only read physical copies] that everyone inside a domain is affected by its effects, including the user)

I'm aware of that, though based on the description listed on his profile (With an impossibility being detected in space, and thus space tries to fix it by pulling in things) it would seem like it kinda just dura negs and rips them up whilst pulling them into the impossibility in space which closes soon after the technique is used. Thus why there's only a little bit of rubble left afterwards on some uses (Depending on the size and energy used) and why the bounty hunters heads just got deleted when they were pulled into Blue.
I think that is a paraphrase of this page:
0069-015.png

He creates an impossible situation such as -1 apples, which in turn creates a magnet-like effect in space.
Don't think there is enough evidence to justify durability negation; the bounty hunters' heads (which produced a 'Grrnch' sound effect) and rubbles can be explained through crushing, and the rubble can also be explained by Gojo moving Blue away so it doesn't clutter the area (Gojo mentions that he doesn't control Blue well if it is large and close to him).

Incorrect. Gojo does have power null via Domain Expansion which cancels out cursed techniques. However, I don't recall Young Gojo having it. I can't remember if he ever stated he did, but I think if he did he prolly would've used it against Toji.
The guaranteed-hit attacks most Domain Expansions have bypasses/nullifies Cursed Techniques in its way (unless the opponent defends with a Simple Domain or an opposing Domain Expansion), similar to how Jogo's rock attack bypassed Limitless.
0015-010.png
0082-010.png

But Gojo's guaranteed-hit is basically the information transfer.

Young Gojo seems to have access to Domain Expansion, but he hasn't mastered it (it is unknown if he did during the battle against Toji, as his statement is after a time skip where he improved his mastery of other techniques):
0076-010.png

But if we are going with Gojo directly after the Toji fight, then it is safe to assume Domain Expansion isn't something that he learned or something that he can use during battle.

Not true. Well, for 28 year old Gojo anyway. Gojo is very much willing to use DE. He did so in both fights he was in. Against Jogo (To counter Jogo's), and against the Cursed Spirits at Shibuya station (The fact they had to try to plan around Domain Expansion also shows he'd be willing to quickly use it). It's not an opening move, but it's in character for him to use it pretty quickly. Now with young Gojo pre-Toji fight, I agree with you since he hadn't used it once.
The point is that Makima would likely resort to her win conditions (ex. mind hax) faster than Gojo would resort to Unlimited Void.
But I agree that if older Gojo can target Makima and all of the people/devils she controls at once, then he can pull off the win condition faster than anything besides the mind hax.

That's fair, though I think someone noted that his domain is innate and the information of it is stored in the metabolism of his soul or smth? Though you could argue they can just choose to not affect those they're touching but still need to resist it themselves (As I recall seeing a spoiler [for me since I only read physical copies] that everyone inside a domain is affected by its effects, including the user)
I think the 'rule everyone has to follow' applies to a small handful of Domain Expansions, such as the attorney guy's and a spoiler character. But for most of the Domain Expansions we've seen, it wouldn't make sense to affect the user since they generate straight-forward attacks.

Back