• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maka Vs Ruby

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadicalMrR

VS Battles
Retired
The last one is really outdated so i've decided to make a new one.

Both 8-A, Ruby isn't allowed silver eyes.

Speed equalized.

With Speed Equalized, I think Maka takes this no problem. Ruby doesn't have a way to get through the black blood dress once Maka activates it, and i would give Maka a slight dc and dura advantage.

I'd go with Ruby, she can as of the volume 4 promo that was officially released recently, she can easily bring down Nevermore with one blow, which it took all of team Ruby, all of whom were mcb, to bring down one of in the past. Back then Yang, Weiss, and Blake couldn't even harm the nevermore, so arguing that Maka could win because mcb characters couldn't damage her black blood armor is a moot point.

She also has better range, likely better hax via dust and the new reveals for her semblance (which should both probably be added to her page sometime soon), and Maka's best moves only work on those with evil souls.

Maka's closest thing to hax is soul perception, which won't do much for her here.

Ruby is so much faster that there would be no actual fight to begin with if it wasn't equalized. Flash would solo like 80% of the wiki with 0 effort if this wasn't a thing and we could hardly call that "Notable".

4-2 for Maka.

@Alexander

We base their ability based on their highest depicted feats and scaling (aside from outliers and speed equalization), and not by how similar the creator wants them to be to humans. For example Maka, and basically everyone in RWBY, including fodder characters, are consistently shown reacting to bullets, despite the fact that the author of Soul Eater seems to want Maka to be somewhat close to the level of a regular human.

@The Great ZZ

Ruby's aura isn't exactly quick to run out, and since she isn't evil Maka can't use any of her more powerful attacks, so all she has is black blood defense and her regular attacks, which puts Ruby at an advantage.

From what it seems I'm gonna side with Maka on this. And Ruby's speed isn't really a big deal to be equalized. Everyone's around her level of speed in RWBY verse even if it's stated it's her ability.

But yeah Maka's abilities should have her lead.

@COB

Which of Maka's abilities? All of her special attacks only work on those with evil hearts, and her black blood shouldn't make a huge difference, as Ruby can now one shot enemies that in the past no-selled MCB attacks from Yang

I'm confused, are we using post time-skip Ruby or pre? If post, she'd have more dust ammunition on her.

Blahblah9755 said:
@COB
Which of Maka's abilities? All of her special attacks only work on those with evil hearts, and her black blood shouldn't make a huge difference, as Ruby can now one shot enemies that in the past no-selled MCB attacks from Yang
It's true that Maka's deathblows are more effective against evil characters, but they should still pack quite a punch on good characters too. Don't forget it's not just her soul wavelength that matters during deathblows. The soul wavelength of her partner Soul is also relevant in the amount of damage done. When his form changes into a larger scythe, he's simply going to deal more damage just for being larger. How much more is totally subjective, since he's never actually hit something not evil during a deathblow.

I'd also agree that equalizing speed probably isn't the best way to settle this, but if that's how the discussion continues then I'd say the main point of contention is whether or not the Black Blood is durable enough to stand up to Ruby.

@Slaphappy iirc it's been stated that her soul wavelength makes it so her soul resonance attacks don't effect those who aren't evil. As for black blood, I'd still argue that Ruby could cut through it even in season 3, since she can harm a nevermore (which, keep in mind, no-selled attacks from the MCB season 1 Nora and team RWBY), even with a weapon she's untrained in, so with her scythe, especially with its recoil, she shouldn't have too much trouble cutting through the black blood

Also, since earlier people were talking about dust ammo, and about Maka having more/better abilities apparently Grimm Eclipse (which is canon and set between season 2 and 3) makes dust ammo standard equipment.

@Blah At the beginning of the story her Witch Hunt almost slices Black Star when she couldn't quite control it yet. There's a slight implication that it would've caused him damage as he was shown needing to dodge it. It's not as if the blade would've moved straight through causing no harm. At the end of the day, Soul is still a scythe, so if he increases the size of his blade he's going to cause more damage. Although, I don't think it's going to be much more damage if Ruby isn't evil.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. But still, that's only witch hunter, the weakest of her special slashes, and wasn't it directly stated that Kishin and I think demon hunter only works on evil beings? Also it's not like they knew about her soul wavelength back then, hell it's even questionable if the author knew about it.

But I digress, Maka's witch hunter still wouldn't put her at an advantage over Ruby imo, as Ruby has better range, dust amo, and has damaged opponents that no-sell mcb attacks.

Considering Ruby overpowered a nevermore at the end of volume 3 when she basically tackled the thing and sent it flying backwards (End of volume 3 nevermore are, in fact, stronger than the v1 nevermore, since grimm grow stronger from negative emotion as stated by Qrow), she should have no trouble breaking through Maka's black blood.

@Blah I don't recall it ever being stated that her deathblows ONLY affect evil beings. Especially since, as I said before, Soul is still a scythe. His blade is going to cut through pretty much whatever it comes in contact with. Maybe not everything, but definitely a human body.

@Morlock is there a calc on a nevermore's dura?

Morlock435 said:
Considering Ruby overpowered a nevermore at the end of volume 3 when she basically tackled the thing and sent it flying backwards (End of volume 3 nevermore are, in fact, stronger than the v1 nevermore, since grimm grow stronger from negative emotion as stated by Qrow), she should have no trouble breaking through Maka's black blood.
Pretty sure that that wasn't a nevermore...

It was a Griffon but it also killed Torchwick, but Ruby did casually kill a Nevermore in Volume 4

I was referring to when the giant nevermore was going after Pyrrha in Battle of Beacon and sent it flying back across the arena with a tackle and Penny's sword.

@The great ZZ

Rather than repackaging someone else's arguments (who don't follow our system anyway), please come up with your own arguments that do align with our system.

@Reppuzzan

Fine but I only did it because there were abilities for Maka that were not introduced in this thread that I wanted to provide.

Maka wins vie Noise cancelliation she can get rid of Ruby Aura and therfore her semblance. Aslo have you seen Manga Maka Duraabilty and regen. Bitch survied having a bigass hand thru her torso. Also her fight speed is fast as *** even cabable of dodging laser.s All of you ar quoteing that BS from the Anime that only applied to the Kishin Hunter in the manga she just cuts that bitch.

My vote is for Maka

Anime maka loses Manga Maka shitstomps

Chill out with the aggression, and Maka's anti demon wavelength only works on evil, and Ruby is basically the most pure of heart person in all of RWBY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back