• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maka Albarn and Soul Evans Abilities

The Maka Albarn profile is missing a few abilities she and Soul have access to. I thought it was because it's more Soul than Maka but otherwise it should presumably still be on the same page since they share. Not sure how to do this so I'll just hyperlink relevant pics.

First- I think this is technically on the page already but it bears repeating in any case- I could be wrong. Maka can not only hit souls, but people who transcend a physical form entirely.

Arachne's body is dead she is no longer in her body

Arachne has become 'insanity itself' she has no form

Soul feels no resistance to their attacks Arache outright states she has given up her physical form

After Arachne gets backlashed (see second section) she takes on a more standard form, but still isn't in her body - this is because she severed her webs- which were what she was moving her 'insanity non-physical form' through.

Arachne even reaffirms she's still not in a body

Secondly- Soul can combine his own talents with Maka's soul perception, this allows him to attack and hijack other soul-based powers and weapon

Arachne's insanity is spreading via her soul wavelength, which resembles a spider web - it's not literally a spiderweb- that's just how they envision it.

Soul can tap into these powers because of Maka's Soul Perception

And hijack the threads, remember, these aren't real webs.

He can play using other people's souls once Maka locks onto them, so to speak

Maka can pinpoint locate everyone at all locations around the castle, and Soul can hit them all

Arachne even is catching the backlash of it

This power advances even farther after they absorb Arachne's soul- Soul can now do it on his own (or rather, on his own with Maka)

Such as in the fight against Giriko Soul references his ability as a Death Scythe to absorb powers from souls- such as the Spider Quee

He gives a helpful diagram of how it works- he essentially produces an opposite 'signal' to what the enemy soul is giving off.

Once Maka locates the wavelength, Soul can play

And the enemy begins to feel the effects

And slows dow until finally

they come to a dead stop

Just one final mention that it's Soul's power and Maka's power

Soul and Maka work together, but he's capable of giving a solo act

He can unleash it via sound even when in his solo body - should be noted, he was out of control at the time, but there's little reason to suspect this ability can't be used normally.

He doesn't need to make a keyboard out of his arm, but he ca

His soundwaves are strong enough to rip up concrete

Stein seems to imply it's Soul's power, not something that he can only do via madness, and mentions Maka can enhance it

Final bit I think- targeting soul-based (as in, other souls, not Soul himself) abilities and equipment

These little moon things fire beams at the ship they're riding

While I'm not going anywhere near the laser argument, the one dude deflects them with "light bending"

Maka finds the wavelength controlling the little moons

and Soul plays

he calls it, "Soul Hack"

They stole the moons- the soul-based items

I think that's everything, I was told to make a thread about these abilities to see if they should be added to the page.

...Bonus Scan... Excalibur!

Do not worry, I'm responsible for making a thread respect on the manga itself, you might be helping me, respect thread is in court;)

Can you list the new powers & abilities that you wish to be added to the profile, and summarise any other suggested changes?

Here are several capacities of maka (I doç not all I believe) Soul Manipulation (Can attack non corporal traget, soul perception ect ...) Resistance to Mind Manipulationand mind Control (a fairly high degree, it can avoid sinking into insanity thanks to its anti-demon wavelength and the melody of Soul, Soul can also swallow the soul) Sound Manipulation Statistic emplification (the soul melody makes it possible to increase the capacity of maka and those targeted) Be careful, Maka can not directly attack the Soul, it must first weaken its opponent to Blood Manipulation (Resistance to physical and sharp attack through black blood) Possible One hit Kill (it only destroys the body and not the soul with Pseudo flight via witch ball, Regenerationn Low Mid

Soul Manipulation should presumably have mentioned (Can produce counter-wavelength to nullify opponent's soul-based abilities, 'Soul Hack' can take control of soul-based weaponry).

In case you need to list specifics in the parenthesis. Or just put those in the special abilities bar like mentioning techniques.

The one with the counter-wavelength of known as "Noise Canceling" and 'Soul Hack' is known as... Soul Hack

From what I'm getting and my limited knowledge of the series:

Sound Manipulation (Her Scythe, Soul Eater Evans, can turn his Scythe Arm into a keyboard which can release powerful sound waves that can shatter concrete and instill Madness in those who hear it as well as counter the Madness Wavelength of others), Soul Manipulation (Can perceive other souls, manipulate her soul's wavelength for a variety of purposes, and attack non-corporeal opponents, Soul can affect soul-based weaponry and swallow the souls of his foes), Blood Manipulation (Can control Black Blood, a synthetic fluid mixed with her natural blood to create armor and enhance her attacks), Flight (Can fly by channeling her Grigori wavelength through Soul to create wings), Statistics Amplification (Can bolster her own power and that of her allies with a Soul Melody), Regenerationn (Low-Mid, Black Blood seals virtually any non-lethal wound and can even save Maka from being impaled through the chest or brain), Resistance to Soul Manipulation and Mind Manipulation (Her Anti-Demon Wavelength and mastery of Black Blood grants her resistance to attempts to manipulate her, drive her into madness, or affect her soul)

This is only a draft, and it would likely be better to explain most of this in the Attacks/Techniques section.

Okay. I suppose that seems reasonable.

@Dodo

If you'd like, I can indeed help you with a respect thread, just tell me where to show up and I'll see about finding things you need.

Has the profile been properly adjusted? If so, we should probably close this thread.

Okay. Since Reppuzan and I accepted this earlier, feel free to make the adjustments if you wish.

@Dark649

Okay. I will check through the thread.

Made the changes.

Also, I just switched out her power to perceive the soul from Enhanced Senses to Extrasensory Perception, which seems to be more in line with what we consider seeing souls to be (like the Masadaverse characters for example), and linked mind manipulation to the bit of her sound manipulation that lets her drive people insane. That ok?

Monarch Laciel said:
linked mind manipulation to the bit of her sound manipulation that lets her drive people insane. That ok?
If you mean Noise Canceling (where she forces the guy attacking to basically come to a stop) then I think that's attacking the soul using a soul wavelength- not 'sound' per say. Various characters see/use their soul wavelengths with different methods.

Like Arachne's web. It's not a physical web- it's her soul wavelength spreading out. As such- wouldn't it be more appropriate to refer to it as soul manipulation compared to sound? The sound isn't what's messing with you- it's the soul wavelength.

Back