• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MAJOR ERMA OVERHAUL

I don't understand where the Low 7-B rating comes from.

Hmmmm... could be about crushing mountains not with a single attack, though, no?
At minimum the calc should be linked, though.

Hmmmm... could be about crushing mountains not with a single attack, though, no?
Worse case scenario, maybe a likely rating?
What's the difference between crush and fragment? To make an object made of solid rock be flattened from pressure (which is what crushing is) you'd need fragmentation since rock isn't ellastic in any way and it would snap under pressure and shatter.

Oh sorry i only woke up like 20 mins ago and replied while i was sleepy, i didn't properly see the post.

Ok so for a proper reply now, i see no real reason for that. I am willing to link what's needed but at the same time the only that is in plural here is mountains. People usually don't say "crush mountains" and imply that it needs multiple hits. It's crushing in the first place, it is done via applying pressure until something is crushing so it would be done with pressure applying attacks rather than several hits or punches. I understand your concern, we don't give 5-B to those who bust the world/universe and such since it could be done overtime, but this isn't often the case for mountains, especially considering they were "crushed" and not just destroyed, there were several, and, as I've mentioned in the High 7-C explanation, there are already mountain toppling creatures out there introduced.

Eh, I'm not sure where your confidence comes from that for mountains nobody would say it, but for worlds, they would.

I think it should be likely/possibly Low 7-B.

It's too bad the moon thing didn't seem to be done by moving the moon

Eh, I'm not sure where your confidence comes from that for mountains nobody would say it, but for worlds, they would.
because this isn't a "destroying the world" type feat but a "crush worlds" type feat. if someone said they'd crsuh a planet, you would very clearly understand that they wouldn't punt the planets many times to crumble them but rather that they would apply pressure to them until they'd crack.
If someone crushes a can they don't start hitting it with a stick now, do they? They'd do it by either applying pressure with hands or foot. So i very much doubt that a feat like this in a series with no cases of weird translations, powerscaling and whatnot should not fall under such speculation.

Also how the heck do you even crush something with several attacks?

For clarification: I do agree with Arceus that the wording used supports a full on Low 7-B upgrade.

I only brought up a likely rating in the worse case scenario, but I don't think this is particularly complicated nor warranted of such high scrutiny. A dragon stated to bust mountains fails to crush these chains, she did so (with no indication it took anything more). That's pretty blatant scaling imo.

because this isn't a "destroying the world" type feat but a "crush worlds" type feat. if someone said they'd crsuh a planet, you would very clearly understand that they wouldn't punt the planets many times to crumble them but rather that they would apply pressure to them until they'd crack.
If someone crushes a can they don't start hitting it with a stick now, do they? They'd do it by either applying pressure with hands or foot. So i very much doubt that a feat like this in a series with no cases of weird translations, powerscaling and whatnot should not fall under such speculation.
Yet, if I crush grapes to make wine, I do so in several steps.

Also how the heck do you even crush something with several attacks?
By stomping on it several times?

Yet, if I crush grapes to make wine, I do so in several steps.
because there are many grapes. This dragon ain't making wine bro this dragon is crushing mountains. He doesn't need extra steps. At most it's a show of strength.
By stomping on it several times?
why would he? And it isn't a mountain he is crushing either, it's "mountains", plural, so do we have to assume he just goes up to a random mountain and starts stomping on it again and again like a dumbass? I think it is a far bigger stretch to interpret "capable of crushing mountains" as a dragon going up to every mountain individually and stomping on it for whatever reason again and again than it is to just say he crushed a few mountains as a show of strength in one go. When a writer writes that someone crushed a mountain they aren't gonna have the dragon stomping on it again and again in mind, that'd be weird as hell.

because there are many grapes. This dragon ain't making wine bro this dragon is crushing mountains. He doesn't need extra steps. At most it's a show of strength.
Because wine making specifically has multiple steps? What kind of analogy is that? You crushed the grapes in one go already.
But there are also multiple mountains that get crushed here? Like, why would he not crush multiple mountains in multiple steps? I could easily see this being about a dragon that rampaged around and left a big area devastated.

why would he? And it isn't a mountain he is crushing either, it's "mountains", plural, so do we have to assume he just goes up to a random mountain and starts stomping on it again and again like a dumbass? I think it is a far bigger stretch to interpret "capable of crushing mountains" as a dragon going up to every mountain individually and stomping on it for whatever reason again and again than it is to just say he crushed a few mountains as a show of strength in one go. When a writer writes that someone crushed a mountain they aren't gonna have the dragon stomping on it again and again in mind, that'd be weird as hell.
You... are making assumptions on why the dragon was crushing those mountains, which we don't know. Nobody said it's random mountains. We don't know the dragons motivations or which means it decided to crush them by. Fundamentally, I don't see the difference to "can destroy x" statements, where we also don't assume that it definitely was done in one attack.

But there are also multiple mountains that get crushed here? Like, why would he not crush multiple mountains in multiple steps? I could easily see this being about a dragon that rampaged around and left a big area devastated.
and? You don't crush grapes bit by bit, you take whatever tool you use, you apply pressure once and boom, their juice is out. Why are you saying that the assumption that the uncommon narrative of crushing a mountain in one hit is worse than the assumption that it's crushed in multiple hits? It specifically states crushing, him rampaging would imply he'd also hit them around. Meanwhile the word "crush" was used here, not "destroy".

You... are making assumptions on why the dragon was crushing those mountains, which we don't know. Nobody said it's random mountains. We don't know the dragons motivations or which means it decided to crush them by. Fundamentally, I don't see the difference to "can destroy x" statements, where we also don't assume that it definitely was done in one attack.
Crushing can only be done via applying pressure, aka, not hitting them, not splitting them, not vaporizing or pulverizing ect. Narratively, someone crushing something with a single attack is far more likely than a specific implication that you did it in multiple attacks.
The difference between other feats that are over time and this one is simple: often in fiction when someone destroys the world or destroys the universe it is shown that they are doing that overtime or in a specific manner, like The Rumbling from AoT being done overtime with 8-A characters or something slowly devouring the universe bit by bit until it's gone. These things happen often and often due to authors not thinking on planet-busting or universe-busting scales.
But here's the kicker.
When someone is stated that he is going to destroy the world/universe the main factor is often the fact that this will kill everyone in the world/universe. Meanwhile, in this case, it is a matter of showing a feat of strength. It is specifically the fact that the chains are so powerful that they can restrict a dragon that can crush mountains, directly explaining that the chains >>> the dragon so that Erma one-shotting them becomes that much bigger of a feat.

Now explain to me, why in the world would an author, who clearly wants to show that someone is very powerful and uses the statement that they can crush mountains to show for it, would say that he can crush mountains only to imply "oh but he didn't crush mountains in one attack, he specifically did multiple attacks to crush them"? Like how does this make sense? How? This isn't some passing statement that can be interpreted in many ways like "humanity destroyed several mountains to build their cities", this is a statement that directly implies that this is a feat of strength.

Back