• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Dark Souls 3 Scaling Changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Souls 2 is beyond repair, we kinda just need to completely throw it out and restart since they have no feats or statements that suggest they scale to the previous game or DS3.
Doesn’t Old Iron King have Gwyn’s soul. Hell I think Queelag’s Soul and Seath’s soul get represented too

so they easily scale to Endgame DS1 by the end

yeah we already used that argument to try to keep MHS+ but due to the long wind up of the lighting hitting the ground its considered aim dodging and as such it can't be attributed to the speed of the character
That's fair, tbh Im more so trying to get 4-C Sulyvahn and Nameless king. And High 4-C Soul of Cinder, Midir, and Gael as well as the Ashen One.

yeah we already used that argument to try to keep MHS+ but due to the long wind up of the lighting hitting the ground its considered aim dodging and as such it can't be attributed to the speed of the character
What about NK's lightning strike? That one needs to be specifically dodged with good timing as opposed to just aim dodged, since it's actually meant to punish poor dodging as opposed to just being an environmental hazard. And I did hear from one person that it curves, but afaik there's no real visual proof to show that that is what's happening, as opposed to him sending a charge into the clouds or something to that effect.

What about NK's lightning strike? That one needs to be specifically dodged with good timing as opposed to just aim dodged. And I did hear from one person that it curves, but afaik there's no real visual proof to show that that is what's happening, as opposed to him sending a charge into the clouds or something to that effect.
I don't think anyone Calc'd that Feat.

Doesn’t Old Iron King have Gwyn’s soul. Hell I think Queelag’s Soul and Seath’s soul get represented too

all the lord souls do actually

Iron king = gwyn
rotten = nito
the witch of izalith = lost sinner(the sinner even has a bed of chaos parasite crawl into her eye)
duke's dear freaya = seath

manus/furtive pigmy= the 4 sisters of dark, Nadalia, Nashandra, elana and alsana
so yeah all the lord souls and major bosses(other than 4 kings unless you think they are the dark lurker) are represented in the main bosses of ds 2

What about NK's lightning strike? That one needs to be specifically dodged with good timing as opposed to just aim dodged, since it's actually meant to punish poor dodging as opposed to just being an environmental hazard. And I did hear from one person that it curves, but afaik there's no real visual proof to show that that is what's happening, as opposed to him sending a charge into the clouds or something to that effect.
I think it falls under the unnatural lighting of regular lighting bolts we can use in game

They probably should not scale. The Lord Souls only show up in NG+, and even then, they are described as being remnants of the old Lord Souls, which were already diminished by Dark Souls.

"This once magnificent soul continues to exert influence over the land, even after the eons reduced it to these remnants." for Gwyn for instance.

They probably should not scale. The Lord Souls only show up in NG+, and even then, they are described as being remnants of the old Lord Souls, which were already diminished by Dark Souls.

"This once magnificent soul continues to exert influence over the land, even after the eons reduced it to these remnants." for Gwyn for instance.
Honestly why should NG+ matter. Couldn't it be a matter where the dev's go "oh hey let's throw in these little goodies for keen players to discover" or something like that. Unless it's different, since I can't remember much.

Eh, the bearer of the curse should still be at least Low 6-B

So what has been discussed here?
well we are trying to come to some conclusions about the scaling chain most think that the nameless king should be 4-C then we started discussing the scaling chain of DS verse in general and that we should probably do a CRT to get a bunch of DS2 character a profile on here

well actually I don't really know the description of the iron crown backs up the validity of that NG+ drop by saying this "The King sunk below the scorching iron, met the one whose name must never be repeated, and became Ichorous Earth" so that backs up the whole "he somehow came into contact with gwyn's soul" argument quite well and we have to take into account that he was considered a monarch on par with the other 3 which includes vendrick who is for sure 4-C via being a "true monarch who can sit on the throne of want and link the flame" bit of lore and we know that in combination with the other crowns including vendricks the remnants of the king's power in all 4 of them was able to outright negate the curse of the undead which is pretty big ******* deal if I'm honest with ya

well actually I don't really know the description of the iron crown backs up the validity of that NG+ drop by saying this "The King sunk below the scorching iron, met the one whose name must never be repeated, and became Ichorous Earth" so that backs up the whole "he somehow came into contact with gwyn's soul" argument quite well and we have to take into account that he was considered a monarch on par with the other 3 which includes vendrick who is for sure 4-C via being a "true monarch who can sit on the throne of want and link the flame" bit of lore and we know that in combination with the other crowns including vendricks the remnants of the king's power in all 4 of them was able to outright negate the curse of the undead which is pretty big ******* deal if I'm honest with ya
Him having Gwyn's soul means little if it's been reduced to a mere remnant of its former self.

Him having Gwyn's soul means little if it's been reduced to a mere remnant of its former self.
eh true enough but other things to do with him being one of 4 monarchs around which the whole plot of the scholar of the first sin revolved around does mean quite a bit since you know they where all considered powerful enough to link the flame and their combined strength nullified the undead curse

the gwyn soul is just supporting evidence to be honest since even when split up even slight shards could grand massive amounts of power

eh true enough but other things to do with him being one of 4 monarchs around which the whole plot of the scholar of the first sin revolved around does mean quite a bit since you know they where all considered powerful enough to link the flame and their combined strength nullified the undead curse

the gwyn soul is just supporting evidence to be honest since even when split up even slight shards could grand massive amounts of power
All of the Lord Souls have the same description (with minor changes), all of them are reduced to a "remnant" of their former selves.

The only way you could scale them is with an "at most" at least directly. Scaling by fueling the flame is something I'm not here to cover, just the above.

All of the Lord Souls have the same description (with minor changes), all of them are reduced to a "remnant" of their former selves.

The only way you could scale them is with an "at most" at least directly. Scaling by fueling the flame is something I'm not here to cover, just the above.
eh sorta
vendrick is definitely far weaker than his prime looking at the fact that he is a hollow that removed his own soul but still he is capable of battling end game chosen undead (you can only really fight him with at least 3 giant souls get after beating the gaint lord and being a step away from linking the flame) his prime is most definitely at least 4-C

the sunken king is an unknown as we never fight or even meet him

iron king at prime at the very least is stated to be a monarch much like vendrick by aldia and the remnants of his strength combined with the rest of the kings being able to nulfie the curse plus him merging with the remnants of gwyn's soul which honestly could probably give his demon form a at least low 6-B to 4-C rating much like seath who only had a shard of gwyn's soul but this time we have a lot more supporting evidence for iron king being more close to 4-C even while he is a demon his prime should just be outright 4-C

ivory king also has metric **** load of support for him being a monarch at the level of vendrick and iron king with aldia statements already being regarded they applie to ivory king as well but he also has other statements and lore bits that support his prime self being 4-C one he had enough control over souls that he was able to create soul golems which required vendrick to steal the power of gaints to make, he was also able to hold back the tide of chaos which we know for a fact can produce 4-C level being with the demon prince and even when his soul began to fade and degrade him sacrificing it and his body to the flames of chaos appeased them for quite a time which is pretty damned impressive

But I suppose we can make two keys for each king one being their prime where all (other than sunken king who we know nothing about) would be outright 4-C via vendrick scaling and the crown's being able to overcome the curse with the small remnants of the monarchs power and a second key where pretty much all of them would be at least low 6-B possibly 4-C or low 4-C depending on how we go about this

Yeah, its quite a shitshow. I'm just trying to get high 4-C ashen one, Gael, Soul of Cinder, and Midir. Also why is Gael Hypersonic?
Also possibly massivly hypersonic late game ashen one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back