• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Dark Souls 3 Scaling Changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't really sequence break in a non-linear game, or at least, what I'm describing is not that. I am describing alternative sequences that are very much still present within the game. I'm literally objectively right on this particular facet of this argument, this isn't even one of the ones where it's like "oh well it's down to the interpretation of the individual"- no, here, I am simply correct.
It literally is Sequence Breaking because the Dancer is way ******* stronger than every other boss before her except for Yhorm because of his Gimmick and she easily kills new players that reaches that area in like one or two hits. It's very clearly intended for you to fight everyone else and then get teleported to the Dancer because of how hard she is, especially when they have a whole ******* cutscene dedicated to you getting summoned to Lothric Castle after killing the other Lords.

If its something that is literally not possible to budge on I can get it, though it won't make it to my place until Saturday.

Is also note me and a few others are planning revisions off site with a Discord server
A different one from the one Ovens made lately?

It literally is Sequence Breaking because the Dancer is way ******* stronger than every other boss before her except for Yhorm because of his Gimmick and she easily kills new players that reaches that area in like one or two hits. It's very clearly intended for you to fight everyone else and then get teleported to the Dancer because of how hard she is, especially when they have a whole ******* cutscene dedicated to you getting summoned to Lothric Castle after killing the other Lords.
It is not sequence breaking if there is no intended sequence to begin with. I don't care if Dancer is harder, or if most people advise fighting her later. The fact of the matter is that you can fight her extremely early without, in any way, breaking the game. To call it sequence breaking in a non-linear game tells me you have no idea what it is you're talking about. It objectively is not sequence breaking. Jfc.

It literally is, yes. There are literally multiple paths. What do you mean.
It was mostly a joke on how unlike the previous two games, DS3 feels more restricted on the freedom of progression, usually by high level areas or just not having split paths most of the time. The only split paths I remember there being are the Dancer area, and choosing whether to go after Aldrich or Yhorm. Its hammered in even further when the game tells you that Lothric, I forgot the name, is where you're supposed to go first, and that theres no other way you can go explore. Compare that to DS1 where you can go to the graveyard, the burg, or the Asylum again if you're daring, or in DS2 where theres multiple paths in Majula.

So basically, I do not enjoy how limited DS3's progression system is compared to the previous games.

If we're taking a moment to divulge from the conversation at hand (which, admittedly, does seem a pointless conversation, as SOC said he just doesn't want to discuss further)... yeah, I get that. I will say a somewhat more focused approach isn't necessarily bad, and I really dislike DS2's world because spatially it makes very little sense. That said, I think DS1 has the best level design. Truly inspired shit.

While I do love DS2, its my favorite DS game, I can get the spatial stuff. How is a land filled with lava entered via elevator that goes upwards, and is situated above a poisonous land that has a sky. And yeah, DS1 clears both of those. So much to explore, even more with that one key

If we're taking a moment to divulge from the conversation at hand (which, admittedly, does seem a pointless conversation, as SOC said he just doesn't want to discuss further)... yeah, I get that. I will say a somewhat more focused approach isn't necessarily bad, and I really dislike DS2's world because spatially it makes very little sense.
Honestly I think it fits, we know that time itself is convoluted and the Hollowing likely doesn't help so it almost feels dreamlike, an unreliable, ever-twisting landscape that sprawls out before the Bearer

Speaking of Midir, there's literally no excuse at this point for him to remain Low 6-B and for that matter Kalameet as well. We literally have a statement for Kalameet being so powerful that Anor Londo didn't even wanna **** with him and Midir should be even stronger than him for feeding on the Abyss for Countless Millenia and then super charging himself with it in the second phase of his fight. (We all saw what just getting corrupted by it could do for Artorias considering he uses it like it's the Kaioken or some shit.) I say we straight up scale him to 4-C at a minimum since he's undeniably stronger than anyone else in the game barring the Soul of Cinder, the Ashen One and Dark Soul Amped Slave Knight Gael. He also still has that feat of surviving the first beat down the Ashen One gave him.
Well there is an implication in the dark souls remastered guide book that when gough says "even the mighty anor Londor dared not provoke his ire" its actually just talking about the four knights not being able to beat him which to be honest aint really that impressive

Probably not, I should probably close this one down actually. Maybe a new thread, if you want something different than your original thread where you were talking about your new ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back