• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Majin Buu should have Telekinesis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see how making a hole with an eye glare is full on TK. And could you show me Goku doing that in the anime please? I checked the fight on Youtube and didnt see that.

Wind comes out of his head or something in the anime. I think it's in Team Four Star's video too. But in both cases, Goku said "right back at you" directly after being hit with a Telekinetic attack. If that's not TK, then reality doesn't exist, because we're refusing to draw lines at all-- even for a POSSIBILY!

But I will get you the link in a sec.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RSefzk7yTtI

Around the six minute mark. The force effect coming from his mind, no explosion on Frieza's body, so it's not an invisible Ki attack. And, I guess Frieza can Telekinetically generate explosions...?

Lemme find the chapter and get the images too.

LOL

It is blatantly telekinesis.

First off, if one of those is a Kiai / Invisible Eye Blast / whatever, they both are, since they're identical.

But if other people agree on Telekinesis, whatever.

That being said, while the Daizenshuu are not the main resource, we'll take what it says as having merit and truth as long as it does not contradict.

Of course a Telekinetic shove against another person looks like wind.

To be fair, they say in the next page that it was a Kiai-- but what the **** is a Kiai, and why did it basically work like offensive Telekinesis? Given the fact that Frieza has TK and anime portrays it as offensive TK generated from Goku's head with no sound from his mouth, similar to what Vegeta did. I'm in favor of a possibly.

Don't think that Kiai counts as telekinesis, telekinesis involve using the mind, kiai is a minor/invisible blast of ki. Powerlisting wiki represents it as variation of KE manipulation and chi manipulation, between others thing.

A Kiai is a type of Ki blast. I don't think it's right to call it telekinesis when actual telekinesis has already been demonstrated in DBZ.

More information it, if you're interested: Kiai

As far as I know, Goku only used telekinesis in the anime to move some water around.

Why are we suddenly using the Daizenshu now? And if our attitude towards outside sources is suddenly (as long as it doesn't contradict), then shouldn't a "possibly" as in not confirmed but thesible, be appropriate for TK? Seems inconsistent since some people insist on not using the SS Multipliers-- even if the x 2 and "x 4" are very small, it doesn't "contradict" very much as low-balls. Hell, some people say we don't even use the multipliers at all, so I don't get why we're cherry picking now?

Because, Telekinesis isn't limited to grabbing and lifting things, when characters have demonstrated the ability to push things back with Psychic Energy-- Guldo vs Chaotzu.

It really seems strange how I have to prove that he has Telekinesis directly just to get a possibly rating. I think him having it in the anime and there being a blurry line in Canon as to what a Kiai is-- in addition to the weird choice to divide Ki and psychic powers when they're connected-- it just seems like a lot for a "Shakey idea". Same for why it's confusing as to why "portal creation" is a "possibly" when it should be a "likely". That ability was based on raw power, and anyone stronger than Gotenks should definitely have it.

I don't think we completely discard guidebooks unless they're obviously contradictory or hyperbolic, and even then, I think a simple explanation is a bit more reliable.

The Daizenshuu is mostly reliable, but it also has some mistakes. That funny "Goku's feelings are only understood by his fellow strongest" line that talks about Kid Boo comes to mind.

@ Amexim, since not every character in Dragon Ball uses telekinesis, why wouldn't you have to prove that Goku has it to get it put on his profile?

AKM sama said:
LOL

It is blatantly telekinesis.
Anime showing it as wind kinda has a different take on the matter. Blowing or forcing an opponent back can be a multiple number of things different than TK. If Goku was actually controlling Friezas movements, that would blatently be a different story. But again if most agree its TK, fine. Heck other TK's doing that with actual TK don't portray it as wind.

Mewtwo and Ash are a good example.

I said that he "possibly" COULD have it. And we discard the Naruto guidebooks in their entirety for hyperbole-- even when the statements they make aren't exactly a huge stretch from what appears to be the truth.

This is cherry picking. Especially when there's no reason for Goku having Telekinesis to be an edit on Toei's part unless Toriyama mentioned Ki and TK having some kind of correlation-- where the **** would they get that idea? But, even then, I still think that Vegeta's "Telekinetic" display being as ambiguous as it is, and the Kiai being ambiguously explained in Canon, coupled with the anime showing should give Goku the "possibly". As in conjecture.

Buu already has Telekinesis anyways.

Oh, I think Vegeta's telekinesis isn't appropriate but I was too busy to do something.

Anime is less reliable than Daizenshuu and its visuals - the wind - actually supports the Kiai's description as manipulating air currents with the force of one's ki.

@Kep Cell's telekinesis feat is great but we can't really apply it to anyone else.

Vegeta's feat might need to be changed. Or, maybe not. You can scale abilities across species, considering mutants exist in DB. They're born with unique battle abilities, and Guldo is one. If Vegeta, a Saiyan without mutations has, Goku, a Saiyan without mutations, could as well.

But either way, should I make a CRT about the Naruto guidebooks? Or could you get a staff only thread that talks about the Daizenshu being more reliable than everyone else treats it. Because the Daizenshu argument doesn't hold any water if no one is going to agree that it's viable in the first place.

Piccolo should have "possibly TK" too, even if it's filler. Isn't this an indexing site first? So, why ommit information like this? It defeats the purpose of wanting to be as accurate as possible. Then, I also can't try to change people's minds about that or the guidebooks or anything, since it's against the rules to "undermine" the conventions of the wiki.

Even though I'm not trying to undermine or **** anything up-- actually trying to improve it. But whatever.

"Vegeta's feat might need to be changed. Or, maybe not. You can scale abilities across species, considering mutants exist in DB. They're born with unique battle abilities, and Guldo is one. If Vegeta, a Saiyan without mutations has, Goku, a Saiyan without mutations, could as well."

If you could prove that all Saiyans have telekinesis genetically, then you would have a solid argument for adding it.

Our Dragon Ball pages are ''manga only''. It doesn't matter what happens in the anime if it didn't happen in the manga. Filler has no bearing in canon.

Manga only. Meaning no Databooks. Meaning that attack is either shockwave generation, or TK.

Does "possibly" not mean anything???

We can't even give them possibly in this case. We may as well give Buu Saga characters possibly 4-A for the anime Buu feat if we do that.

The Databooks are more consistent with the manga than the anime, so we can at least debate whether or not they're a reasonable source for this, especially when they elaborate on an unexplained technique in the manga.

It definitely doesn't resemble telekinesis to me. It literally looks like invisible Ki blasts.

Buu Saga characters being 4-A is actually possible, since BoG Beerus got retconned into Elder Kai's statement, which implied that a fearsome guy, not as powerful as Boo, sealed him into the Z-Sworld.

Since Beerus was capable of destroying the Kaioshin Realm, which is a fifth of the universe, that would be impressive as hell.

Was Beerus capable of destroying the Kaioshin Realm back then?

Besides, it's possible that the "not as powerful as Buu" thing got retconned by Beerus' power. If he was a God of Destruction back then he still would've been Universal, since that's the cutoff for a GoD.

The thread should be closed since its derailed and the original question was added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back