• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magolor vs Goku Black (Remastered)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Redo of cal's match which was closed due to character bias within the thread.

Speed equalized.

Please try to avoid bias, I don't want this getting closed again.

Magolor soul by machaphasesix-d4kz39u
vs.
Black SSR

Assuming I can vote in this one...

Magolor. Black uses his scythe, Magolor has two swords that are much bigger.

He opens up rifts, Magolor has done much better with a gesture. Closes it easily.

Clones? Magolor BFRs them or black holes.

Black himself? Reality warp, or open space all over his body with an unforeseeable attacks.

Not to mention that Magolor has more abilities and is just as skilled.

And pretty sure Black has bigger self-esteem. Other than that, Cal's reasoning seems convincing to me.

Black stomps due to superior fashion sense. Thread closed. I now have the image of black's hair coming to life and beating up magolor.

Goku black seems to have the edge here with a bit more versatile hax, and can ignore durability with his scythe.

AguilaR101 said:
You don't get to remake threads until you get the results you want, people, that's not how it works.
Cal himself wanted someone to remake hos thread. He said that he accidentally showed bias by voting even though he was the OP and would appreciate it if someone redid it. I even asked him about the rules that I should put for this thread. He works with the site and I trust him with this.

Can I pleeeease vote Black for the reasons I stated on the other thread? I'm too lazy to copy paste all that here.

EDIT: Also, I'm with Aguilla, closing that thread was uncalled for at that point. Peace. Now if Magolor wins by a landslide, people can argue that "Yeah, but in the previous one Black was winning and the supposed bias wasn't even in HIS favor."

So instead of remaking the thread including previous votes and waiting for further input you start it from scratch.

sorry, no, this only comes across as a dishonest attempt to disregard valid votes, regardless of who won in the previous thread.

AguilaR101 said:
So instead of remaking the thread including previous votes and waiting for further input you start it from scratch.

sorry, no, this only comes across as a dishonest attempt to disregard valid votes, regardless of who won in the previous thread.
Cal didn't specify if he wanted previous votes counted or not. I just assumed he didn't. But it was not my intention to invalidate proper votes and I don't think it was cal's either. I'm pretty sure he knows better than that.

Sorry, but while I'm fine with whatever scenario, I'll have to take Aguila's side again and make it very clear that this isn't derailing by any stretch of the imagination. It's highly unlikely that everyone who voted in that thread will come back here and I would feel like giving input was a complete waste of time if the thread was suddenly closed, remade for bias that had nothing to do with me and then, because of that, my vote was not counted.

Aaanyways. Back on topic.

@Cal, how does that power nullification that you mentioned in the previous thread work?

I know that definitely wasn't Cal's intention, but the way you put it would make it sound the same as saying "Your opinion doesn't matter even in a VS Thread because you're a user and not a staff member".

Please. In a Vs Thread, each opinion is as important as the other. A staff position shouldn't decide the winner of a match and I know the staff around here well enough to know that they are capable enough to never let their positions get to their heads. They treat users with the same degree of respect they would another staff member.

BreloomFanboy said:
@FateAlbane: If a staff member made the decision and wasn't corrected, then it shouldn't be argued. But this isn't my thread so I'll leave it to the OP.
I'll keep this thread open for the time being. But even if what Aguila said about thus thread did count as derailing (I personally don't think so because closing and reopening threads out of bias should be called out should such accusations be true) I don't think that the derailing is intentional.

Firstly, I'm not a staff member, so how could I put someone else down for not being one? I'm simply stating that @Cal agreed upon a remake of this thread and nobody disagreed (Not even other staff members).

You didn't put anyone down, but you basically said "because it was a staff member decision, users shouldn't argue about it". That's not quite the case for this situation. And you can't say that nobody is in disagreement when there are two users questioning/debating the decision.

Anyways. Like I said, I'm fine with whatever scenario. I do think it would be fair to keep the vote count, but if you guys decide to stay with the reset it and keep only the votes on this one, I'm ok with it, too.

With that being said, that's all from me on this subject. Back to the match...

@Cal Could you tell me how Magolor's power nullification works in some more detail? Depending on how that works, I might even change my vote, considering how Black shouldn't have a counter for a good enough power nullification.

Hmm... I guess you misinterpreted the "user" part. I was referring to Everyone, because the original thread is closed and there's no reason to re-open it. In the original thread nobody seemed to disagree.

Anyways, as I mentioned earlier, I'm not the OP so this is my last comment in regards to this topic.

If I remember correctly magolor was able to nullify kirby's super forms. And while the power of these forms is debatable they are able to cut holes in reality(?) Or at least cut a hole in the universe in order to allow kirby to travel into what appears to be some kind of pocket reality. I don't know where to place this feat as the nature of the place you enter is unknown so... idk. These forms are capale of harming base magolor to a significant digree while magolor negates these forms pretty casually whilst in base. These forms can also damage magolor enough to force him into his soul form but I could be misinterpreting all this.

I closed it because again, I added bias. By commenting with clear bias towards Magolor, I inadvertently turned a thread into a bad one. None of you did, but me. I already apologized for that. Wright came to me to ask if he could make it again, and I said sure. I don't mind if previous votes get added or not. I just didn't want my mistake to adulterate the thread.

Also, @Fate. With a single gesture, he can get rid of Kirby's super copy abilities. For the record, Kirby can't lose his super copy abilities unless he wants to (or time runs out)

@Cal Well, in that case, I'll change my vote to Magolor, as Black has nothing that could effectively counter that. As soon as he gets power nullified (and with Magolor being able to do it that casually), Magolor can go in for the kill with his other powers. He should take it, Mid-diff at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back