• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magnemite vs Maple (aka JEEZE! VBW Must Really Love Maple!)

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
I dunno, I thought it was fair. I mean we have a magnetic eyeball thingie against a girl with a shield that can absorb anything. I mean, sure, that thing's got an AP advantage (though given 144 kilotons was acquired with just an arm cannon, maybe a full-on Machine God can close the gap), but Maple's got better hax than Magnemite apparently, so there's that. Anyway...

1. Speed is equalized because Maple's slow as molasses.

2. This is Post-Machine God Maple vs Magnemite

Here are their profiles.:

Magnemite's Profile

Maple's Profile

Who takes this?

Magnemite
Magnemite!

Maple Character
Magnemite: 0
Maple: 0

Inconclusive: 0

When it says resistance to Status Effects Inducement on Mapple's profile what does that give resistance to, what Status' specifically?

Everything12 said:
When it says resistance to Status Effects Inducement on Mapple's profile what does that give resistance to, what Status' specifically?
Poison (Immunity) and Paralysis (Immunity). I don't think any other status effect was ever touched in the series.

So while Paralysis will fail the Confusion caused by Supersonic will work. Does Mapple have amyway to defend against a soundwave that confused people?

After that Magnemite has Lock-On to ensure that his attack hits its target, that being Mapple and not her Sheild. There also the attack Mirror Shot that while lower in power is a flash of energy reflecting off Magnemite to damage and possibly blind the opponent.

Screech and Metal Sound are also sound based move that don't do damage but decrease the opponents Defence and Special Defence respectively, and Sonic Boom that is a shockwave that does the same amount of damage regardless of the opponent's defence and Magnemites attack.

Everything12 said:
Wall of text
Good points admittedly, though Maple can apparently pull a Salazzle against Magnemite if the Death Manipulation thing in Maple's profile is correct (though it's luck-reliant since it's apparently a 1 in 5 chance).

Back