• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magic the Gathering Calculation Discussion

So far, this is probably the best feat in the pre mending novels I read, and already it has some issues.

So Jodah here watches as Mairsil freezes a large area at once.

What the issue is we know Jodah is in a tower, just no implication on where he may or may not be in the tower is given,not even the height of the tower is given.

Cin argues he should be higher on the tower, which is likely.

Raven argues we should consider the low balled horizon distance, which considering we dont know where he may be in the tower, this is also likely.

There is also this feat, already calced at Small Country Level+ that we can use as a guideline for 'consistency' on which end to use.

So basically, this thread is to decide which end we should use.

Note: Only calc group members and Cin can pick apart my work and discuss this feat.

I am of the believe to not artificially escalate a scaling when key information is missing. Cins suggestion adds in unecessary assumptions like how high is the tower? From which point in the tower (whose height is unknown) is looked out? The top? The middle? The base? All these things would change the variables and they solely are based from our headcanon.

Using plain field however nets us a solid result which can not be changed and not be contested. Its an approach not based upon a speculation (where inside the tower?) which itself is based upon another assumption (how high is the tower?).

I vouch for either the low end or mid end, seeing there are other calcs in this ballpark. Up for input from others however.

You can directly message some calc group members to ask them to give input here.

The general idea seems fine. I'm just wondering the best way to go about it with the fewest assumptions. Though I imagine results won't be outlandishly different, regardless.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
The general idea seems fine. I'm just wondering the best way to go about it with the fewest assumptions. Though I imagine results won't be outlandishly different, regardless.
Do you recall any other feats I can calc in the new stories that could yield results? This scales to most skilled mages. Also, considering Planeswalkers are now no longer much different then mages, this can be used for a supporting feat.

There probably are. I really want to read through some of the late 2000s - 2010s MtG lore again to find some good feats to scale to Planeswalkers in general. It's a lot more easily accessible than some of the older lore, and really helps give them a solid tier.

Guys like Jace seem to be often considered like building level most places on the internet. Not due to downplay, but more due to stuff like him vaporizing the Halimar sea often being blink-and-you'll-miss-it moments hidden in random lore tidbits.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I don't know magic but I find the drawings pretty and Bolas is OP so I'm here.
http://www.spectrumfantasticart.com/books.php These are the books that wizards get freelancer artists from, which usually have influences from most prominent artists you can name.

You can thank me later. And yes, Bolas is OP. If you care to learn more about magic the gathering, the new lore is also free to read https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/columns/magic-story

That is all, Now, I must wait for mathematicians to reply about a fictional feat that has no barin on reality to gauge the power if characters to which use in a debate on who would win.

Back