• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mael's calculation and storms question (NNT)

The feat
The calc

From cloud calculation page
One should keep in mind that not all clouds in a cloud movement feat necessarily move with the same speed. In such cases one has to calculate the kinetic energy with the different speeds of the different parts in mind. An example of this would be creating clouds and spreading them omnidirectionally around a center point. In that case the speed with which the clouds move may increase the further from the center they are. In the case of such an omnidirectional expansion one could use the formula "kinetic energy = 0.25 * cloud mass * (Speed of cloud movement)2" to account for the different speeds involved.

For pulling in clouds omnidirectional towards a center point, or dispersing them from a center point, the formula "kinetic energy = 1/12 * cloud mass * (Speed of cloud movement)2" can be used

So basically feats like that divide by 12:

And feats like that divide by 4:

If I am correct, why does Mael's calculation use 12 and not 4? "Spreading them omnidirectionally around a center point" this is literally what Mael did in the feat

I’m not too big of a 7DS fan but I am interested in this question
The cloud calcs page has always seemed vague to me on whether 0.25 or 1/12 should be used at times.

So the answer will also help me since I’ve got a cloud split Calc I’m iffy on since it’s basically like that Getsuga Tenshou dispersal you used as an example
I just picked 1/12 because I saw that on the Mael Calc and because the cloud Calc page makes it seem like 1/12 is for dispersals in general

Last edited:
For pulling in clouds omnidirectional towards a center point, or dispersing them from a center point, the formula "kinetic energy = 1/12 * cloud mass * (Speed of cloud movement)2" can be used.

Doesn't this mean that 1/12 should be used?

The Ichigo feat should also use 1/12

As for Toshiro's feat, what he did is different since he pulled clouds together, not dispersing them

Expanding a cloud omnidirectionally is not what Mael does, he disperses a cloud omnidirectionally

Creating clouds out from a center point =/= Dispersing clouds out from a center point

Back