• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Madara's Mindhax Resistance

Does this come from resisting the Infinite Tsukuyomi? Because if so, I'm pretty sure he shouldn't have resistance to Mind Manipulation. As far as I know, resisting the Infinite Tsukuyomi was just because he had the rinnegan. The same applies to Sasuke, which is why it didn't affect him. Given that, Madara shouldn't have resistance to all mindhax, just the IT.

Anyone that's capable of using Genjutsu to some level has resistance to mindhax. Just think of Sasuke breaking Tsukuyomi from battling his brother or Itachi reversing the genjutsu of Kurenai on her, or literally anybody using "Release" to deal with Genjutsu unless it's way above their pay grade.

Considering Madara is the most powerful Uchiha, barring Sasuke and Indra, and has some of the most powerful Sharingan and visual prowesses that directly translate to genjutsu due to how prevalent they are for Uchiha... You get the idea.

All Sharingan users should have resistance to Mind Manipulation, for obvious reasons

I see. This is for a discord debate on whether or not Madara should resist Vader's mindhax, the vader side making the point that madara's mindhax resistance on that scale was only the Rinnegan resisting Infinite Tsukuyomi, so Vader should still be able to mindhax.

Depends what Vader, because there's a big level of difference between canon continuity and, as I like to call it, "The much cooler stuff".

Unfamiliar with the series, but from what I know from threads and stuff, isn't it only planetary via beaming it across the entire world? He would need to have resisted his own ability totally focused in his head at once, otherwise it would just be the resistance of one person. With planetary mindhax it isn't 7 billion*7 billion, not every individual who resists the unfocused version would get full resistance like that.

I don't see why his eye being the source of a resistance makes it not a resistance, but from what I know of the feat Vader's superior anyways.

@Wok

The reason many people don't take it as resistance is that the light from the shining moon reflecting the pattern in the eye is cancelled by the Rinnegan. Sasuke, who also has the Rinnegan, suffuses the power in his Susanoo, which is like a winged humanoid made of energy, to block the light from his companions. So it seems more like Rinnegan users outright cancel whatever the light does and not really resist it.

Oh, so it's just an exploitation of the weakness that his mindhax has to actually touch you?

Something like that? It seems like it only works because Sasuke like, infuses the humanoid construct with the power of his eye. For his companions he blocks, they don't get affected because the construct blocks the light with his wings.

Personally, it feels more like a weakness or quality of the technique that it doesn't affect the people with the Rinnegan, rather than the Rinnegan having special resistance. I would actually say it may merit a CRT to reach a consensus in the future.

Back