• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
L VS Impostor, but it's an Among Us match.

L would mysteriously find himself in Among Us among the astronaut crew, and then would need to win one match in order to be teleported back to Japan.

Among Us Settings
Game Type: Classic.
Player Count: 12.
Number of Impostors: 1.
Confirm Ejects: Off.
Number of Emergency Meetings: 9.
Anonymous Votes: Off.
Emergency Cooldown: 0 seconds.
Discussion Time: 60 seconds.
Voting Time: 60 seconds.
Player Speed: 1.0x.
Crewmate Vision: 1.0x.
Impostor Vision: 1.5x.
Kill Cooldown: 45 seconds.
Kill Distance: Medium.
Task Bar Updates: Never.
Visual Tasks: On.
Number of Common Tasks: 1.
Number of Long Tasks: 1.
Number of Short Tasks: 2.
There are no extra roles; there are just the original Crewmates and Impostors. L is on the Crewmates team.

VS Battle Conditions
Standard Battle Assumptions for the unspecified.

Outside Influence: The Crewmates.

Victory Conditions: L wins if he survives and the Impostor gets killed, incapacitated or removed from the location. The Impostor wins if it gets L killed.

State of Mind: Everyone is in character.

Knowledge: L and the Crewmates think that there may be an Impostor among them at the beginning. L understands that he should do tasks to help the Crewmates. The Crewmates and Impostor know what a human is, and won't be confused by L's inclusion.

Preparation Time: None for L, and whatever the Crewmates and Impostor canonically get during Among Us before a match.

Time: L is as old as he was right before he was defeated by Light.

Starting Distance: Unlike how it works in Among Us, the characters will be huddled in the Meeting Room at the beginning of the match and after meetings, instead of being able to freely spawn at various points in The Airship.

Votes
Impostor, the killer among them: 0.

L Lawliet, the lying detective: 8. (Me, XSOULOFCINDERX, noisyPitta, Rose_of_Ragnarok, Fezzih_007, MintyBoi1, Myguy, noninho.)

Inconclusive: 0.

Last edited:
This matchup depends a lot on how clever and sneaky the Impostor is, since L would probably notice a contradiction immediately if one were made. The Impostor is portrayed as like that, but the canonical extent is unknown. As revealed by the instruction screen, the Impostor is good at successfully blending in with the crew, diverting the crew's attention with Sabotage, and closing doors to trap victims, and as revealed by the Quick Chat feature, it knows the location, the crew, how to make statements, how to ask questions, how to respond and how to make accusations. This could delay L discovering who the Impostor is. I think L would easily notice the Impostor not legitimately doing tasks, but the location is big so this isn't very likely. L could figure out who the Impostor is using tools like the security system in the Security room, though he'd need to stay in that specific room. Of course, there's also the possibility that the Impostor kills L, but that's also not the most likely outcome when there are so many other potential victims.

I think that L would win the matchup, due to his skills generally being very useful in this scenario, plus he has safety in numbers. It's basically just a regular Crewmates VS Impostor match except one of the characters on the Crewmates team is a genius detective, so I think the Crewmates are the ones that are more likely to win. Unless there is an objection that convinces me otherwise, I vote for L winning the scenario for the reasons I wrote.

I might as well mention that this matchup isn't a stomp in L's favor; his win may just be obvious to some people, which is different from the matchup being a stomp. The Impostor still has plenty of viable ways to win. L can't even physically harm the Impostor directly.

L definitely wins FRA, but as mentioned it is a pretty decent matchup. I see L put against all kinds of situations and something like this seems to be playing perfectly into his skillset.

Well, if this plays out like literally any among us match ever, L would get ejected as soon he makes an accusation against the imposter LMFAO, i swear to god people in that game are stupid

Voting L

L is too smart FRA, figured out Shinigami, finding that imposter
Remember that Misa interfering with and hindering Light's plan was the only demonstrated reason why L discovered Shinigami. In the end, L and Light without Light having his memories of the Death Note discovered a Shinigami together, along with the rest of their non-genius team, with all of them having helped out. None of that would've happened if Misa's input hadn't put Light in a disadvantage to begin with, since Light never would've needed to put himself in containment and remove his ownership (and memories) of his Death Note to then rediscover it as his innocent self along with the other characters.

Regardless of the aforementioned, I counted your vote, since the logic still holds up to an extent. The scope of the cases L preferred to take on are a lot higher than that of an Among Us match, albeit L usually stayed safer than how he'd be forced to be in the hypothetical scenario of this thread. L succeeded in all his endeavors except the Kira case, which he got very close to solving anyway, so surely he'd win against the Impostor with the correct strategy.
Well, if this plays out like literally any among us match ever, L would get ejected as soon he makes an accusation against the imposter LMFAO, i swear to god people in that game are stupid

Voting L
Haha, yeah, I've had silly experiences in Among Us to know about that. Thankfully it can be inferred that the Crewmates are canonically smarter than that. Quick Chat applies to both the Crewmates and Impostors, so there is a lot that they could potentially say.
Now that L has 7 votes to win and the Impostor has 0 votes to win, the grace period has started.

Back