• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

M&Ms Profiles

The M&M's spokes candy have a couple of feats

They ate the Hazelnut Spokescandy including his arms and legs which should be bone according to this wrapper

This tribal m&m didn't care about stabbing himself in the foot

red in a human form tanked getting hit by a truck and flung into some

Red sawed Yellow in half and yellow was perfectly fine afterwards

Orange had several tools used on him and was fine afterward

Yellow tanked getting hit by a hammer

so yeah pretty consistent street tier characters

for abilities red has social influencing from his election campaign

vehicular mastery which is seen when he does donuts in a tight circle during his performance at a strip club

Body Puppetry is seen here

Fourth Wall awareness acknowledged an audience members cell phone being on and became horrified after watching an audience member eat a bowl of m&ms

Body Control seen when yellow casually removed his eyes and when he made himself

Resistance to Pain manipulation often gets bites taken out of him and doesn't care, once got smashed into pieces and didn't care

Also found a higher street tier feat where red falls from several meters from the sky followed soon with yellow falling on him

Aren't Advertisement Characters supposed to go on JBW or maybe FC/OC Wiki?
What are the rules involving characters coming from commercials such as Pepsi man, kool aid man and Ronald McDonald

Pepsi man has his own profile and kool aid man used to have a composite one before composting rules changed

What are the rules involving characters coming from commercials such as Pepsi man, kool aid man and Ronald McDonald

Pepsi man has his own profile and kool aid man used to have a composite one before composting rules changed
Pepsi Man is from an official game, Kool Aid Man is from the Atari 2600 or Marvel Comics, & SCP-4486, though sometimes called Ronald McDonald, & ripping off Ronald's likeness, is still an SCP; It's a character on a reputable website about publishing canon that has a story.

None of those characters are incarnations of their likeness from advertisements, & they tend to be incarnations that have a cohesive narrative or characterization.

The m&ms have consistent narratives there are several arcs for these characters that are referenced in future commercials such as the election and break up arcs which are referenced in future commercials and the election arc pays homage to previous commercials I’ll have to find the original website but it shows consistent characterization for these characters and story lines even with their fairly short length

The m&ms have consistent narratives there are several arcs for these characters that are referenced in future commercials such as the election and break up arcs which are referenced in future commercials and the election arc pays homage to previous commercials I’ll have to find the original website but it shows consistent characterization for these characters and story lines even with their fairly short length
Not entirely the point; A big part of the point is that the M&M characters are still Advertisement characters.

• Do not create any joke profiles, as they do not fit into our tiering system. Also avoid creating profiles for fan characters, advertisement characters, memes, YouTube personalities, reality television, talk shows, music videos, stage personas, and the like. If you wish to create such profiles, feel free to do so in the Joke Battles wiki instead. Take note that there is obviously a difference between a profile written as a joke, and the character itself being automatically funny.
If there are character incarnations with a more evident story where they are more than just advertisements, like with Pepsiman's video game where he runs across the country trying to fight a Pepsi shortage, or the Kool-Aid Man in Marvel Comics where he fights the alien invasion of The Thirsties....
....Then THOSE theoretical incarnations of the M&Ms characters might be more eligible for profiles.

There are m&m marvel comics and those shovel ware Wii ware games I’d argue that the main commercials are consistent with each other’s lore enough to be able to create profiles with each other for the spokes candy there are several commercials that are linked to each other and references to past arcs are made often

There are m&m marvel comics and those shovel ware Wii ware games
Profiles for those may be acceptable by site standards then.
I’d argue that the main commercials are consistent with each other’s lore enough to be able to create profiles with each other for the spokes candy there are several commercials that are linked to each other and references to past arcs are made often
In the case of the commercials, it doesn't seem to be so much a matter of their content, as it is a matter of their medium.

However, I am not Staff, so I do not think that I can say with 100% certainty whether or not those conditions allow for an exemption.

Some what of a loophole is here

“Corporate mascots and advertisement characters are not part of fictional storylines”

while the m&ms spokes candy commercials all take place in a singular universe with several stories and arcs in them ranging from them just trying not to get eaten by people or them fighting among themselves most often

the m&ms do have cohesive story lines and characterization in the commercials red is short tempered and egotistical for example this is very consistent among all commercials and well defined traits that never change for these characters

they’re also shown to be actors for the in universe m&ms brand so there’s that too

but yeah I’ll wait for staff and take a look at the other m&ms media to see what there is

Some what of a loophole is here

“Corporate mascots and advertisement characters are not part of fictional storylines”
I feel it should be noted that that does not seem to be the full quote. It seems to be part of this:
  • Corporate mascots and advertisement characters are not part of fictional storylines, regardless of feats in commercials and similar. It is preferable to not allow any incoherent figments without substance to be featured here. However, if they have officially published comicbooks, games, etcetera to scale from, they can probably be included.
while the m&ms spokes candy commercials all take place in a singular universe with several stories and arcs in them ranging from them just trying not to get eaten by people or them fighting among themselves most often

the m&ms do have cohesive story lines and characterization in the commercials red is short tempered and egotistical for example this is very consistent among all commercials and well defined traits that never change for these characters

they’re also shown to be actors for the in universe m&ms brand so there’s that too

but yeah I’ll wait for staff and take a look at the other m&ms media to see what there is

So after reading about 3 and a half years worth of garfield comics I believe that the m&ms are very similar to the story telling or Garfield

m&ms ads often come as episodic self contained ads usually just quick gags or jokes about the candy and then there’s the story orientated ads where it has a bit of a plot that connects other ads in this one big m&m verse that they live in

Garfield is similar where often there are comics that are just singular jokes that can be contained on their own then jokes that build off of previous weeks comics to build a small story arc much like the m&ms

in my own personal opinion the m&ms story telling should be viewed like that of the Garfield comics but in video form

Bump also is there anyone I can talk to to potentially get the OK from to go out and do this? I still firmly believe the m&m commercials have solid continuity with itself for the reasons I’ve listed above

Back