• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Peppersalt43

They/Them
9-B+ versions used
Speed equalized
Fight takes place in an orchard, 5 meters apart
Engineer is restricted to the Gunslinger but is allowed to build buildings

Average pear hater : 1
Average bacon enjoyer : 0
Incon : 0

Story below

Another harvest season brings upon the Flim-Flam brothers to the orchard to sell whatever device they have brought. This time, they've "tricked" an orange farmer into buying an automatic tree-specific harvester. Applejack watched dreadfully as the brothers strutted towards the farm. However upon arriving, they were greeted by a truck carrying a large machine in a tarp. The driver was a man in a red shirt and brown overalls, a wrench insignia on his arm, a yellow hard hat on his head, and welding goggles over his eyes. The man exited the truck, being greeted by the brothers.

"Uncle Dell! I thought you'd never show up" greeted Flam.
"Relax boys, I don't forget that easy. Spent 2 hours building that thing, go unpack it yourselves" replied the man.

While the brothers were unpacking the harvesting machine, The Engineer was approached by the Apple family.

"Excuse me sir, are you the one who built these machines?" asked Applejack.
"Of course, ain't too savvy with selling em though. That's what mah nephews are fer. What's the problem?" replied Dell.

"We don't appreciate what yer doing to this community! You're making us lazy, reliant on these dang machines!" threatened Granny Smith, causing The Engineer to sigh.
"Look, I'm an engineer. I solve practical problems. Problems such as 'How am I gonna harvest all these crops in time?' or 'How will I tend to all the plants at once'. You gotta improve or you'll be left in the dust" replied Dell "Though it's fine if you refuse. Looks like we'll be looking at another rundown farm in about a few more years".

The Engineer proceeded to pack up his tools, having noticed that the brothers have finished unpacking. However upon turning his back, he was suddenly punched in the head, knocking him down. He turned around, noticing Applejack standing behind him, her fists balled. "Well missy, looks like you want a brawl" said Dell before getting up. He took off his rubber glove, revealing a mechanical hand underneath.

"Alright then, let's do this Texas Style"

Last edited:
I believe engine can take this due to him being more adjusted to deadly situations on a day to day basis as well as the gunslinger is a pretty good weapon that can even stab through people that as well as being able to build in the heat of battle

He’s also pretty combat smart he is pretty aware of his surroundings which will help him while not as combat smart as his teammates still good enough to the point where he could probably take her down

Well, Grace has been over for a while now and since the CRT left 9-B TF2 untouched, I think this can still be added

The third punch left Applejack on her knees, clutching her gut in pain. Dell simply wiped the dust off his sleeve before noticing that a finger on his mechanical hand had fallen off, likely while blocking one of the attacks

"Looks like you learned an important lesson today, missy" said The Engineer before picking up the metal finger.

"Don't pick a fight ya can't win".

Late, but don't care. There is no 9-B+ version afaik. Whats the ap? I only see a calc for 9-A.
Engineer is around 0.00165 tons, while Applejack is around 0.00267
What is the gunslinger? There's no key mentioning it. How long does building a building take for him anyways?
Wiki page for the Gunslinger. In short, it is a robotic hand that increases his maximum health, and every third successful punch is a critical hit (3x damage). It takes a little over a second to build a mini-sentry (a small turret), and a couple of seconds to build a dispenser (thing that restores ammo and health). His teleporters won't come into play most likely.

Engineer is around 0.00165 tons, while Applejack is around 0.00267
I still think they're wall level, but Demoman does not look like he's in the epicenter of that thing. Shouldn't inverse square law be considered?
Wiki page for the Gunslinger. In short, it is a robotic hand that increases his maximum health, and every third successful punch is a critical hit (3x damage).
Every third successful punch within a second, not every third punch in general.
It takes a little over a second to build a mini-sentry (a small turret), and a couple of seconds to build a dispenser (thing that restores ammo and health). His teleporters won't come into play most likely.
Those don't exactly scream "buildings" but ok, still helpful to know the building speed.

I still think they're wall level, but Demoman does not look like he's in the epicenter of that thing. Shouldn't inverse square law be considered?
That's just a calculation of a rocket, not the actual feat itself. Characters like Soldier can casually tank one point-blank while rocket jumping.

That's just a calculation of a rocket, not the actual feat itself. Characters like Soldier can casually tank one point-blank while rocket jumping.
Meh, Applejack is already comparable to Sunset Shimmer in base, and now has a strength-enhancing Geode to top it off, so I'd still argue for a reasonably high strength advantage via pure scaling.

So what does Engineer do specifically? His first move?

Um, if he goes for a sentry, AJ is gonna run up to him mid-build and punch him square in the face with a big ap advantage. I think people underestimate how short a gap of 5 meters is.

Yea and when that happens she will be shot 6 times per second, since the Sentry will go up in 1.5 seconds. She doesn't have the AP to one-shot him.

Last edited:
Yea and when that happens she will be shot 6 times per second, since the Sentry will go up in 1.5 seconds.
She has athletic human speed. That means she can bull rush him in at least 0.64 seconds at the bare minimum assuming she's baseline. From what you've told me just now: Sentry build time takes more than twice that long.
She doesn't have the AP to one-shot him.
She scales to a calc that is effortlessly nearly two times the ap, and has superstrength greatly enhancing her AP on top of it. It doesn't matter if she doesn't have the AP for a one-shot, it's gonna hurt like shit and hinder his ability to fight. Also, she can and will punch more than once, which is going be hard to dodge given he'll still be recoiling from the first one.

Last edited:
She has athletic human speed. That means she can bull rush him in at least 0.64 seconds at the bare minimum assuming she's baseline. From what you've told me just now: Sentry build time takes more than twice that long.
I don't know how that would work considering speed is equal, not sure what the standards are on that. Even if it wasn't, Engineer also has athletic human speed.
She scales to a calc that is effortlessly nearly two times the ap, and has superstrength greatly enhancing her AP on top of it. It doesn't matter if she doesn't have the AP for a one-shot, it's gonna hurt like shit and hinder his ability to fight. Also, she can and will punch more than once, which is going be hard to dodge given he'll still be recoiling from the first one.
Engineer can literally not attack her and it wouldn't matter if he puts a Sentry Gun down. She would have to either A: Target Engie, but risk getting shot a bunch of times until she is dead not long after, or B: Target the Sentry, in which case Engie can easily get away and build another one, or get the first blow off, or even grind her up into pieces if he just pulls a wire on his arm, which can one-shot characters who are far superior to Engie himself like Heavy.

Her calc isn't nearly twice really, just greater by about 66%.

Also, while this isn't listed on his profile, Engie can probably tolerate quite a bit of pain, considering he went under the same operation as Heavy without any anesthesia, where he was cut open, and had his heart replaced.

Last edited:
I don't know how that would work considering speed is equal, not sure what the standards are on that.
Speed equal does exactly what it says. The only thing that would get equalized is reaction speeds, movement speed isn't being affected as there's nothing to equalize. It's literally the same with a margin of error depending on who has the movement speed advantage.
Even if it wasn't, Engineer also has athletic human speed.
According to what I've read, he'll waste that speed by spending 1.5 seconds building a sentry. That's the point I'm trying to make. It doesn't matter if he has equal speed, it's what he's going to be doing off the bat at such a close distance that's going to put him in a touch spot.
Engineer can literally not attack her and it wouldn't matter if he puts a Sentry Gun down.
1.5 seconds. He's not getting the chance to put one down before being interrupted. You specifically said his character move is to put down a sentry, which you also said takes longer than 1 second to do.
She would have to either A: Target Engie, but risk getting shot a bunch of times until she is dead not long after

or B: Target the Sentry, in which case Engie can easily get away and build another one, or get the first blow off, or even grind her up into pieces if he just pulls a wire on his arm, which can one-shot characters who are far superior to Engie himself like Heavy.
Based on how you described things in previous comments, she can completely ignore the sentry provided she moves fast enough.
Her calc isn't nearly twice really, just greater by about 66%.
He's less than half as strong as she is. It is absolutely nearly twice. And that's without her buffs. You don't have to be inches away to be "nearly" something.
Also, while this isn't listed on his profile, Engie can probably tolerate quite a bit of pain, considering he went under the same operation as Heavy without any anesthesia, where he was cut open, and had his heart replaced.
The few videos I've seen have them getting killed or put in pain by less extreme things, which is probably why it's not listed in the first place.

Last edited:
1.5 seconds. He's not getting the chance to put one down before being interrupted. You specifically said his character move is to put down a sentry, which you also said takes longer than 1 second to do.
1.5 seconds for him to completely build it himself, it takes no time to put one down and 4 seconds for it to build on its own
Meanwhile, the few videos I've seen have them getting killed or put in pain by less extreme things, which is probably why it's not listed in the first place.
What videos are you referring to

1.5 seconds for him to completely build it himself, it takes no time to put one down and 4 seconds for it to build on its own
Alright then. Thanks for the correction
What videos are you referring to
Since people use gameplay to justify full scaling to the explosion: General gameplay I've watched for one. Not to mention cutscenes and character introductions that show them dying in one or a couple of hits. Which is pretty blatantly not on the same pain level as heart surgery with no anesthesia and with a broken rib.

Last edited:
So, does he start by building or dropping a sentry down? He's effectively screwing himself if he goes for the former with the build time at these distances and their movement speeds. Or at the very least making it much easier for Applejack to land a hit on him.

Last edited:
So, does he start by building or dropping a sentry down? He's effectively screwing himself if he goes for the former.
He has to drop it to build it but if he sees her running at him he is gonna fight her instead. If he isn’t working on it it’s gonna build on its own in 4 seconds

Well, in that case, I don't see how Applejack even has a wincon. She destroys one he drops another or more. Even if she manages to get good hits in, he'll still be able to drop one before that can happen, and wait 4 seconds before she gets shot to death.

Well, in that case, I don't see how Applejack even has a wincon. She destroys one he drops another or more. Even if she manages to get good hits in, he'll still be able to drop one before that can happen, and wait 4 seconds before she gets shot to death.
You can hurt the buildings. They're not immune to damage even while being constructed

It takes resources to build buildings. He can't build an infinite amount of them.

In fact if we go by game mechanics, he can only build 2 before needing to get more metal

Back